Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    This also makes current used VM phones not unlocked worthless.
    They always have plans available for most devices with the exception of really old phones. Also many, not all, devices can be used on other Sprint BYOD MVNO services.
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $50 / $10 | Total Wireless: $25

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Nobody said these were unlocked..

Sent from my Z820 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Nobody said these were unlocked..

Wouldn't they have to be unlocked if you can "take the iPhone elsewhere" if you're over the 14 day return mark as they are indicating?

From the Offer page:

Simply send your iPhone back within 14 days of purchase and we’ll give you a full refund. If you’re past the 14-day mark, you’re free to take your iPhone elsewhere.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, this is an important question. So what happens to all those still New In Box and used Virgin Mobile Androids that are still available for purchase in store or eBay/Swappa and the like?

Are all those Virgin Mobile devices released from any Virgin Mobile "Unlock" Policy, in other words are white listed and the ESN free to activate on an independent Sprint MVNO?

Will they be allowed to activate on Boost or Sprint Post-Paid?

Will those devices be Domestically and Internationally SIM Unlocked?
    Last edited by ls61; 06-21-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Jetpack 7730L
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It's $1 PLUS TAXES. How much are the additional taxes and fees with Virgin Mobile?

I'm right now using Boom Mobile on the Verizon Wireless network and pay $20 (including all taxes) for unlimited minutes and texts and 250 MB data (of which I usually use around 50 MB). I am basically covered quite well. However, to get a 32 GB iPhone SE for $279 (plus sales tax, plus $1, plus additional taxes and fees) would be a very good deal - if the additional taxes are not more than $5 per month.

I just tried to call them to find out about the additional taxes and fees. However, it is mpossible to get a human on the phone when calling their number 1-888-322-1122 (which is not exactly encouraging when considering to become their customer).

I also wonder what it means when they say on their website: "Simply send your iPhone back within 14 days of purchase and we’ll give you a full refund. If you’re past the 14-day mark, you’re free to take your iPhone elsewhere." Would such an iPhone then also work on the Verizon Wireless network, or would I be stuck with Sprint MVNO's?

... and now I just saw this: "Unlimited voice and data services are while on-network only". What value has "unlimited voice" if it is only within the Sprint network? Not much, I would say, given that Sprint has only 17% market share in the US.
    Last edited by resucami; 06-21-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone8, Galaxy_S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, Total_Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Taxes for virgin mobile are sales taxes for Top Ups (adding money) to your account and depend on your local sales tax rate. The only fee I have seen on any prepaid carrier are local 911 fees.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by resucami View Post
    It's $1 PLUS TAXES. How much are the additional taxes and fees with Virgin Mobile?

I'm right now using Boom Mobile on the Verizon Wireless network and pay $20 (including all taxes) for unlimited minutes and texts and 250 MB data (of which I usually use around 50 MB). I am basically covered quite well. However, to get a 32 GB iPhone SE for $279 (plus sales tax, plus $1, plus additional taxes and fees) would be a very good deal - if the additional taxes are not more than $5 per month.

I just tried to call them to find out about the additional taxes and fees. However, it is mpossible to get a human on the phone when calling their number 1-888-322-1122 (which is not exactly encouraging when considering to become their customer).

I also wonder what it means when they say on their website: "Simply send your iPhone back within 14 days of purchase and we’ll give you a full refund. If you’re past the 14-day mark, you’re free to take your iPhone elsewhere." Would such an iPhone then also work on the Verizon Wireless network, or would I be stuck with Sprint MVNO's?

... and now I just saw this: "Unlimited voice and data services are while on-network only". What value has "unlimited voice" if it is only within the Sprint network? Not much, I would say, given that Sprint has only 17% market share in the US.
    No different than VM currently. If Sprint doesn't work look elsewhere. Why would you think otherwise?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Jetpack 7730L
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No different than VM currently. If Sprint doesn't work look elsewhere. Why would you think otherwise?
    What is this supposed to mean?

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What is this supposed to mean?
    Refering to this:

"and now I just saw this: "Unlimited voice and data services are while on-network only". What value has "unlimited voice" if it is only within the Sprint network? Not much, I would say, given that Sprint has only 17% market share in the US."

It means your looking at a Sprint MVNO. Virgin has always been on Sprint. Your complaint about roaming seems off base. Virgin has never allowed roaming, now maybe allowing a little. If Sprint does not work for you it does not mean it does not for others.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    quick question:

(1) if I don't port a number from another carrier, I can't get this offer, is that rigth? Can I port in a Google Voice number?

(2) 12 months for $1, but how much in taxes/fees will I be charged per month? (either Chicago or New York City)

(3) is their iPhone SE locked? if so, will they give me the unlock code after the 12 months are up? or can it be unlocked by paying some company to unlock?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Jetpack 7730L
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Virgin has never allowed roaming, now maybe allowing a little.
    Up to a couple of years ago Virgin Mobile was my cell phone provider and the price per minute that I had to pay was for all networks the same. I therefore beg to differ that Virgin never allowed roaming.

Moreover, a normal person who is not a Virgin Mobile or Sprint expert, seeing an ad promising "unlimited voice," will always assume that "unlimited" means "unlimited" and not "unlimited between Virgin Mobile customers but limited when you call someone on any other network."

I think that the $1 for one year offer in combination with the iPhone SE offer is very tempting and great for some people - but I also think that it is very dubious due to the fact that the "unlimited" claim is a scam (and that the phone is probably stuck forever with the Sprint network does not make this better).

Carrier(s)
    Metro by T-Mobile, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Up to a couple of years ago Virgin Mobile was my cell phone provider and the price per minute that I had to pay was for all networks the same. I therefore beg to differ that Virgin never allowed roaming.

Moreover, a normal person who is not a Virgin Mobile or Sprint expert, seeing an ad promising "unlimited voice," will always assume that "unlimited" means "unlimited" and not "unlimited between Virgin Mobile customers but limited when you call someone on any other network."

I think that the $1 for one year offer in combination with the iPhone SE offer is very tempting and great for some people - but I also think that it is very dubious due to the fact that the "unlimited" claim is a scam (and that the phone is probably stuck forever with the Sprint network does not make this better).
    "Unlimited while on network" doesn't mean unlimited only between Virgin Mobile customers. It means they don't offer unlimted voice roaming - just like every other company.

Also, Virgin Mobile's unlock policy has been that they'll unlock a device after one year of use on their network. All newer iPhones can be domestic unlocked for use on any network... So you can buy a subsidized iPhone, pay a dollar for the whole year of service, then get it unlocked and go wherever you want to. Also, there's that "take it anywhere else after 14 days" statement that seems to indicate they might unlock the phones much sooner if you ask.

Sent from my LG-H811 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by aml1025 View Post
    "Unlimited while on network" doesn't mean unlimited only between Virgin Mobile customers. It means they don't offer unlimted voice roaming - just like every other company.

Also, Virgin Mobile's unlock policy has been that they'll unlock a device after one year of use on their network. All newer iPhones can be domestic unlocked for use on any network... So you can buy a subsidized iPhone, pay a dollar for the whole year of service, then get it unlocked and go wherever you want to. Also, there's that "take it anywhere else after 14 days" statement that seems to indicate they might unlock the phones much sooner if you ask.

Sent from my LG-H811 using HoFo mobile app
    They may already be unlocked, virgin says if you don't like the phone you can return it for a full refund or take it to a less cool carrier.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Jetpack 7730L
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I probably don't understand "roaming" correctly. Is that something different than calls between i. e. someone on the Sprint network and someone on the Verizon network? If it is something different, what exactly is roaming?

Or, what exactly does ""Unlimited voice and data services are while on-network only" mean?

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I probably don't understand "roaming" correctly. Is that something different than calls between i. e. someone on the Sprint network and someone on the Verizon network? If it is something different, what exactly is roaming?

Or, what exactly does ""Unlimited voice and data services are while on-network only" mean?
    You are confused. Roaming means not using Sprint towers. When using Sprint towers ie network you can call anyone, anywhere in the U.S. You can be anywhere in the US as long as your using Sprint Network.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast