Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Name Call Display - Finally?

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1 / Apple iPhone X
    Feedback Score
    Feature is in a staged roll-out and expanding over the months. Calling party's carrier must also support outgoing CLID for it to work.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Ah ok, thanks. So maybe I'll see it enabled on my plan soon.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I'm in Vancouver on TELUS. I got a call the other day that showed a name that wasn't in my contacts, but it seemed to be a one time occurrence. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Any chance we'll get outgoing name display on our TELUS phones as well (instead of "British Columbia")?

Feedback Score
    Considering TELUS doesn't yet support outgoing name display, maybe the people/companies who are calling you don't have outgoing name display either, and that's why you're not getting names on all calls.

Device(s)
    Motorola Defy
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I'm in Greater Vancouver and received a call with ID (not in my contacts) the other day. I do have the caller ID feature on my plan as an add-on.

Feedback Score
    It's working in the Okanogan. received a call the other day from someone who isn't in my contacts, but the name of the business came up

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I currently have a TELUS corp plan on an iPhone 7 Plus living in the Greater Toronto Area. I have not seen any name display until this past weekend when I received a random call. However, I was roaming in the US while using my TELUS SIM card! It only seemed to work while I was on T-Mobile and not AT&T.

Later on, I tested this again with a friend who has an AT&T phone. He called my 416 number while I was roaming on T-Mobile and it showed his last name, first name. I then switched to AT&T and he called again, and it only showed the number.

What's interesting is I also have a TELUS prepaid account with a 780 area code while using an old iPhone 3GS, and it started showing name display on calls the last few days. Strange how my monthly corp plan won't show it in Canada but will in the US, meanwhile a prepaid account in an old phone works in Canada.

Name:  Photo 2017-06-17, 18 02 34.png
Views: 565
Size:  205.3 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by euroeuro View Post
    I currently have a TELUS corp plan on an iPhone 7 Plus living in the Greater Toronto Area. I have not seen any name display until this past weekend when I received a random call. However, I was roaming in the US while using my TELUS SIM card! It only seemed to work while I was on T-Mobile and not AT&T.

Later on, I tested this again with a friend who has an AT&T phone. He called my 416 number while I was roaming on T-Mobile and it showed his last name, first name. I then switched to AT&T and he called again, and it only showed the number.

What's interesting is I also have a TELUS prepaid account with a 780 area code while using an old iPhone 3GS, and it started showing name display on calls the last few days. Strange how my monthly corp plan won't show it in Canada but will in the US, meanwhile a prepaid account in an old phone works in Canada.

Name:  Photo 2017-06-17, 18 02 34.png
Views: 565
Size:  205.3 KB
    I am literally in your exact boat and I too was in USA this past weekend with my Corp plan and experienced the exact same effect. Except while on T-Mobile my calls happened to be all from mobile devices so it just showed as "Wireless Caller"

On AT&T it only displayed number, no Name Display.

Our Koodo lines are all working with Name Display in Canada, we didn't test in USA with the one we had with us as we didn't need to spend on high roaming costs.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Telus: $67/20GB Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    T-Mobile is the only US carrier that supports Name Display
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It worked in Scarborough ON for me yesterday afternoon. TELLCITYHALL was an automated message with a one-question survey asking if I trust my local government. I hung up.

Both the name and number appeared when my phone was ringing, and both the name and number are in my call log. (Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running Android 6.0.1.)

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using HoFo mobile app
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wonder when they will roll this out to corporate lines. Even prepaid accounts are working now.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by euroeuro View Post
    I wonder when they will roll this out to corporate lines. ...
    But you guys with corporate lines get VoLTE, VoWiFi, and free Visual Voicemail for iPhone!

VoLTE definitely isn't working for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    But you guys with corporate lines get VoLTE, VoWiFi, and free Visual Voicemail for iPhone!

You can't get VoLTE with that phone either way.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post

Not everyone gets Visual VoiceMail for Free, I have to pay for mine.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Not everyone gets Visual VoiceMail for Free, I have to pay for mine.
    Hmmm, @euroeuro got it for free in the two screen shots he posted on June 1. I wonder why there's a difference between your two corporate CAN-US plans!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast