Thread: Enable personal hotspot

Feedback Score

Enable personal hotspot

So I just got my iPhone 5C with a "flashed" sim chip active to Boost Mobile .. all is working good, my only issue is the personal hotspot, when I try to turn it on I get the message that I need to contact boost mobile for activation ..
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1495155910.832756.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  119.2 KB
    The problem is that the phone that is on my account is not this iPhone but the donor incognito .. and I am on the old grandfathered $.35 per day unlimited data
    So obviously I cannot call boost to activate it so .... my question is what are my options to get this native hotspot active or do I have to do a jailbreak and install a 3rd party tethering app ??
    ------ No cell phone, No Tablet, No internet, No Computer, No Facebook ------
    -------------------- HOW LONG WILL YOU LAST -----------------------
    The Problem With Government:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZPvqkzqeg
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think for themselves to see the lies & deception brought to them for a false reality

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Enable personal hotspot

You are going to have to jailbreak and install an app like tetherme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by -banned- View Post
    So I just got my iPhone 5C with a "flashed" sim chip active to Boost Mobile .. all is working good, my only issue is the personal hotspot, when I try to turn it on I get the message that I need to contact boost mobile for activation ..
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1495155910.832756.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  119.2 KB
    The problem is that the phone that is on my account is not this iPhone but the donor incognito .. and I am on the old grandfathered $.35 per day unlimited data
    So obviously I cannot call boost to activate it so .... my question is what are my options to get this native hotspot active or do I have to do a jailbreak and install a 3rd party tethering app ??
    Sounds like you're using a Quick-Sim, since iPhone 5Cs from Sprint and Verizon can be official activated on Boost. Only way for you to get hotspot is going to be to jailbreak.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    You are going to have to jailbreak and install an app like tetherme.
    Yep that's the way it's looking ... It's on 10.2.1 so I have to wait a while for a good JB to come out

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMFD21 View Post
    Sounds like you're using a Quick-Sim, since iPhone 5Cs from Sprint and Verizon can be official activated on Boost. Only way for you to get hotspot is going to be to jailbreak.
    Yes I am using a quick sim ...