Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Freedom Wi-Fi calling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Thanks for the details, my sim is only a month old it's the proper format OBP6, and I'm connected to WiFi, I've also enabled airplane mode, and then restarted the phone as well, still says "Not Ready".

All is in place and I've verified everything, not sure why its still not working. I'll reach out to Freedom for help now as it's been 3 days now stuck in same state.
    Go to a Freedom Mobile service outlet and test WiFi calling with their Grand X 4 tester phone SIM card in your phone and/or your phone's SIM card in a different Grand X 4 to determine the problem cause.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Messor Animae View Post
    I updated my Freedom Mobile Grand X 4 to enable Wi-Fi Calling.

Wi-Fi calling works for making and receiving calls. You can leave the phone set to use the cell network and Wi-Fi calling and you can set the phone to Airplane Mode, activate Wi-Fi, make and receive calls via Wi-Fi calling.

I've discovered a few kinks/problems.

1. Wi-Fi Calling 911 address setup appears restricted to Canadian addresses only. Can Wi-Fi Calling be used in other countries? If it can, then restricting the 911 address setup to Canadian addresses could cause problems. I would like Wi-Fi calling 911 to use the phone's GPS to determine location and send the coordinates to emergency services (Maybe it already does that?). Also, change the address settings for 911 service to enable any address anywhere to be entered.

2. Connection preference set to Wi-Fi calling isn't reflected in the preferences notification, it always states: "WiFi Calling Cellular Preferred is your Connection Preference." although it works properly. This needs fixing.
    What I understand from terms of service published on the website and accessible through the phone when registering. Phone always tries to call 911 through any cellular connection and if none are available would go through Wi-Fi calling. In that case GPS location is not passed through automatically, but your registered address would be passed to operator. If you are unable to speak and verify that address with Canadian emergency operator then they would just send the emergency service to that address and since you are calling Canadian 911 they likely wouldn't be able to send emergency team in other country. Hence why only Canadian addresses are allowed. I think its logical.

Feedback Score
    Careless. A few serious security breaches of Canadian carrier cell phones causing consequential lawsuits which cost them customers and serious money and attract large media attention and federal government scrutiny would do wonders to change that.
    Maybe they didn't have these security gaps in the North American versions of OS to start with. Maybe they incldued all of them in the same patch. Also 'Security patch' is probably used to update various sh.. on the phone. Easiest way to get away with any update just name it 'performance improvements' , 'stability improvements' or 'security patch'. Its like natural flavours on the informational labels for food.

Feedback Score
    If wiFi calling is enabled and if able to put any address, including non-Canadian, in the 911 emergency or local equivalent would send help to that address. Restricting address entry to Canada isn't logical.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind mobile
    Feedback Score
    Got an update on my G6 today but unfortunately seems like no wifi calling has been added. wonder when this phone will get it?

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't think I will buy a device from Freedom unless it has WiFi calling ready out of the box. Don't want to run the risk of buying something like an S8 only to get burned and find out WiFi calling is never coming.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If wiFi calling is enabled and if able to put any address, including non-Canadian, in the 911 emergency or local equivalent would send help to that address. Restricting address entry to Canada isn't logical.
    You guys fail to understand, WiFi Calling enables a router to act as a cellphone tower, that is all WiFi Calling is designed to do, its not designed to be a roaming tower which would allow it to determine your location and remember all traffic is still routed through the carrier network servers, so the carrier doesn't want to take responsibility for guessing your location. This is the way it is and it has been, I have never seen it be anything more on any other network.

Also What about when you come back and forget to change the address back and start dialing 911 only to see no one show up?

Common sense and is logical in my opinion.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Koodo: $40/8GB w/ 1000 International Minutes
    Telus: $67/20GB Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Carrier(s)
    FREEDOM
    Feedback Score
    Finally my WiFi calling works. Was displaying "Not Ready" for a few weeks and I talked to tech support, they agreed there was a problem but did not call back. Today I swapped my sim from ZTE grand x4 to lg v20 (my other line on which WIFI calling works) and activated WiFi calling and got the text message that it was activated made a few calls and swapped back the sim to ZTE and WiFi calling on ZTE is now enabled, made a few test calls and texted. Looks like it finally works.

Carrier(s)
    FreedomMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by artekds View Post
    Finally my WiFi calling works. Was displaying "Not Ready" for a few weeks and I talked to tech support, they agreed there was a problem but did not call back. Today I swapped my sim from ZTE grand x4 to lg v20 (my other line on which WIFI calling works) and activated WiFi calling and got the text message that it was activated made a few calls and swapped back the sim to ZTE and WiFi calling on ZTE is now enabled, made a few test calls and texted. Looks like it finally works.
    What did you do? My zte WiFi calling is not ready.

Sent from my Z957 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d1ulove View Post

It looks to me like his WiFi calling didn't provision properly from his Grand X 4 for some reason. If yours isn't working, you could try going to a Freedom store and have them put your sim into another WiFi calling enabled phone.

Carrier(s)
    FREEDOM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d1ulove View Post

Sent from my Z957 using HoFo mobile app
    All I did was pull out the SIM from my ZTE and put it in a LG V20 phone to sign up for wifi calling the first time. Once it was working I put the SIM back in ZTE where it now shows as ready when wifi calling is enabled. As qag01 posted you can go to a freedom mobile store or borrow a LG V20 from your friend. Hope this is clear now.

Feedback Score
    This is interesting. I also show up as WiFi Calling "Not Ready" on my ZTE Grand X 4. I just assumed some network or firmware update hasn't been pushed yet to my phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipberg View Post
    This is interesting. I also show up as WiFi Calling "Not Ready" on my ZTE Grand X 4. I just assumed some network or firmware update hasn't been pushed yet to my phone.
    This explains why I was asked for my phone number by Freedom Mobile to get it into the activation queue.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone got wifi calling working with Freedom on an iPhone? (we know this model of iPhone does support wifi calling because it currently works with Rogers wifi calling).

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    FREEDOM
    Feedback Score
    The following devices are presently supported by freedom mobile
    LG V20, LG Stylo 3 Plus, LG X Power2, ZTE Grand X 4, & ZTE ZFive2

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast