Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 292

Thread: Rogers Unlimited Data

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
    Posts
    6,596
    Device(s)
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by qag01 View Post
    YesThey can do whatever they want, unless otherwise noted in your wireless agreement, but I have never seen/heard of this happening in Canada before

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app
    Actually, they can't really do whatever they want even if it is noted in the wireless agreement. They are governed by the CRTC and telecommunication laws so they can't do things like prioritising traffic, etc.
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: Netgear Aircard LTE Mobile Hotspot

    My Tech Blog

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    262
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Freedom
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo View Post
    Actually, they can't really do whatever they want even if it is noted in the wireless agreement. They are governed by the CRTC and telecommunication laws so they can't do things like prioritising traffic, etc.
    They can't prioritise specific traffic (NN rules) but, unless there is a rule I'm unaware of, they have full right to prioritise your actual connection, unless they explicitly said they can't in your agreement. Most provider's specify what "reasonable" service speeds are, and I doubt they would be in any trouble if they throttled to or above said speeds. Like I said though, I have never seen this happen here so I wouldn't worry about it

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app
    Damn!

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    178
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    those are actually pretty decent speeds for Rogers B12

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hey guys,

    Those of you who are currently on Rogers Scotia Plan, do you know if I can port a new number over (from a different carrier) to substitute my current number that I'm using with Rogers - that is, without exposing myself to the risks of getting disconnected ?

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    621
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nachojames View Post
    Hey guys,

    Those of you who are currently on Rogers Scotia Plan, do you know if I can port a new number over (from a different carrier) to substitute my current number that I'm using with Rogers - that is, without exposing myself to the risks of getting disconnected ?
    It can be done no problem just call and request it

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hey guys, I'm still searching for an unlimited data plan and I will not stop! I will die trying!

    Anyhow, I've been recently searching on kijiji for 'unlimited data plans' and recently found this new, quite compelling ad, thats offering ROGERS UNLIMITED DATA LTE $55 PLANS with no upfront payments (you can pay after confirmation) so no risk?. And the setup fee is only 200$.

    Can someone confirm this? is there now a 55$ rogers unlimited data plan?

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,167
    Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm still searching for an unlimited data plan and I will not stop! I will die trying!

    Anyhow, I've been recently searching on kijiji for 'unlimited data plans' and recently found this new, quite compelling ad, thats offering ROGERS UNLIMITED DATA LTE $55 PLANS with no upfront payments (you can pay after confirmation) so no risk?. And the setup fee is only 200$.

    Can someone confirm this? is there now a 55$ rogers unlimited data plan?
    Seems like a Scam, someone on Kijiji has posted that person is scamming others and the ads that are currently posted on Kijiji look familiar to the one person reported about.

    I would be cautious, unless he's setting up the plan before payment.

    Also, it says starting from "$55" so most likely the plan is lots more (I remember last year and the year before, the scotia bank plan was $105/month with unlimited canada-usa calling and usa-canada calling etc with North America Wide Data.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Seems like a Scam, someone on Kijiji has posted that person is scamming others and the ads that are currently posted on Kijiji look familiar to the one person reported about.

    I would be cautious, unless he's setting up the plan before payment.

    Also, it says starting from "$55" so most likely the plan is lots more (I remember last year and the year before, the scotia bank plan was $105/month with unlimited canada-usa calling and usa-canada calling etc with North America Wide Data.
    Yea its before payment, so im kinda confused how he can scam me then. cuz i can just not pay him.
    Last edited by johnwood2171; 02-04-2018 at 06:11 PM.

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,167
    Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    Yea its before payment, so im kinda confused how he can scam me then. cuz i can just not pay him.
    Then go for it.

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    621
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    My friend found someone who is activating magna plans on an account that you already have a magna line on My friend had 1 line she got 2 more added total of 3 lines $50 plus tax each one unlimited data and takes payment after its done $350 a line

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    621
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Seems like a Scam, someone on Kijiji has posted that person is scamming others and the ads that are currently posted on Kijiji look familiar to the one person reported about.

    I would be cautious, unless he's setting up the plan before payment.

    Also, it says starting from "$55" so most likely the plan is lots more (I remember last year and the year before, the scotia bank plan was $105/month with unlimited canada-usa calling and usa-canada calling etc with North America Wide Data.
    There is $70 version of scotia plan and a $95. The $95 version lets you call anywhere in north America from anywhere in north America

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto,ON
    Posts
    279
    Device(s)
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    $50 unlimited plan with Magna International does not exist.

    See attached, any plan changes can ONLY be done by the designated rep.

    Unlimited is now $100 end of story.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBoy View Post
    $50 unlimited plan with Magna International does not exist.

    See attached, any plan changes can ONLY be done by the designated rep.

    Unlimited is now $100 end of story.

    is that the plan you have? Can one get this plan via kijiji?

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto,ON
    Posts
    279
    Device(s)
    Samsung Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    is that the plan you have? Can one get this plan via kijiji?
    Yes, this plan was obtained by a family member that works for the company under his name. They are allowed to have 5 lines total per employee.

    He got it via designated rep.

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    621
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBoy View Post
    $50 unlimited plan with Magna International does not exist.

    See attached, any plan changes can ONLY be done by the designated rep.

    Unlimited is now $100 end of story.
    It does exist my friend paid someone to do it only works if you already have a line with magna so my friend has 4 now


    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 151
Size:  63.4 KB

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sharing Rogers Unlimited Data
    By mrhindustan in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 04:37 AM
  2. Rogers unlimited data plans NEVER happening
    By stogats in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 01:50 PM
  3. Rogers unlimited data promotion
    By risenshine85 in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 12:19 AM
  4. Rogers Unlimited Data?
    By longd in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 10:13 PM

Bookmarks