Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 35 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1487

Thread: Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Feedback Score
    Cant we make this simple and just say call customer service and ask to swap to a different device?

Not sure why the long replies....

Feedback Score
    Interesting and thank you guys. Have tried two S6's both from the same guy locally, both Sprint models (g920p), both only on Sprint (not MVNO) and both DSU unlocked. Phone #1 is 128gb, but has some screen burn-in, #2 is 32gb but has a bad charge port so it has to use wireless charging. Both work fine on T-Mobile so they ARE unlocked. Both have the Sprint SIM cards. Both come up fine with Ting. Phone #1 says not eligible on the Sprint site, but #2 says congratulations you can save money. Looks like I could just add #1 but not #2, but in all reality, I'm not sure I need a second "free" line so probably just replace the flaky iPhone with either one of them.

I think I'm good to go.

Thanks again guys!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Not sure why you would want to trivialize the matter or denigrade others comments.

I covered various error situations that are quite likely to arise and the pros and cons of doing it different ways. They are very real.

Not everybody has a device they want to swap out and it is not necessary to always do it that way. In general, it is a more restrictive approach than adding another line (which I prefer in general anyway) because it requires having a line already active to port out. Typically many people reading have similar issues and not all are in the exact circumstances of the poster.
    Not trying to denigrade at all. I saw him asking about a simple swap. Using the other tool to check for new lines wasnt really needed. Alls good.

Feedback Score
    Thank you all again, I decided to just swap devices for now. I was not able to do it online from my account, but CS got it done easily.

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    I have a iphone 6 plus already in sprint free one year. If I port out the line and port back under my wife's ssn, could I use the same phone? Do I have to wait 45 days to release imei thing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ericliujian View Post
    I have a iphone 6 plus already in sprint free one year. If I port out the line and port back under my wife's ssn, could I use the same phone? Do I have to wait 45 days to release imei thing?
    You can port it out one day and back in the next on the other account on the different ssn. People have done that.

The 45 days is the time period required for reopening a new free account under the same ssn as a previously closed account. It has no reference to devices.

It does not apply to your proposal, which will work fine with no delay required.
    Last edited by comintel; 01-03-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So for this free BYOD Unlimited Plan, does Sprint’s International 2G Roaming get included as well? Or is that like Hulu were it is only included on other rate plans? I am planning to do some outside US traveling and will still have a FreedomPop Global SIM with me, but I’m cool with using 2G + WiFi on this trip so I don’t have to SIM swap. If it matters, my Sprint services has an option to Block International Roaming, but then it also has to option to add Hulu, so who knows for sure.

Feedback Score
    2G Roaming Yes.
    4G roaming no

Are international services included?
    Yes, our 1 Year Free Unlimited plan includes Sprint Global Roaming, which includes data up to 2G speeds and text messaging in any of our 165+ Global Roaming countries at no charge, plus calling for just $0.20 a minute.

It does not include calling from the U.S. to international locations, but you can easily add international calling to your plan.
    Also they note:
    May not be combinable with other offers, including but not limited to .... Premium International Experience,
    Because they use a common web interface, it superficially appears you can select Premium International Experience (which adds free international calling to Canada and 4G) but that will not take effect on this plan.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    2G Roaming Yes.
    4G roaming no

Because they use a common web interface, it superficially appears you can select Premium International Experience (which adds free international calling to Canada and 4G) but that will not take effect on this plan.
    Thanks! That will work great. Last year before Sprint I put in my VZW SIM in an old phone and forwarded calls and texts to the one I took with me. Now I won’t have to do that. If I end up wanting “high speed”, I’ll pop in my FreedomPop SIM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneFW View Post
    So for this free BYOD Unlimited Plan, does Sprint’s International 2G Roaming get included as well? Or is that like Hulu were it is only included on other rate plans? I am planning to do some outside US traveling and will still have a FreedomPop Global SIM with me, but I’m cool with using 2G + WiFi on this trip so I don’t have to SIM swap. If it matters, my Sprint services has an option to Block International Roaming, but then it also has to option to add Hulu, so who knows for sure.
    I don't know about other countries, but I was in Vietnam recently and was able to use International Data Roaming to make a Hangout/Google Voice call when I first landed at Tan Son Nhut airport. The airport also has free WiFi but I lost the WiFi connection and thought I was out of range (what happened was I was automatically disconnected from the free WiFi after an hour and did not realize I have to login again). I am on the free 1 year BYOD plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Hey guys: Looks like Sprint has revived this promotion a bit....... Not sure what is different from the other promo that was supposed to end this month?

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=20041

Sprint will once again, and for a limited time, give a year of free unlimited service to people who switch from other postpaid carriers to Sprint.

In order to quality for the free service, potential switchers need to have compatible, unlocked handsets, and they'll need to purchase and activate Sprint SIM cards before porting their number to Sprint.

Sprint says the SIM cards cost $3 each, with $10 shipping and handling. The actual SIM activation will be free.

People who take advantage of the deal will not be able to upgrade to new devices for at least four months, and Sprint warns that some phone features and network experiences will vary depending on the handsets in question.

The promotion will provide one year of free talk, text, and data with 10 GB of mobile hotspot per line. People who exceed the 10 GB mobile hotspot allotment will be throttled.

Video can be streamed at up to full HD, music can be streamed at up to 1.5Mbps, and games can be streamed at up to 8Mbps. Sprint says it will throttle people during instances of network congestion, particularly those who exceed 23 GB per month.

People who earn free service will still be on the hook for taxes and other monthly fees.

Sprint will allow a total of five free lines per account.

Tablets are not supported, nor are other connected devices.

The promotion is available through January 31. The free service will expire January 31, 2019, after which Sprint will charge its normal rates for multi-line unlimited accounts.

Auto-pay is required.
    Last edited by @TheRealDanny; 01-18-2018 at 02:10 AM.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Galaxy nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can I use any nexus 5 version for this? Or does it need to be Verizon and sprint only?
    Has any1 tried using an sprint galaxy note 4?
    Proud to be Latin/Chinese xD

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Hey guys: Looks like Sprint has revived this promotion a bit....... Not sure what is different from the other promo that was supposed to end this month?
    Looks the same to me. The expiration date is also the same as the terms indicated last month (expires jan 31st 2019).

Feedback Score
    There is nothing different or changed about it.

It has been running continuously.

One possibility is that Sprint nudged the author about it because it may be ending.

The article says it is closing to new takers on Jan. 31. That has never been said by Sprint. (The free period end date of currently Jan 31 2019 is a separate date that has been in effect for 2 months).

So it is a possible hint that the offer may end in 2 weeks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshiki2 View Post
    Can I use any nexus 5 version for this? Or does it need to be Verizon and sprint only?
    Has any1 tried using an sprint galaxy note 4?
    Any Sprint postpaid phone including Note 4 can work but, if it was on an mvno, not until you get Ting or LiterallyUnlmited to push it back to Sprint postpaid on the database.

Nexus 5 says "Verizon Only" on the list and I am sure they have reasons for it (Sprint version would work too - they are not listed explicitly).

Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 35 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast