Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: AT&T unlimited iPad plan

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidngenius View Post
    Have you tried 'ATT BROADBAND' apn setting?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much. That worked. Stayed on 3G for a while but 4G LTE finally kicked in. Hotspot works too. Woohoo!

Thanks again.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    So yesterday I signed up for att's $30 prepaid ipad plan to use in my MOFI 4500. I used a generated Ipad air IMEI, checked against IMEI.info and verified clean on swappa. Everything went through fine, I signed up for the plan, got my confirmation email. But the SIM doesn't seem to be activated. (triple checked the sim number) I've used a lot of these type accounts from resellers before without issue. I thought maybe it needed a day to activate because when I was signing up I thought it said service start date 5/11/19, although in my account overview it shows 5/10/19 through 6/9/19. I'll keep checking today in case it does take some time to activate, otherwise does anyone have any ideas? Do I need an actual ipad to activate it? Or at least an AT&t branded hotspot? I was under the impression it would just activate and I could put it in my MOfi. Thanks

Additional: using broadband as APN
    triple checked the sim card number on the account matches

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemaaan View Post
    So yesterday I signed up for att's $30 prepaid ipad plan to use in my MOFI 4500. I used a generated Ipad air IMEI, checked against IMEI.info and verified clean on swappa. Everything went through fine, I signed up for the plan, got my confirmation email. But the SIM doesn't seem to be activated. (triple checked the sim number) I've used a lot of these type accounts from resellers before without issue. I thought maybe it needed a day to activate because when I was signing up I thought it said service start date 5/11/19, although in my account overview it shows 5/10/19 through 6/9/19. I'll keep checking today in case it does take some time to activate, otherwise does anyone have any ideas? Do I need an actual ipad to activate it? Or at least an AT&t branded hotspot? I was under the impression it would just activate and I could put it in my MOfi. Thanks Additional: using broadband as APN triple checked the sim card number on the account matches
    is the Ipad air a 4G LTE or 3G ?? it may take up to a full 24 hours for the sim to become active ??

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    is the Ipad air a 4G LTE or 3G ?? it may take up to a full 24 hours for the sim to become active ??
    It's LTE, maybe so regarding the full 24hrs, I think that's in about 15 mins or so

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Try provisioning the sim in your ipad 1st before moving it to your mofi 4500 if that don't work call at&t customer service 800 331 0500 and ask for the puk code on the sim card go to the att wifi manager and make up a 4 digit unlock code a few time
    getting the code wrong then you will be asked for the puk code enter that then setup a real unlock code for your sim hope this helps good luck

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    Try provisioning the sim in your ipad 1st before moving it to your mofi 4500 if that don't work call at&t customer service 800 331 0500 and ask for the puk code on the sim card go to the att wifi manager and make up a 4 digit unlock code a few time
    getting the code wrong then you will be asked for the puk code enter that then setup a real unlock code for your sim hope this helps good luck
    Unfortunately I don't actually have an iPad, I spoofed the IMEI. I haven't checked to see if it's activated recently, will check again in about an HR.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4, Samsung J7 Neo.
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Page Plus, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    So yesterday I signed up for att's $30 prepaid ipad plan to use in my MOFI 4500. I used a generated Ipad air IMEI, checked against IMEI.info and verified clean on swappa. Everything went through fine, I signed up for the plan, got my confirmation email. But the SIM doesn't seem to be activated. (triple checked the sim number) I've used a lot of these type accounts from resellers before without issue. I thought maybe it needed a day to activate because when I was signing up I thought it said service start date 5/11/19, although in my account overview it shows 5/10/19 through 6/9/19. I'll keep checking today in case it does take some time to activate, otherwise does anyone have any ideas? Do I need an actual ipad to activate it? Or at least an AT&t branded hotspot? I was under the impression it would just activate and I could put it in my MOfi. Thanks

Additional: using broadband as APN
    triple checked the sim card number on the account matches
    It should be working almost immediately providing that the APN is correct. I activated mine using an H2O sim card no problems. Mine has never been in a iPad.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    It should be working almost immediately providing that the APN is correct. I activated mine using an H2O sim card no problems. Mine has never been in a iPad.
    Thanks, yeah that's what my impression was. APN should be right, idk what's going on.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, yeah that's what my impression was. APN should be right, idk what's going on.
    I had problems using an att sim but mine would not pick up LTE only 3G so I went to target and bought a H2O sim and activated it and had wala it worked perfect. Not sure if it will work for you but the h2o sims are $1 so it’s worth a shot

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfoltz View Post
    I had problems using an att sim but mine would not pick up LTE only 3G so I went to target and bought a H2O sim and activated it and had wala it worked perfect. Not sure if it will work for you but the h2o sims are $1 so it’s worth a shot
    alright I'll see about getting an H2O sim, I'm also trying to locate an iPad. The sim still isn't activated this morning, so it's approaching 48 hrs since purchase.

Feedback Score
    alright I'll see about getting an H2O sim, I'm also trying to locate an iPad. The sim still isn't activated this morning, so it's approaching 48 hrs since purchase.
    If you can, try the sim you activated in A different device such as an unlocked smartphone.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buick6 View Post
    If you can, try the sim you activated in A different device such as an unlocked smartphone.
    Thanks, I have a line on an ipad mini 2 LTE model with cracked screen for $25, should have it later today. That's a good idea though, depending on if this deal goes through I might give that a try with my PH-1, I guess I would also probably need to change the APN in the phone to broadband since its supposed to be a data only plan. Thanks for the suggestion.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Got it sorted with an Ipad. Working in Mofi now.

Feedback Score
    Got it sorted with an Ipad. Working in Mofi now.
    Nice, you got it working.

Feedback Score
    That $25 ipad sure turned into $82 fast. That's bidding.
    Last edited by Gulfcoast; 05-13-2019 at 01:39 AM.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast