Thread: Anyone want to take over a VMU account with $170 built-up balance?

Device(s)
    Motorola Photon Q, Moto E rev2 LTE, assorted others
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

Question Anyone want to take over a VMU account with $170 built-up balance?

Old telecom and software engineering hand here, but new to posting on HF. I just couldn't think of any more appropriate place to post this.

VMU relaunched/rebranded today. Horrible timing for my post here, but their monthly plans advertised up through yesterday are still available. So hopefully someone here may be interested...

I have a VMU account on a very old legacy plan ("Minute2Minute": $0.25/min for the first 10 mins usage in a day, $0.10/min thereafter; must add $20 every 90 days to prevent expiration), but it has been used so infrequently that it has racked up a serious balance -- a little over $170, screenshot below. I had kept this line open as a lifeline phone for a family member who is no longer with us.

Since I'm not likely to use this account myself, maybe someone out there is looking to start a new VMU account, and would like the account's balance at a tiny fraction of the accumulated value -- say, $25? I'm not trying to make money here, just want to make sure the recipient is planning to make serious use of the account. $170 in account credit is far too much to let go to waste.

I'll also mail you the existing phone on the account, a Kyocera Marbl ("Shadowmouse"/K127), which I'll mail to you at my cost -- and as a bonus, send you an Alcatel OneTouch 2017B that has never been used because this old legacy plan won't let you swap to that new of a feature phone. So you can do one of the following with this account:

1. Use the existing Kyocera Marbl phone on the account; or
    2. Swap to the IMEI of an older, pre-2016 VMU feature phone ("payLo" type -- I can test-swap the IMEI of a phone you have before actually doing the transaction to be sure) and continue to use this legacy plan; or
    3. Switch to a currently offered VMU monthly plan (standard or payLo), swap to the IMEI of a phone of your choice, and manually use the cash balance of the account via their website, to pay for monthly plan costs until the balance runs out.

If you're interested, please PM me. Serious inquiries only, first come, first serve.

Name:  Screenshot at 2017-06-21 10-18-12.png
Views: 483
Size:  72.0 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tvierling View Post
    Old telecom and software engineering hand here, but new to posting on HF. I just couldn't think of any more appropriate place to post this.

VMU relaunched/rebranded today. Horrible timing for my post here, but their monthly plans advertised up through yesterday are still available. So hopefully someone here may be interested...

I have a VMU account on a very old legacy plan ("Minute2Minute": $0.25/min for the first 10 mins usage in a day, $0.10/min thereafter; must add $20 every 90 days to prevent expiration), but it has been used so infrequently that it has racked up a serious balance -- a little over $170, screenshot below. I had kept this line open as a lifeline phone for a family member who is no longer with us.

Since I'm not likely to use this account myself, maybe someone out there is looking to start a new VMU account, and would like the account's balance at a tiny fraction of the accumulated value -- say, $25? I'm not trying to make money here, just want to make sure the recipient is planning to make serious use of the account. $170 in account credit is far too much to let go to waste.

I'll also mail you the existing phone on the account, a Kyocera Marbl ("Shadowmouse"/K127), which I'll mail to you at my cost -- and as a bonus, send you an Alcatel OneTouch 2017B that has never been used because this old legacy plan won't let you swap to that new of a feature phone. So you can do one of the following with this account:

1. Use the existing Kyocera Marbl phone on the account; or
    2. Swap to the IMEI of an older, pre-2016 VMU feature phone ("payLo" type -- I can test-swap the IMEI of a phone you have before actually doing the transaction to be sure) and continue to use this legacy plan; or
    3. Switch to a currently offered VMU monthly plan (standard or payLo), swap to the IMEI of a phone of your choice, and manually use the cash balance of the account via their website, to pay for monthly plan costs until the balance runs out.

If you're interested, please PM me. Serious inquiries only, first come, first serve.

Name:  Screenshot at 2017-06-21 10-18-12.png
Views: 483
Size:  72.0 KB
    Sure I'll take it

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Sure I'll take it
    I did say to PM me - in order to transfer the account, it will require personal info (have to replace name, address, etc.).

Carrier(s)
    Cricket x 10 lines
    Feedback Score
    You maybe able use balance to buy new phone from cust care then sell eBay for 2/3 of value or so and net a lot more

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haydeno View Post
    You maybe able use balance to buy new phone from cust care then sell eBay for 2/3 of value or so and net a lot more
    Honestly I don't care to make money on it. It served its purpose as a lifeline for a relative. I'm just seeking someone who wants to make use of the built-up cash balance so it's not totally wasted.

(The measly $25 ask is just a low bar to make sure the recipient is serious about using the account.)