Page 58 of 134 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 108 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 1998

Thread: Free Sprint Service for 1 year

  1. #856
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,687
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    You'd think so, I mean most people that switched and paid $5 or so in taxes for a year will very likely jump ship when they start getting billed $60/mo.
    I left after 2 weeks. Service wasn't good enough to stay 1-year. I think last the guesstimate they only got like 13K customers so far from this deal.

  2. #857
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,030
    Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    It appears that I'm now eligible for an upgrade -- which I didn't think I would be until October. The website appears to think I'm eligible, where previously it said I wouldn't be eligible until next July, and I'm starting to receive mail about upgrading my phone. Again, I think this is how Sprint is going to try and retain us "free" customers, by giving us a deal on a new phone and on a payment plan.

  3. #858
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    414
    Feedback Score
    0
    I also got the offer about the upgrade. It's probably not legit. Like my cable company sending me offers that I can't take advantage of. Let us know if you can actually get a device. I got my hands on the essential phone today and it was nice. Not $700 nice though. The other thing about cooking the books too is assuming people stick around. A cheap SE or 5s and porting from Sprint to any carrier offering a great deal on new iPhone or Note and those 13,000 may dwindle. If it's only 13,000 I'd say this promo is a failureven anyways.

  4. #859
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,030
    Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post
    I also got the offer about the upgrade. It's probably not legit. Like my cable company sending me offers that I can't take advantage of. Let us know if you can actually get a device. I got my hands on the essential phone today and it was nice. Not $700 nice though. The other thing about cooking the books too is assuming people stick around. A cheap SE or 5s and porting from Sprint to any carrier offering a great deal on new iPhone or Note and those 13,000 may dwindle. If it's only 13,000 I'd say this promo is a failureven anyways.
    I think in this case, for me at least, it is legit. Again, online it used to tell me I needed to wait until next July to upgrade, now the system is saying I am eligible now. I'm not going to do it, particularly because I don't plan on staying with Sprint once the promotion ends.

  5. #860
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    414
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm not planning on staying either but if they get a phone that unlocked supports all carriers I may do it. Maybe Pixel 2 or if there ends up being one iPhone model for the 8.

  6. #861
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    242
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post
    I also got the offer about the upgrade. It's probably not legit. Like my cable company sending me offers that I can't take advantage of. Let us know if you can actually get a device. I got my hands on the essential phone today and it was nice. Not $700 nice though. The other thing about cooking the books too is assuming people stick around. A cheap SE or 5s and porting from Sprint to any carrier offering a great deal on new iPhone or Note and those 13,000 may dwindle. If it's only 13,000 I'd say this promo is a failureven anyways.

    Making it an online-only promo where you can't really do anything on the account in a Sprint corporate store without losing the free plan is going to strike fear in a lot of people and keep them away. There's a psychological element here that Sprint totally missed the mark on. If people are paying nothing, they know they're not entitled to jack. If they're paying anything, even just a small amount, they expect decent service and aren't afraid to demand it.

    This move was so desperate on Sprint's part that people who are already conditioned to be skeptical and jaded about things aren't going to trust. They would have attracted more customers by offering unlimited everything (including hotspot) for $20/month per line with an unlimited number of lines per account and making it available in Sprint stores. And not that they really care, but their cash flow probably would have increased substantially that way.

    This promo is going to fail because too many people are going to think it's too good to be true. I told someone yesterday, "It's free." She was like, "WHATTTTTT????" So I sent her a link to the Sprint promo webpage, and after reading some fine print, her reaction was, "Oh, it's only free for a year. Then after a year what are you supposed to do?" My answer of course, was, "Who gives a crap, just get the best deal you can at that time, whatever it is. A year in this industry is an eternity." She's sticking with Verizon even though she has a fully compatible unlocked iPhone 6s and it would cost her nothing to switch. Her current bill is around $75/month she told me. She's not even concerned that Sprint service is inferior. She'd just rather pay so if something goes wrong, she'll feel entitled to walk into a Verizon store and bítch and complain and make a scene until she gets someone to fix her problem.

  7. #862
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,648
    Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    Making it an online-only promo where you can't really do anything on the account in a Sprint corporate store without losing the free plan is going to strike fear in a lot of people and keep them away. There's a psychological element here that Sprint totally missed the mark on. If people are paying nothing, they know they're not entitled to jack. If they're paying anything, even just a small amount, they expect decent service and aren't afraid to demand it.

    This move was so desperate on Sprint's part that people who are already conditioned to be skeptical and jaded about things aren't going to trust. They would have attracted more customers by offering unlimited everything (including hotspot) for $20/month per line with an unlimited number of lines per account and making it available in Sprint stores. And not that they really care, but their cash flow probably would have increased substantially that way.

    This promo is going to fail because too many people are going to think it's too good to be true. I told someone yesterday, "It's free." She was like, "WHATTTTTT????" So I sent her a link to the Sprint promo webpage, and after reading some fine print, her reaction was, "Oh, it's only free for a year. Then after a year what are you supposed to do?" My answer of course, was, "Who gives a crap, just get the best deal you can at that time, whatever it is. A year in this industry is an eternity." She's sticking with Verizon even though she has a fully compatible unlocked iPhone 6s and it would cost her nothing to switch. Her current bill is around $75/month she told me. She's not even concerned that Sprint service is inferior. She'd just rather pay so if something goes wrong, she'll feel entitled to walk into a Verizon store and bítch and complain and make a scene until she gets someone to fix her problem.
    Well to be fair I wouldn't have switched if it was $20/line, I only did because it was free. But even though it's free, you still pay a few bucks in taxes. I chatted with them about a billing issue and had Executive Care get back to me with a fix and credit, and I even emailed about poor coverage at work and they sent me a Magic Box. So they do still work with you even if you don't pay anything.

  8. #863
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    737
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just tried to activate on this plan and ran into a 404 error after pressing continue once the IMEI and number showed as eligible. On Chrome the page says, "Hmm. We can't find the page you're looking for. Try sprint.com/search or call us."
    Even tried IE which says, "Looking for our best deals? Check these out."

    I was told of another similar offer here: Sprint.com/byodswitch
    The service isn't free but if you know someone with the 3-5 lines free then this could work for them.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

  9. #864
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,013
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    I just tried to activate on this plan and ran into a 404 error after pressing continue once the IMEI and number showed as eligible. On Chrome the page says, "Hmm. We can't find the page you're looking for. Try sprint.com/search or call us."
    Even tried IE which says, "Looking for our best deals? Check these out."

    I was told of another similar offer here: Sprint.com/byodswitch
    The service isn't free but if you know someone with the 3-5 lines free then this could work for them.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    It's maybe better to do it over the phone anyway because that way you can get the sim locally which is faster and cheaper. Or order it from Twigby for $2.99. 866-782-8777 to do it over the phone.

  10. #865
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    211
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anyone received a $100 prepaid visa card for each free line?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

  11. #866
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    414
    Feedback Score
    0
    Haha....$100 prepaid for each free line! Do tell. I logged into my account to turn off the Tidal service so I don't forget in the next month or two. I clicked on my upgrade options to see what I get and it shows:

    Upgrade available (6/1/19)

    So much for 120 days. I don't even think Sprint knows what it's doing...

  12. #867
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    211
    Feedback Score
    0
    I did receive them and I do not have any additional service with them. Just the basic UTT and data they offered for free (taxes) on byod.

    Edit: $100 prepaid visa card.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

  13. #868
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,130
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    I just tried to activate on this plan and ran into a 404 error after pressing continue once the IMEI and number showed as eligible. On Chrome the page says, "Hmm. We can't find the page you're looking for. Try sprint.com/search or call us."
    Even tried IE which says, "Looking for our best deals? Check these out."
    I got this 404 page but it was after I entered my payment information. So I checked my email and I got confirmation of my order that way. But clearly their site is very buggy.

    I originally tried to order using the Firefox browser and on the credit check page nothing showed up to type into. So I updated Flash thinking it might be that, but still nothing showed up but a Sprint logo in the background. So I switched to Chrome and I got the fields to enter.

    But their website testers are clearly not very competent.

  14. #869
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,013
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post
    Haha....$100 prepaid for each free line! Do tell. I logged into my account to turn off the Tidal service so I don't forget in the next month or two. I clicked on my upgrade options to see what I get and it shows:

    Upgrade available (6/1/19)

    So much for 120 days. I don't even think Sprint knows what it's doing...
    Yes it says that on the site but if you call in they are saying those dates are wrong and it will actually be Oct. 1 or Dec. 1 depending on when you signed up.

  15. #870
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,030
    Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lip008 View Post
    Haha....$100 prepaid for each free line! Do tell. I logged into my account to turn off the Tidal service so I don't forget in the next month or two. I clicked on my upgrade options to see what I get and it shows:

    Upgrade available (6/1/19)

    So much for 120 days. I don't even think Sprint knows what it's doing...
    As I mentioned, I showed something similar on my account -- right up to the point that I had an upgrade available. I think they intentionally put it out the 2 years, and that will be the upgrade date if you have a missed payment or other issue. Then, if you are a good customer they switch upgrades on after the 120 days, or after your third payment.

Page 58 of 134 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 108 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best Free IPTV services for phone?
    By mase in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 04:53 PM
  2. Free star service for GM Roadside Assistance
    By mbourd25 in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 12:52 AM
  3. What are the free star services for TELUS?
    By Nokia 6188 in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2002, 09:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks