Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Buy $100 ePin digital refill card and get free phone promotion is back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Yeah I know it's off topic, but T-Mobile's anti-prepaid stance makes it really hard for people to try out the service.

A friend of mine was interested in getting postpaid T-Mobile One Plus international plan and dropping Verizon, but he wanted to test out the service for a month on the $50 prepaid plan. I was going to loan him my Moto E4 and if it worked for him he was going to buy a new phone on postpaid, and possibly even switch his whole family plan over if it was good enough.

Long story short, we spent almost an hour waiting in line at a store with barely literate employees only to be told they were "out of SIM cards". How the hell does a cell phone store run out of SIM cards?

In the good old days, we could have just picked up an activation kit at Walmart and been done with it. I'm pretty sure T-Mobile will work perfect for what he needs it for, but he was so soured by the in-store customer service that he decided to stick with Verizon. I guarantee they lost one $95/mo postpaid customer, and possibly even an entire 5 line family plan because of their prepaid hate.

But I also completely understand where he's coming from. He doesn't have the time on his hands to muck about with different carriers and plans like I do, and at least at Verizon stores they'll go out of their way to get you what you need and take care of you (and you can still buy VZW prepaid SIM kits at Walmart if you want to test drive a line).
    Yes it really is a ridiculous policy.
    My brother did the switch from Verizon years ago when he was able to get a prepaid T-Mobile phone and refill at Target so he could test it out and see if T-Mobile worked where he lives.
    It does and he brought his 5 line family plan to T-Mobile.
    I don't know if he would have bothered if he was not able to try them out.
    He doesn't live in the same state as I do and isn't able to visit us very often so I would not have been able to let him use any of my phones to try the service out where he lives.

I am not sure exactly why T-Mobile has adopted this silly policy.
    It actually does bring them new customers like my brother and more than likely would have brought your friend and his family plan to T-Mobile from Verizon.

Sent from my Magnificent Moto E4

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G -> Galaxy Grand Prime -> REVVL, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid, Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post
    It's baaack!

Free phone offer with a $100 prepaid refill. In store only. Eligible phones are:

LG Aristo
    Samsung J3 Prime

Tmobile Revvl

I picked up a Revvl today putting $100 on my $30/5gb line. The Aristo I got last time is in some ways a nicer phone, but I wanted the larger screen..
    Thank you for the post!
    Could you please give a comparison between Aristo and Revvl? I can not deside with one to grab. I have Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime now and kinda get used to Samsungs. But from specs I see that J3 has the worst camera and a screen.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by penka View Post
    Thank you for the post!
    Could you please give a comparison between Aristo and Revvl? I can not deside with one to grab. I have Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime now and kinda get used to Samsungs. But from specs I see that J3 has the worst camera and a screen.

Here is a side-by-side spec comparison of the three phones. I have the Aristo and love it and it'd be my choice over the Revvl. I'd forgotten that the Aristo has 1.5GB RAM, it's very snappy. It's a 5-incher vs 5.5" Revvl if that matters to you. The Aristo still gets software updates, can't even find who makes the Revvl. Revvl has more ROM and bigger battery. The Revvl has a fingerprint sensor but the Aristo has knock on. I like LGs in general, little stuff like QuickMemo+ (for quick pull down screen caps), having volume slider on notification panel (most phones have brightness slider only it seems), rear panel on/off button (I'm probably the rare oddball that likes it), the Aristo has customizable home buttons too. I only wish I could find an s-line case for it for better grip than my current tpu case.
    Pick the LG Aristo.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/co...627,10416,8945

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Net10
    Feedback Score
    The Revvl is made by Alcatel. It wins on specs, but I think the Aristo has better build quality and materials. And the Aristo has gotten the November security update, while the Revvl is still on the July update.

Like Ancius, I'm also partial towards LG phones in general, so I admit to a bias in that direction.

Feedback Score
    The Revvl has better specs than the other 2 phones

Sent from my LG-E980 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I love my Phoenix 2 and wish I had bought 2 of them so I know what you mean about wanting a spare.
    I really like the specs on the Aristo and know that I would just love it.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2
    I think the BLU R1 HD on Amazon is a better phone, with better specs too. It's $49.99 with Amazon ads on lock screen.
    Thank you for the post!

Sent from my LG-E980 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thank you all guys. I ended up by picking up a Revvl. Got a phone and a printed up epin, no Sim card. I'm on $30 Walmart plan for a long time now. Had a long argue with a manager - he wanted to activate a new phone and to load epin in the store. He told I will need to come back to the store to load epin to my account. Will see

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Btw, my old Samsung Grand Prime is locked. I'm using it about 2 years I guess. Should I call and ask to unlock it first? Then activate a new phone with an old card, wait to see it on my account in the system, then add $100. And unlock a new Revvl with an app. Right? The old Samsung has a badly broken glass, but it surprised me a lot - it works!! ))

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Net10
    Feedback Score
    Btw, my old Samsung Grand Prime is locked. I'm using it about 2 years I guess. Should I call and ask to unlock it first? Then activate a new phone with an old card, wait to see it on my account in the system, then add $100. And unlock a new Revvl with an app. Right? The old Samsung has a badly broken glass, but it surprised me a lot - it works!! ))

That should work as you've outlined. The only caution I'll add is that according to their rules, you can only unlock 2 phones per year on any one account. So you'll need to decide if the Samsung is worth using up one of your 2 unlocks for, considering the broken glass.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosaic55 View Post
    ...The only caution I'll add is that according to their rules, you can only unlock 2 phones per year on any one account. So you'll need to decide if the Samsung is worth using up one of your 2 unlocks for, considering the broken glass.
    Thank you!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ... I ended up by picking up a Revvl. Got a phone and a printed up epin, no Sim card. I'm on $30 Walmart plan for a long time now. Had a long argue with a manager - he wanted to activate a new phone and to load epin in the store. He told I will need to come back to the store to load epin to my account. Will see

Update: A new Sim card was inside the sealed box with Revvl

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The same deal is back again on TMo prepaid website.
    The only huge difference - now they require to purchase a $150 epin

https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/web-to-retail

Get a select smartphone for FREE with a qualifying refill of $150.

Follow these easy steps.

1.Visit a T-Mobile store.
    Ask the store representative about how you can get a select smartphone for FREE for a prepaid plan.

Find the closest store

2.Buy a qualifying digital refill card.
    At the store, purchase a qualifying refill of $150 or greater to use with your T-Mobile prepaid plan or service. Don’t have a prepaid plan yet? The representative will set you up.

Check out prepaid plans

3.Walk out with a select smartphone for FREE.
    Choose from the available selection of the phones listed below:

LG Aristo™
    Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime
    ZTE Avid Trio
    Coolpad Catalyst
    Coolpad Defiant
    T-Mobile® REVVL®

Availability may vary by location.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4