Thread: New ZTE Majesty Pro phone on Straight Talk

Feedback Score

New ZTE Majesty Pro phone on Straight Talk

There is a new phone on Straight Talk - the ZTE Majesty Pro on the Straight Talk Verizon. The phone seems to be so new that I cannot find any reviews on it. All I can find are the specs - which show that this is pretty much a beginner Android. The phone would be for my wife who has never had an Android phone before. She needs a phone that is small enough to easily fit and stay in a front pants pocket. I do not want to buy this phone - even though it is only $30 unless I know that it works, has clear incoming and outgoing calls, etc. So many of the Android Straight Talk phones get terrible reviews. Anyone have this phone or know where I can find user reviews of this phone? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Lucky for you, I bought this phone at Walmart yesterday for Tracfone. Here are some bad things about the phone:

*You can't move apps to the SD Card.

*Instagram , Facebook and Messenger built into the stock OS Rom, you can't uninstall these, just disable them

*No FM Radio

*Can seem you can get very limited on storage if you have too many apps installed beyond the preinstalled ones integrated into the stock OS.

*Does not contain an initial charge like many phones do you have to fully charge it before use.

*Has integrated battery, not removable by the user unless you're an expert at tinkering with these things.

Feedback Score
    Does anybody know with this phone the trick to figuring out which is which?

As part a Rewards Program deal I got from a store, I'm getting two of these ZTE Majesty Pros at no cost.

They are the Tracfone TFZEZ799VCP model.

I assume the VCP means I'm probably getting the CDMA version with Verizon?

It seems like many sites just list Tracfone/Straight Talk/Family Mobile/etc model numbers and not the actual ZTE model number confirming if it's CDMA or GSM.

Feedback Score
    It turned out to be the VL model which is the Verizon CDMA version.