Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: Total Wireless voLTE &/or Wifi calling - who has it working now?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    GS10? That's not an iPhone. Did anyone say it was working on an Android?
    As far as TF (or TW) is concerned the phone you activated with is the phone you are using.

None of the TF companies support VoLTE, VVM,nor wifi calling work a damn.

New (to them) tech is always hit or miss and mostly miss.
    All Samsungs that I had and have (unlocked S7 Edge, S9 and now S10) supported VoLTE and VVM without issues on Total Wireless. Also the iPhone 6 and 7 Plus supported VoLTE.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    All Samsungs that I had and have supported VoLTE and VVM without issues on Total Wireless.
    What's that got to do with WiFi calling, the subject of the post you quoted.

It appears to work on some iPhones.

You mentioned your daughter's iPhone 7 but not whether it was registered or just a SIM swap. Instead you mention a SIM registered to a GS10.

As for something working, that doesn't mean they support it. You call with a problem and they'll tell you it's not supported. Tried many times to get VoLTE and/or VVM enabled on 3 dIfferent lines. Always told it's not supported.

Finally activated new SIM, which re-provisioned account and both work. But they never would/could just enable the features.

Feedback Score
    None of the TF companies support VoLTE, VVM, nor wifi calling work a damn.
    I was referring exactly to your own statements. VoLTE and VVM work for me, with the phones that are compatible with the host network (Verizon).
    Motorola never worked right, not since Lenovo got them (own a G4 Plus and a X Pure).

The iPhone 7 was originally a SIM swap from her old iPhone 6. Now I swapped it with another SIM, to prevent any service intreruption (I have bought a bunch of un-activated TW SIMs for $1 each).

The only issue with iPhones was on 6s one that my son had, that came from T-Mobile. Even if T-Mobile claimed it was unlocked, it was actually locked for international SIM's and no VoLTE for VZW.

It might have to do with the actual SIM versions - some are older, without the proper provisions. Like WiFi calling provision - might need a different TF SIM, one of the ones from this picture. Note that TW is not there.
    Name:  Tracfone_Family.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  32.8 KB

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Working is not supporting.

My unlocked Motorolas (G5+, E4, E4+) and even the SM branded E5 work fine for VoLTE and VVM, but TF won't supportt it. The wouldn't couldn't enable it on my account. On a SIM change which Verizon provisioned changed it.

Even now I have one line that the SIM was activated in Feb 2017 so it's not provisioned (before Verizon started provisioning by default). Repeated contacts with CSRs, even a few weeks ago, always get the same response, they don't support VoLTE or VVM.

Verizon does not provision VoWiFi by default, and TF can't/won't enable it.

Age of SIM isn't the issue as I have VoLTE and VVM on a SIM bought in 2015, back when TF CSR were saying no LTE devices but you could activate online if you had a SIM. Another case where something worked but CSRs didn't support.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Working is not supporting.

My unlocked Motorolas (G5+, E4, E4+) and even the SM branded E5 work fine for VoLTE and VVM, but TF won't supportt it. The wouldn't couldn't enable it on my account. On a SIM change which Verizon provisioned changed it.

Even now I have one line that the SIM was activated in Feb 2017 so it's not provisioned (before Verizon started provisioning by default). Repeated contacts with CSRs, even a few weeks ago, always get the same response, they don't support VoLTE or VVM.

Verizon does not provision VoWiFi by default, and TF can't/won't enable it.

Age of SIM isn't the issue as I have VoLTE and VVM on a SIM bought in 2015, back when TF CSR were saying no LTE devices but you could activate online if you had a SIM. Another case where something worked but CSRs didn't support.
    I wonder what would still work if one got Verizon prepaid for a month then ported over to StraightTalk...
    Personal: Sprint Apple iPhone 6s (A1688) on Sprint Post Paid SERO Premium SWAC Plus running iOS 13.3 with Sprint 40.0 and PRL 55071 and modem firmware 7.30.02 and SIM card version 63.09a
    Work: Verizon LG G2

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techguru View Post
    I wonder what would still work if one got Verizon prepaid for a month then ported over to StraightTalk...
    When you "port" you activate a new SIM and it gets provisioned based in the new provider. Same as just activated a new line.

Feedback Score
    This passage is from TW Terms and Conditions document. If you feel you have been wronged or taken advantage of quote this passage to a service rep. Be prepared as they are clueless. Get a higher level rep tell them you are going to make an FCC complaint based on paragraph 10 of the T&C. Be sure to follow though with your complaint to the FCC. This gov't agency is actually very responsive.

10. WI-FI CALLING

Wi-Fi Calling is available only on phones that are Wi-Fi Calling capable. Wi-Fi Calling provides you the ability to make and receive phone calls and text messages over a Wi-Fi connection. Wi-Fi Calling enhances your coverage in buildings and other locations. If you use a Wi-Fi network for making or receiving calls and text messages or for any other reason, you acknowledge and agree that your use of such Wi-Fi network is permissible and that you are solely responsible for such use. Using your Wi-Fi Calling feature may provide you with access to an unsecured Wi-Fi network which could impact your data security. You can disable Wi-Fi Calling by toggling it off in your device settings menu.

Although we recommend that you use your wireless service as your primary method of contacting 911, you may be able to use Wi-Fi Calling for dialing 911 if your phone is equipped with this feature and you have access to the internet through your phone’s W-Fi connection. To dial 911 using Wi-Fi Calling, you must provide us with an address for your primary use of Wi-Fi (“Primary Address”) at the time of activation. If the location at which you primarily use Wi-Fi changes, either temporarily or permanently, you must register the new address online at e911-reg.tracfone.com or by contacting Customer Care at 1-866-663-3633. It may take 24 hours or more to update your address information. If you do not give us your Primary Address, we will block your ability to use Wi-Fi calling. When you use Wi-Fi Calling to dial 911 and you are away from your Primary Address, we will have no information about your location. As such, always be prepared to report your precise location to emergency responders.

Please be aware that dialing 911 via Wi-Fi Calling requires access to the internet and operates differently than traditional 911 calling services. For example, 911 service via Wi-Fi Calling may be limited or not available due to various circumstances, including, relocation of equipment, loss or disruption of power, internet or wireless service, internet congestion or a connection failure, delays in availability of registered location information, and/or other technical problems.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevillelady View Post
    Wi-Fi Calling is available only on phones that are Wi-Fi Calling capable.
    Just because a phone claims to support wifi calling, even on Verizon, doesn't mean it meets their definition of capable.

Basically, if it's enabled when you activate it's capable. Otherwise it's not. They can't/won't specifically enable it on any device.

Go ahead, fight for days with support. Even bring in the BBB and FCC. I predict it will all be futile.

Much as my efforts to get VoLTE and/or VVM enabled.I gave up on 3 lines and just activated new SIMs which did what I wanted despite multiple claims from TF/TW that the phones weren't capable, even when confronted with 2 of the same devices, one with it (after a SIM change) and the other w/o.

Feedback Score
    Everything ST stated is 100% accurate. However, can you image the level of admin support need by TW/TF if numerous complaints were filed to the FCC relative to WiFi calling, as they require a response to each complaint. Hit them were it hurts, it is your right seek redress (remedy or set right an undesirable or unfair situation) from the gov't when not satisfied. TW/TF should make it clear what devices they/Verizon support for WiFi calling. Reading the T&C is misleading,

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    T&C does not mean that they have WiFi calling. It is there just in case someone got the option for it. It is kinda like hotspot options on the phones. There is a number of phones that does not have hotspot options while lots of the newer phones have hotspot options.

As far as I know, T-Mobile based Tracfone SIMs is the easiest to get WiFi calling tho.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24