Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Wireless to officially launch Wi-Fi calling 7/21

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    The iPhones will probably be the exception as there is nothing special across where they're bought from a carrier standpoint (firmwares, apps, models, etc.) other than maybe some models missing certain LTE bands or Intel iPhone 7 models missing CDMA radios (and obviously carrier SIM locking). VoLTE is working on all of our non-Cricket iPhones and I suspect a carrier update will allow Wi-Fi calling if they bring them into the fold (when AT&T enabled Wi-Fi calling, the iPhones got it first). If they were to somehow allow it on Cricket-purchased models only, that would be an odd precedent on both the carrier level and the iPhones themselves.

Still, they might just not allow it or might take their time - at this point, we can only guess if and when it will arrive.
    What model iPhones do y'all have. We have Verizon SE, Verizon 6 and AT&T 6S. I assume VoLTE would work on all 3.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Cricket Wireless to officially launch Wi-Fi calling 7/21

Quote Originally Posted by djjim View Post
    What model iPhones do y'all have. We have Verizon SE, Verizon 6 and AT&T 6S. I assume VoLTE would work on all 3.
    I know for a fact that on the 6S and above, to include the SE, it does work. You’ll need to make sure your iPhones are up to date and have the latest carrier update 28.3. That will enable VoLTE on the phones. I call family all the time and sounds crystal clear.

Of course if you just updated your iPhones and enable it. You may have to wait until the billing cycle starts over for it to work properly or change data plans on each line to get it working. It was posted somewhere in the forums to get it fixed before the billing cycle. A quick search might find the answer.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagish View Post
    I know for a fact that on the 6S and above, to include the SE, it does work. You’ll need to make sure your iPhones are up to date and have the latest carrier update 28.3. That will enable VoLTE on the phones. I call family all the time and sounds crystal clear.

Of course if you just updated your iPhones and enable it. You may have to wait until the billing cycle starts over for it to work properly or change data plans on each line to get it working. It was posted somewhere in the forums to get it fixed before the billing cycle. A quick search might find the answer.
    (Exactly on the carriers not controlling the iPhones up-thread - why I'd be surprised if something like that were to happen).

As for iPhones in use - we have a 6, an SE (bought unlocked from Apple), another SE (bought from Best Buy for GoPhone), and a 5S. After the usual tricks to get it working, VoLTE works on all but the 5S, which is expected.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB (Qualcomm)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Cricket chat advised they are working on WiFi Calling for iOS. I am currently on att prepaid but will switch if this becomes available before prepaid.
    Current Device: Silver 256 GB iPhone X
    Carrier: AT&T

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matts2009 View Post

I'm probably going to keep using as my G5 seems messed up since I put an AT&T sim card in and got the Android 7 update. ...

Matt
    Yes that really bugs me about Cricket. If you put an AT&T sim in your cricket phone you get the update. Otherwise not. that really sucks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dafone View Post
    Yes that really bugs me about Cricket. If you put an AT&T sim in your cricket phone you get the update. Otherwise not. that really sucks.
    Are you talking about the security update? I have moto 5g+ (unbranded) now and got the update with cricket sim.

Device(s)
    treo 700p
    Carrier(s)
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    This really sucks and makes no sense. I changed over to Cricket today as my Tmobile plan was coming up for renewal and in my hurried research (couple google searches) I concluded that wifi calling will work on my unlocked iPhone 7 (it has, flawlessly, for AT&T, Tmobile and Verizon). In fact this was my main reason to switch to Cricket instead of ATT prepaid (which is a far better deal IMHO, 6GB/$40/CA+MX).

Well long story short, The port request has just gone through and I find out, after calling CS, that its only supported on ONE phone model. SMH

If we didn't live in the boonies it wouldn't matter so much but I get ATT signal only in some rooms. When I had ATT postpaid they set me up with a microcell - which was not needed when wifi calling rolled out. Now I'm truly outta luck for the next month.

Serves me right for being in a hurry!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Cricket Wireless to officially launch Wi-Fi calling 7/21

I’m still looking forward to that feature for iPhones. Don’t see why they’re taking so long.

Trying out iOS 11 beta #6 and still no WiFi calling. Carrier update currently is 29.0

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1503531040.921318.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  71.6 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Service has deteriorated for me in my city over the past few months. Wifi calling will be welcome when it finally comes to more devices.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Weird that it has deteriorated in some areas and gotten better in others. Can't make sense of it. But yeah, WiFi calling will help until this gets sorted out. Ordered an X charge, should be here tomorrow.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe View Post
    Weird that it has deteriorated in some areas and gotten better in others. Can't make sense of it. But yeah, WiFi calling will help until this gets sorted out. Ordered an X charge, should be here tomorrow.
    My area is not a cricket issue it's all providers. Postpaid att customers complaining like crazy as well

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Yeah in my area another ATT mvno having issue in same spot. Haven't tried postpaid. Definitely used to work fine 6 months ago, unsure why things are breaking that used to work.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The city I live in is about 100,000 residents. The city council enacted rules and regulations on cell phone towers several years ago and this has hindered coverage in our area. It's a growing community and as we've grown our cell phone service has deteriorated everywhere. All providers are affected, some more than others. AT&T seems to be struggling pretty bad, and I've been with AT&T/Cricket for the last 18 years. I've never seen service this bad in the area. I'm considering making the switch to Verizon prepaid at $40/m if WiFi calling doesn't come soon.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I have a iPhone SE with Cricket but I do not where you can change the setting to let VoLTE. I do have a white cricket sim card.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Primary), AT&T (Secondary)
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if the Flagship Samsung Galaxy S8 will ever receive Wi-Fi calling

Sent from my SM-G950U using HoFo mobile app
    Timmy G

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast