Thread: 3 different Motorola phones produce the same 30 second static bug

Feedback Score

3 different Motorola phones produce the same 30 second static bug

Hi guys, I've observed this behavior in 3 different Motorola phones. I don't know if it's a Motorola issue or an Android issue.

The issue is short (1 second or less) bursts of static over the sound system. Once they start, they recur every 30 seconds, like clockwork. It usually appears when I'm using my Bluetooth headphones, but it's not restricted to them-- if I turn them off, or turn Bluetooth off, the static bursts will continue through the phone speaker.

This has happened with a Droid Maxx 2, Moto G (1st gen), and Moto G4 Play.

Anybody able to help me with this? Has this happened to you?

Device(s)
    Android
    Feedback Score
    That's a nice information. Bluetooth is producing this bug or what? I'm eagerly waiting for the Moto E5 plus, before that I read your post and changing my mind to not buying it. However, Is this is issue lurking on these 3 phones only or almost every phone of Motorola has the same issue. I m an avid music listener and Can't put my ear-pods away from me for even an hour. Thanks for the info.
    moto e5 plus specs

Feedback Score
    It might just be a you issue. Just saying. With my tinfoil hat on firmly I say it's the 3letters. And I don't mean VZW. I mean you got 3 different Motorolas doing the same bizarre thing. I'd walk up to a stranger who has one of these 3 phone types. Tell them about the static dealy. Ask to borrow their phone. Call some 800# that'll pickup right away. If you can't hear the static thingy it's you. Try it with a couple more strangers. Or you said Droid that's exclusively VZW. Maybe you're on a jacked up VZW MVNO or your location sucks. My tinfoil hat fell off & I still say it's the 3letters. Or a bad BT that's ******** up your phones causing lasting damage.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB exp 08.10.18
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1call/3mo no exp by 07.02.18

Feedback Score
    It has nothing to do with the carrier, but I'm on VZW, not an MVNO. I'm just about positive it's a phone issue. I switched to an HTC 10 back in December and have had no issues. Same headphones.