Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Cricket Wireless to officially launch Wi-Fi calling 7/21

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane197 View Post
    I have a iPhone SE with Cricket but I do not where you can change the setting to let VoLTE. I do have a white cricket sim card.
    The consensus seems to be that if that's the case, toggling Stream More (either off, then back on or on, then back off), and/or changing your plan to something else and back (obviously this will be two plan changes for the month, so keep that in mind) knocks something loose in their system and then after a power cycle, VoLTE should work.

I've done this with three of our lines (my SE was done on the first day people started reporting it as working, another was an AT&T-locked SE a few months ago, and another was done with an iPhone 6 last week), and the real test will be the last line on our account that has a green SIM in a week or two.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Cricket Wireless to officially launch Wi-Fi calling 7/21

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane197 View Post
    I have a iPhone SE with Cricket but I do not where you can change the setting to let VoLTE. I do have a white cricket sim card.
    Make sure your phone is up to date with the latest iOS software and check the about page in settings, you need at least carrier version 28.3 to activate VoLTE.
    Settings-> General-> about-> and in here you’ll be prompted by the phone to update a carrier settings if its not up to date.

Once you verified you have carrier 28.3 or higher, then go to settings -> Cellular-> Cellular Data Options-> Enable LTE-> Voice and Data

That’ll enable VoLTE on your iPhone SE, assuming your account is good for VoLTE and it should since you have the white sim.

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1503628983.859419.jpg
Views: 1575
Size:  34.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1503629053.116160.jpg
Views: 1562
Size:  15.6 KB

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

I have 30.0 in my carrier setting. Also I’m using iOS 11 beta on my phone. Hope that doesn’t effect it. But I will try toggling stream more on and off to see what that does.

Feedback Score
    Btw with cricket site saying that non cricket phones won't get wifi calling does this include Verizon iPhones or not necessarily?

Device(s)
    LG G5 (AT&T Branded H820)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I noticed today that mms messaging does not seem to be supported with Wi-Fi calling.

Feedback Score
    Just to check again I know this is early but with cricket mentioning if not bought from them does this apply to iPhones as well with not able to use wifi calling unless cricket branded?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Just to check again I know this is early but with cricket mentioning if not bought from them does this apply to iPhones as well with not able to use wifi calling unless cricket branded?
    At this time that's the case but it's expected to change eventually

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    iPhone don’t have WiFi calling yet. If or when they activate it, I’m sure most newer iPhone will get it. Apple doesn’t discriminate on Verizon/att iPhone like android does. Android are supported by their provider/creators. While iPhones are supported by Apple and Apple only.

Feedback Score
    i have old sim and VoLTE works on my iphone SE which was an ATT version.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveH2O View Post
    Cricket changed what's stated for wi-fi calling - so unless you have a Cricket branded phone (which I don't) you're out of luck

Wi-Fi Calling-Capable Phones
    To enjoy Cricket Wi-Fi Calling, you'll need a Wi-Fi Calling-capable smartphone and an active Wi-Fi network.

Currently, our Wi-Fi Calling-capable devices include:

LG X Charge

Note: If you did not purchase your phone from Cricket but it is Wi-Fi Calling capable, you can still use your phone but Wi-Fi Calling will not work.
    LG Escape 3 is also listed on cricket website. Anyone have info on this phone? Ty

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by affald View Post
    LG Escape 3 is also listed on cricket website. Anyone have info on this phone? Ty
    Yeah, its the Cricket version of the LG Pheonix 2 (as found on AT&T). Older handset already at this stage, came out around the same time as the X Power initially if I recall correctly, and its a similar level of hardware (minus the awesome battery of the X). I think they even share cameras and processors, and the same limited 1.5GB of RAM that lower mid-range handsets offered back then (so happy to see the PulseMix and X Charge now come with a proper 2GB).
    I'll be honest, I'm super surprised to see that phone got the WiFi calling update. I didn't think it was all that popular and I thought that the LG Harmony replaced it in their lower-mid entry level LG lineup much like the X charge replaced the X Power. Yet the Harmony can't do WiFi calling, but the older Escape 3 can? Odd. And I figured the X Power would get the update since as far as I can tell it was a more popular handset than the Escape 3. But hey, what do I know.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishe View Post
    Yeah, its the Cricket version of the LG Pheonix 2 (as found on AT&T). Older handset already at this stage, came out around the same time as the X Power initially if I recall correctly, and its a similar level of hardware (minus the awesome battery of the X). I think they even share cameras and processors, and the same limited 1.5GB of RAM that lower mid-range handsets offered back then (so happy to see the PulseMix and X Charge now come with a proper 2GB).
    I'll be honest, I'm super surprised to see that phone got the WiFi calling update. I didn't think it was all that popular and I thought that the LG Harmony replaced it in their lower-mid entry level LG lineup much like the X charge replaced the X Power. Yet the Harmony can't do WiFi calling, but the older Escape 3 can? Odd. And I figured the X Power would get the update since as far as I can tell it was a more popular handset than the Escape 3. But hey, what do I know.
    So it's not as good as the x?

This roll out seems to be taking forever, like watching water boil.

Has anyone used a two SIM phone to use two cricket Sims and get 2x4gb of data? I currently have two 5 line plans but only use 9 lines. Looking for a one phone solution for two Sims. Seems many two line phones can't utilize both Sims properly.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm having lots of cell issues in my city and have been waiting for wifi calling for quite some time. I'm very close to switching to Verizon prepaid if this doesn't get worked out soon. I love Cricket but getting extremely frustrated with this.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by affald View Post
    So it's not as good as the x?
    Oh, goodness no. The X is the best WiFi capable phone they have right now. The Alcatel Pulsemix is getting it too, I recall seeing it in their advertising somewhere (Wifi calling with planned update), but the X is still arguably better hardware. We're all pretty certain iPhones will be getting it eventually, but there's no official word on that front either.

This roll out seems to be taking forever, like watching water boil.
    They're still rolling out VOLTE, give them a break. The LG Fortune got an update to support it last week. Between you and me, I'm waiting to see some more BYOD support. I think its ridiculous that there are phones out there that could be helping get congestion off their network by using Wifi or at least the more efficient LTE protocols, and they're choosing to vet only devices that they sell instead of opening it up to BYOD like T-mobile does.

Has anyone used a two SIM phone to use two cricket Sims and get 2x4gb of data? I currently have two 5 line plans but only use 9 lines. Looking for a one phone solution for two Sims. Seems many two line phones can't utilize both Sims properly.
    That doesn't make much sense. Dual SIM phones aren't practical for what you're trying to do, but the explanation is way too off topic for here. PM me if you want me to explain the technical side to it. Personally, I'd recommend just selling that last line for $20 to someone interested in the group save, and using that money to bump up your account to a higher data plan one. Or, just do what the rest of us do if we're on the 4GB plan and run out: swap plans for a day and reset the meter.
    Last edited by Dishe; 08-30-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by gigahurtz View Post
    I'm having lots of cell issues in my city and have been waiting for wifi calling for quite some time. I'm very close to switching to Verizon prepaid if this doesn't get worked out soon. I love Cricket but getting extremely frustrated with this.
    I don't think anyone of us would disagree with the idea that you should find a service that works best for you, but Cricket has only promised Wi-Fi calling in some capacity at some time soon. As much as I'd like it (I was previously using AT&T postpaid and had it), I can't fault Cricket for not having it on my device _right now_. At this point, VoLTE on the iPhones isn't even officially advertised as being available. (So, fingers-crossed here, too)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast