Thread: Just tried the Verizon t2000 Home Office Phone

Feedback Score

Just tried the Verizon t2000 Home Office Phone

Has anyone else tried it? It supports Home/Office HD Voice which I assume is Volte. It is made by Novatel. It has a nice color LCD screen and can accept an external antenna. It looks promising but I finally gave up because the Audio Quality was on par or worse than the previous F256 device from Huwaei.

We got a lot of static and choppy audio from it using Panasonic Cordless handsets. It sounded a lot like talking through a fan. Also there was lots of crackle. Granted our signal strength was about -109dBm of LTE and I should have tried other handsets, but I finally went back to the f256 for now and I returned it. Hopefully Verizon leaves CDMA on for a little bit longer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    Has anyone else tried it? It supports Home/Office HD Voice which I assume is Volte. It is made by Novatel. It has a nice color LCD screen and can accept an external antenna. It looks promising but I finally gave up because the Audio Quality was on par or worse than the previous F256 device from Huwaei.

We got a lot of static and choppy audio from it using Panasonic Cordless handsets. It sounded a lot like talking through a fan. Also there was lots of crackle. Granted our signal strength was about -109dBm of LTE and I should have tried other handsets, but I finally went back to the f256 for now and I returned it. Hopefully Verizon leaves CDMA on for a little bit longer.
    VZW CDMA will still be around for another 2 years it so.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Well If anyone else tries one could you tell me if it can handle caller name ID and VoLTE at the same time?

The T1114 can support one or the other but not both at the same time.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wrong forum. Thread relocated.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    Well If anyone else tries one could you tell me if it can handle caller name ID and VoLTE at the same time?

Hmmm.... I thought the T1114 would be my next try. I did not realize it had an issue. As far as I know caller ID worked. The Panasonic phones announced the callers name the same way they do on the F256.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Wrong forum. Thread relocated.
    This is a stationary cellular phone device if that clarifies it. This NOT a landline.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Play (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post

It can support Caller ID Name, for the very first time, with the January 2018 firmware update.

I don't think it can support HD Voice (VZW's name for VoLTE). I say that because the T2000 isn't Android, iOS, nor Windows, so which HD Voice app would you even try to install?

Feedback Score
    Well I would love to try one one of these again. Is the audio fairly consistent on less than ideal connections? Do they ship the antenna with it yet?

We are running about -110 dbm on LTE where we need the cellular home phone device and the last time we tried this device the audio was very choppy, while a cell phone could do reasonably well in the same location.

That would be an interesting new thread as afar as what is the difference between HD Voice and VolTE. I tend to think they are basically the same with VolTE being the underlying technology and HD being the branding.

As for the latest smartphones the HD Voice is embedded right into the settings with no app necessary so I would assume the firmware of the home phone device could have whatever it needs to do VolTE and/or HD voice flashed right into the firmware.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk