Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PBS will remain on the air in rural areas thanks to T-Mobile

Feedback Score
    Former, you will never get 100% agreement, or anything close to it, on the value judgement on whether information presented is propaganda or not. Whether or not something is propaganda is precisely due to someone's personal views, as it is primarily a value judgement.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Exactly: whether or not it is "propaganda" depends on whether or not you agree with the misleading being done, or the causes being promoted.

If you feel the massive media machines behind the government propaganda (your definition) organs PBS and NPR, with their welfare queens making millions off money stolen from taxpayers, are educational, well by all means.

Your justification for wasting tax money didn't convince me, sorry. I doubt you can find any sort of article to back up your claim concerning the "volume" of those who complain about being overtaxed vs how much they pay in taxes. I for one judge the arguments against wasting tax dollars on the arguments' validity, rather than the total tax dollars paid by those making the arguments.

Back on topic, kudos again to T-Mobile for doing this.
    Well now you went and changed your whole post to try to get more in edge wise to make it seem like you somehow won. No, propaganda happens whether or not you agree or disagree with it. Your posts are propaganda. You are pushing an agenda. An agenda you agree with. You can say my posts are propeganda if you want. Im pushing an agenda. The meaning of what propoganda is never changed. I feel you don't have a grasp on what propaganda really is. Who exactly stole money from taxpayers? Do you understand how public broadcasting even works? Or did you just listen to that fat guy who yells alot on info wars and he ranted about public broadcasting so he must be correct. He wouldn't lie or doesn't have an agenda to push. He's an honest as they come.

Of course you feel that way about about arguments against where tax dollars should go. If you ask the ones who actually are paying the taxes they likely feel they should have more say in where they should go. As far as reports suggesting what you are asking for, there's reports out there that say 43 percent of Americans and up paying nothing in federal tax. Nothing. Tell me why that 43 percent should have any input on anywhere federal money goes again?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Well, there goes another perfectly good thread.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

PBS will remain on the air in rural areas thanks to T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    PBS an NPR nationally have their issues but our state TV network has 4 channels
    Good on them. It's nice to see some things being handled locally rather than the narrative being dictated from on high in the District of Criminals and other strongholds of mental illness.

This move should buy T-Mobile a lot of good PR in your state if the local broadcasters provide value to the citizens. I remember as a teenager there was actual high quality useful programming on PBS like cooking and home improvement shows that were produced locally and free of the bias and brainwashing injected by the large foundations that control them nowadays.

Again, I see this as a real character move by T-Mobile because I would let the propaganda peddlers rot and die if I had the choice.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Eh, I don't mind a good conversation sometimes even if it veers off topic. We're all (mostly) adults here and we can agree to disagree.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Good on them. It's nice to see some things being handled locally rather than the narrative being dictated from on high in the District of Criminals and other strongholds of mental illness.

This move should buy T-Mobile a lot of good PR in your state if the local broadcasters provide value to the citizens. I remember as a teenager there was actual high quality useful programming on PBS like cooking and home improvement shows that were produced locally and free of the bias and brainwashing injected by the large foundations that control them nowadays.

Again, I see this as a real character move by T-Mobile because I would let the propaganda peddlers rot and die if I had the choice.
    That's a well informed and interesting take on this issue. Excellent comment.

Feedback Score
    I don't understand the thinking behind this also, why can't people with different opinions debate things here? Why is that frowned upon and called ruining s thread. Isn't that the whole point of some threads? To discuss and debate the good, bad, different views, that others have on it? I didn't see anyone here start calling each other names, threatening anyone or even really fighting. It was just a debate on the values of pbs and the meaning of propaganda. If it's a spirited healthy debate, why is that a negative? Nobody is allowed to have an opinion? I may disagree with the other posters opinion, but he's allowed to have it. I may even debate him on it, as he even said we are likely not going to change each other's minds, but, that doesn't make a debate or discussion on it a terrible thing. I don't hate or dislike the person because their opinion is different. It seems some people here may need to lighten up some and realize a difference of opinion or thoughts isn't a bad thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    I don't understand the thinking behind this also, why can't people with different opinions debate things here? Why is that frowned upon and called ruining s thread. Isn't that the whole point of some threads? To discuss and debate the good, bad, different views, that others have on it? I didn't see anyone here start calling each other names, threatening anyone or even really fighting. It was just a debate on the values of pbs and the meaning of propaganda. If it's a spirited healthy debate, why is that a negative? Nobody is allowed to have an opinion?
    I just now clicked the "Star of David" icon and added to your reputation there...

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    I don't understand the thinking behind this also, why can't people with different opinions debate things here? Why is that frowned upon and called ruining s thread. Isn't that the whole point of some threads? ......
    The general give-away that a thread is going down the tubes is when someone says, "You've offered no documentation to prove your position." or words to that effect. It signals that the thread has descended into argumentation, rather than discussion.

Feedback Score
    The general give-away that a thread is going down the tubes is when someone says, "You've offered no documentation to prove your position." or words to that effect. It signals that the thread has descended into argumentation, rather than discussion.
    I can understand that, and I can understand that when people get there actual feelings involved in a debate where it can get out of hand. I didn't take his comments as inflammatory though, and I hope he didn't take mine that way. Was just a debate with really no hard feelings on either end I don't think. I don't think those are bad.

Feedback Score
    We're all good as long as we don't get carried away debating about debating

Attachment 152271

Feedback Score
    Actually, I look forward to more T-Mobile underwriting of PBS content, resulting in "Magenta Elmo", and Legere himself taking over "Frontline" to rail against net neutrality.
    Attachment 152290

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I kind of read this as a move by tmobile to free up the airwaves faster for them to use the new 600 MHz spectrum. Yes, has some goodwill but I think this will let T-Mobile role out their newly acquired spectrum faster. Thoughts? If so, this is the way business is supposed to be run. Disguise something as good and at the same time benefit financially from it.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure why the thread drifted off into the twilight zone but that's ok you can discuss whatever you want here since it seems more relevant here than in the T-Mobile forum.

Device(s)
    Motorola i1000plus
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Some consider the idea of official government-controlled media to be "backwards", sorry.
    Public broadcasting began back in the day of the Vietnam War and anti-establishmentism. People wanted do away with the system entirely. Public broadcasting was very different from what it is now. I am nearly certain that originally Public broadcasting material was in the public domain whereas now it is very capitalistic; they own the rights to the material.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2