Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast

Thread: AT&T unlimited iPad plan

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Mega, OP6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just another data point..a colleague of mine who had used that prepay iPad plan that was $29 => $35 just got cut off. He had been using the SIM in a Nighthawk.

He had been using it in a hotspot and it stopped working. The rep said it had been suspended but she didn’t know why and unsuspended it. A few days later he received a phone call from AT&T informing him that they knew he was using the SIM in a hotspot and that the plan would be cancelled. It pretty much stopped working as soon as the voicemail was left.

This was early last week. I’ll see if I can figure out how to post the recording of the voicemail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I remember hearing rumors a couple of months ago that by the end of summer all of the abused iPad plans would be shut down. I'm suprpised they haven't automated it before now. Verizon would have had it done in a couple of days.

But what about the $20 per month post paid ipad plans? Are those going to start getting shut down soon?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, and a Google Pixel 2 on the way
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thank god i can login to all my lines again and they’re all up and running. That could have been really bad because I have a LOT of these lines.
    Antifa is a coalition of hyperviolent activists who are far-left anarchists or communists. They most definitely are complete lunatics and should be considered domestic terrorists.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Royemunson View Post
    Thank god i can login to all my lines again and they’re all up and running. That could have been really bad because I have a LOT of these lines.
    So what are you doing, renting them to people for home internet?

I heard a rumor a month or so ago that by the end of summer all of the iPad lines that are violating TOS would be shut down. The guy said he was an AT&T employee. But who knows - it may have been all B.S.

Device(s)
    Moto G7, Moto G7 Play, Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart, AT&T unlimited Data
    Feedback Score
    Not sure what you call it, but I purchased two $20 postpaid tablet plans with unlimited data about 2 months ago in AT&T store in Henderson. I use the sims in my smartphones. Never had an issue. Initially, I was getting over 100 Mbps. Now I am getting about 36-50 Mbps.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/6248683184

AT&T has all these different plans like buy a session which is $35.

Sent from my moto g(7) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

AT&T unlimited iPad plan

If anyone meets the following restrictions, my sales rep will be glad to set up a $20/month postpaid unlimited iPad account for you.

1. EIN or Sole Proprietor
    2. iPad in your possession - to put the sim in at least once
    3. DM me your phone number and I’ll put you in touch with my sales rep.

And howdy @collegea - fellow Las Vegan here but my rep is actually across the country. My speed experience has been similar to yours.

Feedback Score
    I have two $20 Connected Car plans from Mobley devices. I notice some shenanigans towards the end of the month when I'm well over the 22gb network management limit. I switch over to the less used sim I do see an improvement. Also switching off band 2 helps, Att pushes everyone on to band 2 in my area.. I see way less management activity on these plans than my Visible sim.

I'm hoping since the Mobley plans are gone and they have a limited number users Att will ignore them like they did with the original prepaid iPad plan before they brought it back and things went insane.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G Stylus, G Power, G7, G7Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegea View Post
    Not sure what you call it, but I purchased two $20 postpaid tablet plans with unlimited data about 2 months ago in AT&T store in Henderson. I use the sims in my smartphones. Never had an issue. Initially, I was getting over 100 Mbps. Now I am getting about 36-50 Mbps.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/6248683184

AT&T has all these different plans like buy a session which is $35.

Can these $20 plans be found online? Every time I check the website it wants to put a phone plan on a tablet. Why would anyone pay those rates for a tablet?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    Can these $20 plans be found online? Every time I check the website it wants to put a phone plan on a tablet. Why would anyone pay those rates for a tablet?
    I got the $20 plans in a corporate store. What I found online was more expensive, the buy a session plans, which was $15 more expensive and prepaid.

I had two tablets which I brought into the corporate store; otherwise they would not have sold the plans to me.

I use the plans in my smartphones.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    I have two $20 Connected Car plans from Mobley devices. I notice some shenanigans towards the end of the month when I'm well over the 22gb network management limit. I switch over to the less used sim I do see an improvement. Also switching off band 2 helps, Att pushes everyone on to band 2 in my area.. I see way less management activity on these plans than my Visible sim.

I'm hoping since the Mobley plans are gone and they have a limited number users Att will ignore them like they did with the original prepaid iPad plan before they brought it back and things went insane.
    I am on Band 12. I was getting well over 100 Mbps when I first started. Now I think AT&T is capping speeds at 50 Mbps. I say this because every time I do a speed test it goes lower once it hits 50 Mbps. Not that big of a deal I suppose for $20 a month.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrp Alert View Post
    If anyone meets the following restrictions, my sales rep will be glad to set up a $20/month postpaid unlimited iPad account for you.

And howdy @collegea - fellow Las Vegan here but my rep is actually across the country. My speed experience has been similar to yours.

Can this be started as a solo line? No other phone lines needed?

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Can this be started as a solo line? No other phone lines needed?
    Yes. As long as it’s company liable.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrp Alert View Post

Is this less likely to get suspended for being in the wrong device?
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunterm View Post
    Is this less likely to get suspended for being in the wrong device?
    Don’t do it

Device(s)
    Android, Windows
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How do I go about selling my grandfathered unlimited iPad plan for $34.99 a month? I have a ZTE modem router that I'm going to include. I've been using it now for about 2 years no problems. I just don't need it no more

Sent from my LM-Q720 using HoFo mobile app

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast