Thread: Like to Try MetroPCS But I'm 70 miles away.

Device(s)
    LG G5 (AT&T Branded H820)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Like to Try MetroPCS But I'm 70 miles away.

I'm a Cricket customer looking to try MetroPCS. The nearest store is 70 miles away. Can I buy a sim online? What all can customer service do for me over the phone? Just like to make sure I don't have to drive 70 miles every time I need something changed on my account. Maybe it's not feasible in my area.

Any opinions?

Thanks,

Matt

Feedback Score
    Can't order a sim online. Says in store only. As far as everything else you can do over the phone with c.s. most stuff is easier over the phone anyway as stores charge to pretty much do anything on your account. I'd check to make sure TMobile even has coverage in your area, don't go by the map, the map is full of it, see if anyone you know around you has metro or TMobile. Usually where they have service they'd have a store so it seems odd the closest is an hour away. Usually means coverage in your area sucks so they don't have a retail presence there.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I kind of figured that. I'm going to gamble tomorrow and find out. I was going to get a new inexpensive plan for a month and monitor the coverage, but I didn't want to drive another 70 miles to port my old number. I need the wifi calling bad and really don't want to bother with Google at this point.

Feedback Score
    You won't get WIFI calling unless the phone is a Tmobile sold model.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matts2009 View Post
    I'm a Cricket customer looking to try MetroPCS. The nearest store is 70 miles away. Can I buy a sim online? What all can customer service do for me over the phone? Just like to make sure I don't have to drive 70 miles every time I need something changed on my account. Maybe it's not feasible in my area.

Any opinions?

Thanks,

Matt
    Metro has stores where they have coverage, so that should tell you about service.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Metro has stores where they have coverage, so that should tell you about service.
    That is not true at all.
    But I will say their customer service for me on a scale of 0 - 10 would be a 1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    You won't get WIFI calling unless the phone is a Tmobile sold model.
    This isn't true. Most unlocked/unbranded devices sold also support TMobile/metro pcs wifi calling. The Moto g5 plus, ZTE axon 7/7 mini, the pixel line, the Nexus 6, 6p, 5x, the iPhone 6s, 7, se. There are more but you get the idea.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    Can't order a sim online. Says in store only. As far as everything else you can do over the phone with c.s. most stuff is easier over the phone anyway as stores charge to pretty much do anything on your account. I'd check to make sure TMobile even has coverage in your area, don't go by the map, the map is full of it, see if anyone you know around you has metro or TMobile. Usually where they have service they'd have a store so it seems odd the closest is an hour away. Usually means coverage in your area sucks so they don't have a retail presence there.
    You can purchase metro sims on ebay or amazon

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Yep. Found that out. Forget about the coverage map.