Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31 81 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 1965

Thread: Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    OK, I would just get the phone through Apple or somewhere. If I lease through Sprint I suppose I would be at about $55 per month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My answer was limited to not tying the financing to Sprint, as I am not sure if you can do that with Kickstart. If you want Sprint financing (or Apple financing that relies on underlying Sprint partisipation), I do not know. Others should know better. If there are problems, you could likely finance it with a third party.

Best Buy can probably tell you since they have offered kickstart at times (although I do not see them listing it right now).
    Last edited by comintel; 04-15-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Feedback Score
    On the website, Kickstart plans states "Your Phone. Our Plan." You could always buy an unlocked phone and be able to just move service where and when you like. Just a thought.

Feedback Score
    Also KickStart comes and goes every few weeks. I think it ends again this Thursday. There is no guarantee it will be back when you want it or ever for that matter.

It is available in Sprint stores now so you can ask them about it if you want.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Also KickStart comes and goes every few weeks. I think it ends again this Thursday. There is no guarantee it will be back when you want it or ever for that matter.

It is available in Sprint stores now so you can ask them about it if you want.
    Even I am frustrated by it. I only use one of my four $15 Kickstart lines... but I keep asking myself "oh shoot, it's ending soon again... will I need/benefit from one... and what if the merger happens?"

It eats up way too much brain space.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeary View Post
    On the website, Kickstart plans states "Your Phone. Our Plan." You could always buy an unlocked phone and be able to just move service where and when you like. Just a thought.
    Yes bringing your own phone appears to be the only way to take advantage of kickstart.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Yes bringing your own phone appears to be the only way to take advantage of kickstart.

If you go to a Best Buy or Sprint Retail store you can purchase a phone at full retail price. You may be able to do it online, but I'd say it's easier to do it in store.

Now after that, you have to do all device swaps or account support by phone/chat or online. The only thing you can do in-store is things that don't require logging in to an account. (Such as adding a non-Sprint device to the ESN server, or picking up an online order).

Feedback Score
    It appears KickStart is de-prioritized under network congestion even at low data use levels and is theretofore arguably best avoided as a Free plan replacement if you may be in an area that is subject to network congestion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comm...ne2/?context=3

Feedback Score
    So I was just checking out MVNO Free Up Mobile & they give you totally free service, 1000 min/text but no Data, it works on the At&t network.

Kinda seems better than FreedomPop as you don't have to deal with there crappy VOIP call/text app & can use the native phone dialer. Plus you can avoid the being scammer by FP.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Feedback Score

Yes but you can lease it from an unrelated third party and then bring it.

I think BestBuy and others may offer their own leasing as an alternative to carrier-based leasing.

You would need to specify that they must NOT cover it internally with a backing lease that requires it be used only on a qualified carrier plan (since KickStart will not qualify).

Feedback Score
    It appears KickStart is de-prioritized under network congestion even at low data use levels and is theretofore arguably best avoided as a Free plan replacement if you may be in an area that is subject to network congestion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comm...ne2/?context=3
    So we like to leave our Google Photo Backup on. I am guessing virtually nothing will upload with Kickstart. I tried with the free plan and it seemed greatly restricted.

Feedback Score
    Yes but you can lease it from an unrelated third party and then bring it.

I think BestBuy and others may offer their own leasing as an alternative to carrier-based leasing.

You would need to specify that they must NOT cover it internally with a backing lease that requires it be used only on a qualified carrier plan (since KickStart will not qualify).
    Seems like it would be a winner deal for Sprint to do unlimited with an iPhone XR included for $40 and I thought that’s what I saw in the website, but I wasn’t able to figure it out.

It seems like if I want to lease phones my bill will come close to AT&T. Maybe I could shave $100 off, but the lack of coverage could cost me that much in frustration. 5 iPhones with plans for about $195 would be perfect.

Feedback Score
    So we like to leave our Google Photo Backup on. I am guessing virtually nothing will upload with Kickstart. I tried with the free plan and it seemed greatly restricted.

I think that could indeed be the case if the slow speeds you are seeing are due to overload in your area or on your tower.
    If the cause is a weak signal, on the other hand, then de-prioritization would not affect that.

If you are in a weak signal area, a phone with HPUE may do better.

Also band 26 has more symmetrical upload and download speeds than does band 41. You can disable bands selectively on quite a few Android phones to tailor the choice of band to what you want. Not, however, on iPhones.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I am trying to stay with Sprint but man Coverage in SW Portland reeks. I'm on the Free plan and tried to get a lyft from the local community college and lyft kept saying not connected even though LTE was on and I even turned it back of and on again and it still would not load, 3G worked but just barley. I am seriously looking into other options now. They have Band 26 for coverage since 41 would Defiantly not do well in this area.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Extreme Pro Internet with up to 400 Megs Per Second Download speed and Xfinity TV with 160+ Channels on a Xfinity Double Play.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Sprint Free One Year Promo as Secondary.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    I am trying to stay with Sprint but man Coverage in SW Portland reeks. I'm on the Free plan and tried to get a lyft from the local community college and lyft kept saying not connected even though LTE was on and I even turned it back of and on again and it still would not load, 3G worked but just barley. I am seriously looking into other options now. They have Band 26 for coverage since 41 would Defiantly not do well in this area.

Some newer phones should automatically switch to roam on TMobile whenever necessary to preserve LTE. These include S8, S10, iPhone 8 and higher, and some Motos.

Roaming should always be left enabled because it is never charged for. There is now unlimited unmetered free roaming on TMobile on suitable phones.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Some newer phones should automatically switch to roam on TMobile whenever necessary to preserve LTE. These include S8, S10, iPhone 8 and higher, and some Motos.

Roaming should always be left enabled because it is never charged for. There is now unlimited unmetered free roaming on TMobile on suitable phones.
    Currently I am using a Moto X4 from Google Fi and it held onto Sprint LTE with 2 bars but not usable unfortunately, with my previous Moto G6 Play it actually showed roaming but it was Verizon with no T-mobile in sight.

Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31 81 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131