Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: New Prepaid Plans starting June 6 $40/3GB, $50/7GB, $60/10GB

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless / Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Just switched to the 7 GB plan on My Verizon on my phone. It took effect immediately, and the renewal date didn't change.

It was much less painful than the previous plan change, where I had to call support three or four times and beg!

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Oh, and the extra 2 GB was applied immediately.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
    Oh, and the extra 2 GB was applied immediately.
    The extra 2 GB? You mean it's 9 instead of 7 or still 7?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    The extra 2 GB? You mean it's 9 instead of 7 or still 7?
    I don't have the Walmart 7 GB plan, but others have posted that it does indeed go from 7 to 9.

Mine (regular VZW plan) went from 5 to 7 with the switch.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdimm222 View Post
    480 p is not that big of a deal... Cant get everything. 45.00 a month is fine with me... My downloads speeds are 5 to 30 mbps here in michigan around my area. I have a choice to have it on 480p or not. I leave it on 480p when im using the data. But I watch videos only when I'm on wifi...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
    Hello fellow Michigander! Lol.

As long as the video limitation doesn’t make anything buffer, I’m okay with it. Plus it’ll help save on data usage if I ever use a crazy amount for that certain month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    I only have a Galaxy Express Prime but I have never had it buffer watching video in 480p anywhere even though I use Wi-Fi most of the time for video I try not to use video or watch YouTube or anything like that on data cuz I only get 6 gigs but I only use about three of month and that's just playing Madden football on Android and looking at the internet I don't watch videos or listen to music on it on the data so 480 piece not a big deal to me cuz soon as I get home and put it on Wi-Fi or whatever I can update if I want so but it's there just in case you know most people have Wi-Fi I don't know why they complain it's 480p because once you're in Wi-Fi you can just turn it on if you have to sit there and watch YouTube for 14 hours then yeah least you're saving your data and not use it all up but people don't think like that

Feedback Score
    In the microphone on this phone sucks because I can't even say what I really want to say so just short 480p is not that big of a deal I've never had a buffer on it watching video on data but as soon as I get home I have Wi-Fi I just up up at I take it off for ATP so it's really not that big of deal I don't know why people complain you're saving your data because if you had it in HD and you didn't have unlimited and you were watching YouTube in HD it would suck up your gigabytes very fast so actually to me it's a good thing I don't need Spider-Man or Superman or Batman popping through my cell phone screen just cuz I want it in HD I can do that at home on my television

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Feedback Score
    Add me to the people who now have 9 GB thanks to the 2 GB bonus. I logged into my account on the sixth when the new plants started and change to the new plan. My cycle just started over today and and the bonus is definitely still there.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baayers View Post
    Add me to the people who now have 9 GB thanks to the 2 GB bonus. I logged into my account on the sixth when the new plants started and change to the new plan. My cycle just started over today and and the bonus is definitely still there.
    Pretty sweet deal

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baayers View Post
    So I wonder if one can downgrade their plan to the $40 3 GB plan and still retain that bonus data. If that is at all possible, I would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    These plans aren't bad at all. With more than one line and data my T-Mobile line had less than 2gb so I basically paid $60 for 2gb. Compare that to $40 for 3gb or even vz postpaid $55 for 5gb, I definitely overpaid for data

Let's say 55+ tax for the T-Mobile and 55+ tax for Verizon postpaid. The difference comes in with Verizon allowing a work discount so prob $5 cheaper for 5gb vs 2gb.

Not bad Verizon

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    I've been told the new plans exclude mobile hotspot, unlike the old ones.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    If they don't have hotspot that's one factor that wouldn't cut it for me. I'm finding hotspot to be pretty valuable for me

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    So I wonder if one can downgrade their plan to the $40 3 GB plan and still retain that bonus data. If that is at all possible, I would do it.

Feel like being the test case?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I asked Verizon on Twitter about hotspot and they said the new plans don't have it. They did mention you could buy more data

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast