Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 594

Thread: AT&T unlimited iPad plan

  1. #571
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    This was posted on the AT&T Reddit this morning.



    iPad/Tablet session based unlimited. A bit of new info.


    Discussion
    Fraud is investigating practically every nook and cranny. Any account violating the terms gets ONE chance to put the SIM back into a tablet and continue grandfathered. 25GB is the magic number. If you're on a hotspot device still and you use more than 25GB and they see at ANY TIME a hotspot device in use. Suspended with no questions asked. You'll be required to agree to put the SIM back into an authorized device.
    Okay, so beyond this plan, what is the next most suitable option for LTE internet through a mobile hotspot? We're seeing fairly good speeds even through de-prioritized data after 22gb.

  2. #572
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    197
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chosos View Post
    Okay, so beyond this plan, what is the next most suitable option for LTE internet through a mobile hotspot? We're seeing fairly good speeds even through de-prioritized data after 22gb.
    Is sprint an option for you? Itís amazing here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    403
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    Is sprint an option for you? Itís amazing here
    Yay! We found the guy, y'all! We knew it had to be like that for somebody, we just weren't sure exactly who!

    (I'd looked at them as an option, and have an old Sprint HS on Ting on the $6/mo "all data is cost" option, as I rarely use it and service is abysmal at my house (but then again, pretty much everything is, thanks NIMBYs ). But looked up my address on the Sprint coverage map and the yellow was so bright it was blinding, but like I'd said ... slow AF in reality and barely any signal.)
    Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817T on AT&T
    Galaxy S7 on StraightTalk (AT&T)

  4. #574
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    197
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kencrudup View Post
    Yay! We found the guy, y'all! We knew it had to be like that for somebody, we just weren't sure exactly who!

    (I'd looked at them as an option, and have an old Sprint HS on Ting on the $6/mo "all data is cost" option, as I rarely use it and service is abysmal at my house (but then again, pretty much everything is, thanks NIMBYs ). But looked up my address on the Sprint coverage map and the yellow was so bright it was blinding, but like I'd said ... slow AF in reality and barely any signal.)
    Check here for options and updates


    https://www.rvmobileinternet.com


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    Is sprint an option for you? Itís amazing here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am in Michigan off a major highway, so our Sprint Signal is actually pretty solid. Currently using Tello (Sprint) for our Phone carrier, and while the signal is not as strong as AT&T, it would still be better than Hughesnet. Comcast is almost local, but they want 22k to run the line...

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    197
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chosos View Post
    I am in Michigan off a major highway, so our Sprint Signal is actually pretty solid. Currently using Tello (Sprint) for our Phone carrier, and while the signal is not as strong as AT&T, it would still be better than Hughesnet. Comcast is almost local, but they want 22k to run the line...
    Here I readily get almost 200 mbps so Iíve ordered three more hotspots that are different to see if they are as good. One is the HTC hub so that one is way better than the one I already have. I have att and Verizon hotspots to compare and Iím about to get a T-Mobile hotspot service on a device but it lacks band 71. I read a few posts up about one coming out in April. Not sure if it supports 5g. If it does Iíll be getting that one as well. I just wish att would release their 5g Netgear hotspot


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #577
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    18
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    Here I readily get almost 200 mbps so Iíve ordered three more hotspots that are different to see if they are as good. One is the HTC hub so that one is way better than the one I already have. I have att and Verizon hotspots to compare and Iím about to get a T-Mobile hotspot service on a device but it lacks band 71. I read a few posts up about one coming out in April. Not sure if it supports 5g. If it does Iíll be getting that one as well. I just wish att would release their 5g Netgear hotspot


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, I don't get anywhere near that. We're off a major highway, but with AT&T I am seeing ~18Mbps with a Netgear Nighthawk and an external antenna running up to the roof. Without it, we saw about 2Mbps

    With Sprint on my cellphone we're seeing ~7Mbps

    Have not tried T-Mobile or Verizon. We're using about 100-150gigs a month through AT&T. We were considering just moving it to a normal stand alone hotspot plan, if this does get eliminated, so we could reuse the Nighthawk. We also have a velocity that we keep in the car that does not see very much consumption.

  8. #578
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    197
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T unlimited iPad plan

    Quote Originally Posted by chosos View Post
    Oh, I don't get anywhere near that. We're off a major highway, but with AT&T I am seeing ~18Mbps with a Netgear Nighthawk and an external antenna running up to the roof. Without it, we saw about 2Mbps

    With Sprint on my cellphone we're seeing ~7Mbps

    Have not tried T-Mobile or Verizon. We're using about 100-150gigs a month through AT&T. We were considering just moving it to a normal stand alone hotspot plan, if this does get eliminated, so we could reuse the Nighthawk. We also have a velocity that we keep in the car that does not see very much consumption.
    AT&T still has standalone hotspot plans? I have three mobleys and two nighthawks. One is unlocked that I plan to test on T-Mobile even though it lacks band 71. Donít know if or when T-Mobile will release a 5g hotspot. Maybe by the end of the year like AT&T might do. Verizon and sprint already have one each. My htc hub will be here soon so Iíll test that out even though I donít have 5g anywhere near me with sprint.


    I also do have the sprint coolpad surf on a cheap plan but itís just okay. Maybe getting 16mbps dL and two different one on its way to test out on a cheap service.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    336
    Feedback Score
    0
    If anyone is interested in purchasing my prepaid unlimited iPad plan for $60, please PM me.

    And for the mods, if this is in the wrong area, please move. I cannot seem to find the correct area for buy/sell plans, so my apologies in advance.

  10. #580
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    723
    Feedback Score
    0
    i have been using this plan for a few years in different devices. for the last year its been in a dual sim oneplus 5T and i use it extensively for tethering. varies quite a bit month to month but gets up to the 50 gb - 100 gb range some months.

    i have not received any sort of email or message from at&t, maybe i'm lucky, maybe its coming soon. although i have heavy usage some months i also sometimes go months in a row barely using it at all. perhaps they look at average usage over several months.

    if it comes down to it i could put it in an iPad i have and tether from that when needed

  11. #581
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    I am on the old unlimited plan and use a hotspot at less than 20GB/month.

    Tomorrow my plan auto-renews (hopefully). Wondering if I should proactively select the 25GB plan before it expires tomorrow, or just wait and see what happens. Maybe it will auto-move me to the 7GB/month plan. Hope not ...

    Anyone recently renewed while using a hotspot?

    Current options that appear on my account:


    Current Plan Status

    You have unlimited data left for 1 day


    Auto Renew Plans

    1GB for 30 days - LTE for $19.99 monthly recurring

    25GB of data for 30 days for $34.99 monthly recurring

    7GB with Mobile Hotspot for 30 days - LTE for $55.00 monthly recurring

  12. #582
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,554
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmec View Post
    I am on the old unlimited plan and use a hotspot at less than 20GB/month.

    Tomorrow my plan auto-renews (hopefully). Wondering if I should proactively select the 25GB plan before it expires tomorrow, or just wait and see what happens. Maybe it will auto-move me to the 7GB/month plan. Hope not ...

    Anyone recently renewed while using a hotspot?

    Current options that appear on my account:
    I think you can safely assume it won't automatically move you to the more expensive plan. That would be too much of a change. I would think most likely remain on the current plan since you use less than 20GB. I haven't used hotspot in months, and much less data, but mine was just renewed today.

    I personally would see no difference if I had had to change to the 25GB plan. But if forced, I may have just gone with another company's 5GB plan for $25 and taken care to limit usage. But inertia kept me from doing anything now.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

  13. #583
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    23
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks. I didn't make any changes to my account and it renewed with 'unlimited' as in past months.

  14. #584
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    168
    Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    My postpaid $20 unlimited plan continues to work perfectly. Iím glad I went with this option instead of the prepaid option when I signed up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #585
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,554
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrp Alert View Post
    My postpaid $20 unlimited plan continues to work perfectly. Iím glad I went with this option instead of the prepaid option when I signed up.
    What kind of features do you get with this plan? Speed? Hotspot? A few years ago when I was on ATT postpaid and had the $20 addon it kept on dropping to the slow speed (1.5 or 3?) every month even though it was supposed to be the same speed as my phone line. Hours on the phone every month wasn't worth it when it would reset on the plan renewal.

    I just mainly wanted the ability, in case of emergency, of enabling the hotspot in case my home internet went out, or potentially in a hotel when the hotel wi-fi was terrible.

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTS AT&T Unlimited International & Domestic Plan
    By pfwarrior in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-19-2015, 09:39 AM
  2. AT&T Unlimited iPad Plan vs VZW UDP
    By macher52 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-16-2015, 05:41 PM
  3. Wts AT&T unlimited data plan
    By PHANTOM310 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 08:27 PM
  4. AT&T unlimited international data plan
    By PHANTOM310 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 09:45 PM

Bookmarks