Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Total Wireless] Issues receiving calls/tests on Android N 7.0 (S7 Edge | Note 5)

Feedback Score
    I did the nougat update using Samsung Smart Switch for pc about 10 days ago--SM G 935v s7 edge on tracfone. I'm having the same issue that the OP described, phone says it's searching for service until I make a call, after a restart.

I have no custom ROMs or anything like that. I haven't contacted tracfone customer service, no point to that I'm sure. I'm just hoping that it clears up on its own, or some future update fixes it.

Sent from my SM-T713 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Sharp TM150
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoandGeo View Post
    Are you using the Verizon branded G930v or G935v depending on if you have the Flat or Edge version? If so what is your PRL/Build Number/Baseband and does dialing out to any number clear up the issues with sending texts? Lastly what firmware were you on before you were updated, and how did the update come through?

Thanks
    It is the Verizon version of the phone, but I have flashed the g930u firmware since being with total wireless (since all snapdragon versions of the phone use the same hardware, I wanted to rid of the preinstalled junk). It was an OTA patch released by Samsung.

Feedback Score
    Since the update was recent, it is the QD2 U firmware I presume? I'm on the latest QC9 firmware from Verizon but with a specialized version by a member of the XDA forums to remove all the Verizon/Amazon/KNOX/Random junkware apps, but still keeping the status of the ROM official to pass Googles overbearing enforcement called SafetyNet.

For future reference, the thing every single person should do to fight back against unnecessary preinstalled programs that are not as simple as choosing uninstall is to give the app a 1* review with the only comment being along the lines of 'Can't get rid of the app, I don't need it'. As consumers we shouldn't put up with force fed dogs*** being rammed down our throats slowing our devices down for no reason. /rant

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Since the update was recent, it is the QD2 U firmware I presume? I'm on the latest QC9 firmware from Verizon but with a specialized version by a member of the XDA forums to remove all the Verizon/Amazon/KNOX/Random junkware apps, but still keeping the status of the ROM official to pass Googles overbearing enforcement called SafetyNet.

For future reference, the thing every single person should do to fight back against unnecessary preinstalled programs that are not as simple as choosing uninstall is to give the app a 1* review with the only comment being along the lines of 'Can't get rid of the app, I don't need it'. As consumers we shouldn't put up with force fed dogs*** being rammed down our throats slowing our devices down for no reason. /rant
    Admittedly I have not followed it lately, but in the not so distant past most rooting tools and certainly flashing any custom ROM will trip Knox (SaftyNet?) voiding your warranty and no OS/security updates. I guess secondary is disabling the ability to use android pay.

Not sure how flashing that custom ROM you can avoid that?

Please post a link to the ROM in question.

Feedback Score
    You basically start with a rooted Nougat ROM, then follow their flashing steps taken while rooted, which end up with a non rooted, but personally customized device. I'll find a link in a few minutes.

Feedback Score
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...t/rom-t3569416

Link to the Hybrid Nougat firmware allowing UI customizations, Native WiFi Hotspot on MVNO's, Knox/bloatware removal, working Samsung/Android Pay, SafetyNet Pass and Knox 0x0 Warranty Intact Status

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/ver...t/rom-t3569416

Link to the Hybrid Nougat firmware allowing UI customizations, Native WiFi Hotspot on MVNO's, Knox/bloatware removal, working Samsung/Android Pay, SafetyNet Pass and Knox 0x0 Warranty Intact Status
    Thanks, somewhat limited in scope though. To even have to go through this crap is complete BS.

Feedback Score
    I really only have a need for wireless hotspot these days, so the mod works out great for me.

Agree with you 100% though. We shouldn't have to jump through ridiculous hoops like this to get a properly working phone that doesn't have useless apps running all the time.

Feedback Score
    Just buy the unlocked versions then. You get what you pay for.

Feedback Score
    An unlocked version that has the same issues? Great deduction there, Sherlock. Hehe. Care to offer at least some semblance of furthering the discussion as to why Total Wireless has issues with all Samsung devices on Android N?

Feedback Score
    My wife and I are both having the exact same problem with our Galaxy S7s not being able to receive calls (and phone says "searching for service") after rebooting until we make an outgoing call.

However, my son's Galaxy S5 doesn't experience this behavior.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richarddavies; 01-19-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by richarddavies View Post
    My wife and I are both having the exact same problem with our Galaxy S7s not being able to receive calls (and phone says "searching for service") after rebooting until we make an outgoing call.

However, my son's Galaxy 3.5 doesn't experience this behavior.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Never did find a solution, it's an ongoing issue that affects all of the latest Samsung Galaxy handsets while using any Nougat ROM. I have since moved to a Moto G5 Plus for full fledged rooting capabilities on Nougat without tripping SafetyNet.

The only solution is to install a Marshmallow ROM if possible. Anything 6.0.x should work fine.

Device(s)
    Saumsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto E (2nd Generation), LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, Lycamobile, Tello
    Feedback Score
    I am experiencing this issue also . My sister and I just upgrade from Galaxy S5's to S7's. Both of our S7's are Verizon branded (postpaid). My sister's shipped with Nougat and mine shipped with Marshmallow. I got two of the $1 TW SIM kits from Best Buy yesterday and switched our lines to nano SIM's yesterday. I originally switched hers to a Verizon nano SIM from a Tracfone kit I had laying around and then switched hers to a TW SIM to see if that would fix the problem... it didn't.

My S7 shipped with Marshmallow. I did not lose the ability to get incoming calls (and likely texting too, I didn't check that on my S7) on Marshmallow. The problem happened on my S7 after I flashed to Nougat.

Hopefully I can use Odin or some other means to go back to Marshmallow.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also lost simultaneous voice and data when I went from Marshmallow to Nougat on my S7.
    Last edited by slyphoxj; 01-28-2018 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention I lost simultaneous voice and data when going to Nougat

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slyphoxj View Post
    I am experiencing this issue also . My sister and I just upgrade from Galaxy S5's to S7's. Both of our S7's are Verizon branded (postpaid). My sister's shipped with Nougat and mine shipped with Marshmallow. I got two of the $1 TW SIM kits from Best Buy yesterday and switched our lines to nano SIM's yesterday. I originally switched hers to a Verizon nano SIM from a Tracfone kit I had laying around and then switched hers to a TW SIM to see if that would fix the problem... it didn't.

My S7 shipped with Marshmallow. I did not lose the ability to get incoming calls (and likely texting too, I didn't check that on my S7) on Marshmallow. The problem happened on my S7 after I flashed to Nougat.

Hopefully I can use Odin or some other means to go back to Marshmallow.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also lost simultaneous voice and data when I went from Marshmallow to Nougat on my S7.
    Flashing back to marshmallow will fix the problem I've been coming calls. If you do end up flashing back let us know if you regain the ability to have simultaneous voice and data. Vo LTE capabilities will generally drop off no matter what you do in regards to flashing ROMs and which operating system you are on

You can search my post history on these forums where I made a thread about my Note 4 keeping volte capabilities when moving from Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    TW
    Feedback Score
    Flashing back to marshmallow will fix the problem I've been coming calls. If you do end up flashing back let us know if you regain the ability to have simultaneous voice and data. Vo LTE capabilities will generally drop off no matter what you do in regards to flashing ROMs and which operating system you are on

You can search my post history on these forums where I made a thread about my Note 4 keeping volte capabilities when moving from Verizon.
    I had the same issue. Fixed it by flashing the official Samsung unlocked rom on s7 edge and s7. Volte works fine, but no vvm. I use Google voice and its a good replacement.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast