Thread: Anyone use Pinzoo for refills?

Feedback Score

Anyone use Pinzoo for refills?

I thought I would avoid the tax by purchasing a 1gb data refill on Pinzoo. I purchased last night about 10pm eastern and paid with Paypal. I was surprised to see a page pop up which said I had to be contacted by phone because this was my 1st purchase. I didn't receive a call and thought the whole process was rather strange. I did send them a email to cancel the transaction but no answer as of yet. I ended up purchasing the refill directly from Tracfone and was charged the flat $10 with no tax which surprised me.

Feedback Score
    TracFone website does not charge taxes or fees for data only, but I'm seeing sales tax for text - maybe some locations vary. You can always see the total amount for purchases before entering any payment info on TracFone site.

Feedback Score
    Good to know re the tax. I've used pin zoo a couple of times. It was fast/easy. Don't remember having to call tho.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ces1948 View Post
    I purchased last night about 10pm eastern and paid with Paypal. I was surprised to see a page pop up which said I had to be contacted by phone because this was my 1st purchase. I didn't receive a call and thought the whole process was rather strange.
    Calling Mart gave me the same message, and they never called me either. It was a complete waste of my time. Why do they wait until after Paypal approves the transaction?

Thanks for letting me know that Pinzoo will be a waste of time too.

Feedback Score
    I don't think they call on all purchases from them just the first. Also I think they only call during "regular" M-F business hours. I still think it's a strange practice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by natronx View Post
    Calling Mart gave me the same message, and they never called me either. It was a complete waste of my time. Why do they wait until after Paypal approves the transaction?

Thanks for letting me know that Pinzoo will be a waste of time too.
    I went through the verification with Calling Mart a couple of years ago and they did call. Stopped using them because they did not have the smartphone-only cards (still don't) which are a better deal for me even with the taxes and fees on the TracFone website. I see Pinzoo now has all the cards, but they charge high fees in my state.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I went through the verification with Calling Mart a couple of years ago and they did call. Stopped using them because they did not have the smartphone-only cards (still don't) which are a better deal for me even with the taxes and fees on the TracFone website. I see Pinzoo now has all the cards, but they charge high fees in my state.
    They called me the first time but that was over five years ago. Hadn't used them for at least a couple of years but then made a purchase and it went through. No call needed. I've been buying T-Mobile refills not Tracfone.