Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast

Thread: AT&T unlimited iPad plan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cocky01 View Post
    Does anyone have one of the prepaid plans that wants to get rid of it?

Sent from my SM-N986U using HoFo mobile app
    I have one if interested. Just PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    So apparently AT&T is cracking down on IMEIs again... My data plan renewed and I've been using my old plan/sim card in a cell modem/router for a couple years now without issue, but the last time I had this problem I literally had to buy a new/used iPad that still took a nano sim card and activate it through the iPad's settings... Not thrilled about jumping through these hoops again.. Anyone else have this issue?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGriffin69 View Post
    So apparently AT&T is cracking down on IMEIs again... My data plan renewed and I've been using my old plan/sim card in a cell modem/router for a couple years now without issue, but the last time I had this problem I literally had to buy a new/used iPad that still took a nano sim card and activate it through the iPad's settings... Not thrilled about jumping through these hoops again.. Anyone else have this issue?
    Are you on the old $35 prepaid plan?

I know today or yesterday over at LTE Hacks Facebook page a guy said he had a Mobley line shut down when he put that sim in a phone. I guess he'd been doing it off and on for a few years with no issues. Until now!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Are you on the old $35 prepaid plan?

I know today or yesterday over at LTE Hacks Facebook page a guy said he had a Mobley line shut down when he put that sim in a phone. I guess he'd been doing it off and on for a few years with no issues. Until now!!!!
    Yessir! Bingo!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGriffin69 View Post
    Yessir! Bingo!
    Okay then. They popped a line I set up (about 2 years ago) for my BIL about 6-8 weeks ago. And he wasn't using much data normally. But that month he went over 100GB and they nailed him.

Feedback Score
    So update, NOW my account has completely cancelled and they gave me a number to contact the fraud department. So... Who know.. Jig is finally up apparently.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    How old is your plan? I think mine is at least 8 years at this point
    Mourning the loss of my Nextel i325

Feedback Score
    2010 I think?

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    It was only a matter of time. my iPad SIM also got shut down (I'd occasionally put it into a Nighthawk when my 10GB of hotspot in my plan ran out)

The 100GB/$55 plan is not terrible (at least for my use) so I just went that route and left the iPad without a data SIM as it rarely got use inside the iPad anyway.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Feedback Score
    I wonder what's going to happen when they've shut down those openly using the plan in other devices but it doesn't make much of a dent in the traffic because many of the "tablets" are not tablets.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tetranz View Post
    I wonder what's going to happen when they've shut down those openly using the plan in other devices but it doesn't make much of a dent in the traffic because many of the "tablets" are not tablets.
    Well through packet sniffing it will not be hard for them to know that, i'm sure those will be removed eventually as well.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    It was only a matter of time. my iPad SIM also got shut down (I'd occasionally put it into a Nighthawk when my 10GB of hotspot in my plan ran out)

The 100GB/$55 plan is not terrible (at least for my use) so I just went that route and left the iPad without a data SIM as it rarely got use inside the iPad anyway.
    The $20 Postpaid or $35 Prepaid line got shut down?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleartx View Post

I have four of the $35 iPad plans with the SIMs put into a Netgear LB1120 that all went dead yesterday. The account is still active and showing I'm on autopay but the modem does not show any signal bars and won't connect to the internet.

I assume this means these lines are worthless to us now?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcshobby View Post
    I have four of the $35 iPad plans with the SIMs put into a Netgear LB1120 that all went dead yesterday. The account is still active and showing I'm on autopay but the modem does not show any signal bars and won't connect to the internet.

I assume this means these lines are worthless to us now?

Yeah you're probably done for. To verify you can either call ATT - they'll transfer you to the fraud dept.. Then you can either plead ignorance (not likely with 4 lines being abused) or beg forgiveness. Then you can put the sims back in ipads, or do imei trickery. The other way to find out is buy a ATT sim card and try to replace a current sim card via your account (if you can even access your account.) If it doesn't work they've put you in a time out. If you do nothing in 1 to 2 weeks you'll get an email saying your account has been shut down per your request. LOL. They really say that. I know because this happened to my BIL a couple of months back. I had helped him get a line going.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleartx View Post
    This was the $35 iPad plan.. I'm not pulling that on a line they have my SSN to back charge things haha

Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast