Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cricket's best price requires having exactly five lines

Feedback Score

Cricket's best price requires having exactly five lines

Cricket's best price requires having exactly five lines, no less than five and not even any more than five. Otherwise you will pay more per line.

This makes it difficult for most people to achieve the ability to take advantage of Cricket, since most people aren't interested in being on a non-family account.

It's even more unfortunate for families needing six or more lines that they cannot achieve the best pricing and are therefore pushed into looking into signing up with an alternative provider. (In fact, the major carriers themselves now offer highly competitive pricing on their postpaid service for multiline accounts of five or more lines that often is better than the available pricing on the prepaid market.)

Feedback Score
    With the advent of the new price war that Verizon started, postpaid group plans from all the carriers are very attractive.

Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    Cricket's best price requires having exactly five lines, no less than five and not even any more than five. Otherwise you will pay more per line.
    This is a valid statement of fact.

This makes it difficult for most people to achieve the ability to take advantage of Cricket
    This is a statement of opinion. I pay $35/month for one line. For this fee, I take advantage of Cricket's low cost and good cellular and customer service.

My opinion is that $35/month is a good value for the money with Cricket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eggsalad View Post
    This is a statement of opinion. I pay $35/month for one line. For this fee, I take advantage of Cricket's low cost and good cellular and customer service.

My opinion is that $35/month is a good value for the money with Cricket.
    Exactly! Cricket has good price points at different prices.

With Verizon aggressively entering the prepaid market and AT&T, Verizon and T Mobile in the recent price wars, the consumers have better options. The price difference between prepaid and postpaid has changed based in the number of lines for the plan.

More than 5 phones and AT&T post paid becomes an option with additional lines at $20 each for line 3 to 10 which includes hotspot data.

Feedback Score
    The thing is we can't have it both ways. Cricket's family share is VERY aggressive on that 4th and 5th line, with a $30 and then $40 discount. That is HUGE. That makes the 5th line FREE for the normal 3GB account.

Now where do you go from there? You INCREASE the price of the 6th line and beyond back to some fixed amount of $20 per line fixed charge? That doesn't really line up with the increasing discount waterfall idea on lines 1-5. You can't LEAVE it at $40 discount for lines 6+ as you would have people forming 200 person groupshares where 196 of those lines were "free"

Nothing is perfect in this world. Sometimes the larger item at the supermarket actually costs MORE on a per ounce basis even though they are "ALWAYS" supposed to be cheaper per unit vs the smaller size, in our minds.

Feedback Score
    They should have lines 6-10 include a $20 discount.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 700wx Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you need 6-10, then a better option would still be to go to AT&T post paid unless you are only doing 3g lines.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score

Cricket's best price requires having exactly five lines

You simply have to take advantage of what's available:

5 lines on cricket ($20 each)

Additional line with small amount of data you can use airvoice or H2O Easygo for $20 (100mb data)
    Red pocket :$25for 500mb
    Or METROPCS $30 for 2gb data.

If you need 3 additional line then a second cricket group plan at $30 per line is the way to go.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Well I'm paying 150 bucks for four lines. It would be cheaper if we were on the basic plan. But we're not. I had my mom and a friend on my account but my mom doesn't use any data. Only makes calls and uses a flip phone. Same goes for my friend. I realized I was getting ripped off having them on my account so I ported them to Tello, aka Sprint. I really wish Cricket would offer the family service to suit ppl who still need the bare minimum. I also would like to be able to have at least ten lines.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They should have lines 6-10 include a $20 discount.
    Why "should" they? I'm just curious as to your reasoning.

I think the spirit of family plans is meant to be for immediate family members in the same household. Even the 5 line plan might be difficult to fill according to the US Census Bureau.

The carriers are not dumb and for families that do take advantage of the discount it's pretty hard to beat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    But Mary are you paying less than $25 at Tello?

Feedback Score
    I agree if they continued the lines 6-10 at $20 they could make more money from those with 6 or 7 line needs. Would make things a whole lot easier.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    -- Cricket --
    Feedback Score
    I have 4 lines with autopay and I pay $140 (including taxes) and get 8gb per line. The 2 kids hit that max every month.

I wonder if the Verizon deal includes taxes and surcharges @ the $45 price line.
    loving my S8 on Cricket. NO MORE FLASHING! Gotta love it!

Feedback Score
    Anyone with 4 Cricket lines may as well take a fifth line on the $40 plan, since the 5th line will be completely free.

Feedback Score
    @billm261 Some families have 6 or 7 members needing mobile phones.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast