Page 126 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 76 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 1998

Thread: Free Sprint Service for 1 year

Feedback Score
    I got it sorted out fairly quickly. I used sprint chat and explained what happened, and how I didn't have the welcome emails or even knew my account number etc. The person was still able to find my account, and said it was a porting issue. It was a google voice number, so it didn't come as too much of a surprise. I was glad I didn't have to do the entire process all over again (my biggest concern). Calling the porting dept, finished the porting in like 5 minutes and then got all the welcome/account emails etc.

Feedback Score
    Wonder if T mobile prepaid is wising up with free porting. Today I called t mobile to port a number for my sister and they insisted I have a credit card with a plan before they go forward. She said it is their policy. Anyway, since I did not want to take any chances with pin and other issues like I had last time for my friend’s line, I hung up figuring I will either try again or just buy a SIM card for t mobile (instead of just the number).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bommai View Post
    Wonder if T mobile prepaid is wising up with free porting. Today I called t mobile to port a number for my sister and they insisted I have a credit card with a plan before they go forward. She said it is their policy. Anyway, since I did not want to take any chances with pin and other issues like I had last time for my friend’s line, I hung up figuring I will either try again or just buy a SIM card for t mobile (instead of just the number).

A lot of people (although still a minority) are finding it less stressful to use Number Barn now. It costs a little more and takes a day rather than being theoretically instant, but if something goes wrong with TMobile people are reporting multi-hour holds in some cases for TMO Prepaid support. There can be issues like the one you mention, plus two different types of account numbers, plus occasional errors with pins, no real porting status except "in progress" (which usually masks a hidden error that ordinary support reps cannot see), etc.
    Last edited by comintel; 10-18-2018 at 06:28 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    A lot of people (although still a minority) are finding it less stressful to use Number Barn now. It costs a little more and takes a day rather than being theoretically instant, but if something goes wrong with TMobile people are reporting multi-hour holds in some cases for TMO Prepaid support. There can be issues like the one you mention, plus two different types of account numbers, plus occasional errors with pins, no real porting status except "in progress" (which usually masks a hidden error that ordinary support reps cannot see), etc.
    Yes. This issue with my sisters port is still not resolved. Apparently they have an issue and might take another 72 hours. Yikes.

For my brother in laws account may be I will try number barn. Will number barn work for porting in as part of 1 year free plan? Number barn says the number will be considered a wireline number.

Feedback Score
    My sisters phone finally went dead yesterday morning indicating that T-Mobile port went through. Last night my brother in law called and created new account and ported her line but it is still not working. I think they might have a pin issue again. I hope not. I setup a 4 digit pin online when I created and ported the line in T-Mobile. Shouldn’t this be the pin for porting as well.

Also for future reference, does porting to number barn and back to sprint work for the 1 year free plan?

Feedback Score
    My sisters phone finally went dead yesterday morning indicating that T-Mobile port went through. Last night my brother in law called and created new account and ported her line but it is still not working. I think they might have a pin issue again. I hope not. I setup a 4 digit pin online when I created and ported the line in T-Mobile. Shouldn’t this be the pin for porting as well.

Also for future reference, does porting to number barn and back to sprint work for the 1 year free plan?

Yes piles of people are using Number Barn for that. That's what I mentioned it for.

As for the TMO port, they have both kinds of pins. Sometimes one applies and sometimes the other - maybe someone else has it all figured it out. I am not using them any more.

For the current port, call 866-437-1818 for port status.

Also check https://shop2.sprint.com/en/wlnp/check.shtml while logged in to your account. It lets you manage your own port - at least it did for me.

Feedback Score
    Finally the porting problems have been resolved. Just a pain. I guess if number barn is easier, I can do that for the next line. Can I add a line to sprint under the one year free plan online or do I have to call? I have the sim already. I am going to port out to number barn and then back.

Feedback Score
    Finally the porting problems have been resolved. Just a pain. I guess if number barn is easier, I can do that for the next line. Can I add a line to sprint under the one year free plan online or do I have to call? I have the sim already. I am going to port out to number barn and then back.
    You have to call the number ending in 8777 (and only that number) and port in a number from a non-Sprint carrier every time you add a line.

Feedback Score
    You have to call the number ending in 8777 (and only that number) and port in a number from a non-Sprint carrier every time you add a line.
    Thanks. Last question - number barn says 3 days to port. Is that correct? Also when sprint asks me who the career is to port from do I say number barn?

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Last question - number barn says 3 days to port. Is that correct? Also when sprint asks me who the career is to port from do I say number barn?

People are experiencing one day or less from and to Sprint. You can say NumberBarn or maybe ask them if they have another name you can use. I think they have another one.

For any port anywhere, you are always best to avoid doing it at night or on weekends. Business hours on a weekday other than Friday is best.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S20+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've tried to get my Google Pixel 2 activated on this plan and it said that I owed money to Sprint, which I found pretty impossible since I've never had Sprint a day in my life.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    2016 MacBook Pro| 2 GHz Intel Core i5 | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD
    iPad Mini 2 16GB Space Gray | iPhone 7 256GB Matte Black | Galaxy S7 32GB Black | AWS 1
    RIP Grandma 5/10/1930 - 9/24/2012

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yokolormebadd View Post
    I've tried to get my Google Pixel 2 activated on this plan and it said that I owed money to Sprint, which I found pretty impossible since I've never had Sprint a day in my life.

We're familiar with that issue and the solution. It comes up all the time.

The "you owe Sprint" message in that context means the Pixel was locked to Sprint mvno use by some Sprint mvno (Google Fi counts as a Sprint mvno) and has not yet been released from that status.

Just chat or call Fi support and ask them to release the IMEI spedifically for use on Sprint Postpaid. Once done, you can activate it there.

(Technically they need to flip the mvno flag from PLBL to SPCS).

It does not matter if you are not a current Fi customer, they can still do it since it was set up that way originally to facilitate potential usage on Fi.

Most Fi reps are familiar with this. If you get one that isn't, ask him to escalate it. Do not take no for an answer.
    Last edited by comintel; 10-23-2018 at 11:09 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I did hit a snag since the acct. # for PP is the IMEI of the phone. Almost got myself stuck since I went on a trip and didn't bring the phone with me although fortunately the IMEI showed as an autocomplete field on Chrome.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S20+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    We're familiar with that issue and the solution. It comes up all the time.

The "you owe Sprint" message in that context means the Pixel was locked to Sprint mvno use by some Sprint mvno (Google Fi counts as a Sprint mvno) and has not yet been released from that status.

Just chat or call Fi support and ask them to release the IMEI spedifically for use on Sprint Postpaid. Once done, you can activate it there.

(Technically they need to flip the mvno flag from PLBL to SPCS).

It does not matter if you are not a current Fi customer, they can still do it since it was set up that way originally to facilitate potential usage on Fi.

Most Fi reps are familiar with this. If you get one that isn't, ask him to escalate it. Do not take no for an answer.
    Ah! Thank you so much. Unfortunately since I couldnt get it to work before you answered; I just put my GP2 on my Google Fi network since it seemed the easiest. I'm gonna give Fi another chance as my second provider. I didn't know that Fi was "technically" part of the Sprint prepaid network.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    On the free plan expiring 7/31/2019 with mobile hotspot, the allowance for hotspot data just increased from 10GB per line per month to 50GB. At least, this is according to the Sprint dashboard and "My Account" tab when I log in on the website.

Page 126 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 76 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 LastLast