Thread: S5 Startup Hangs

Device(s)
    Motorola i1000plus
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

S5 Startup Hangs

I have a Galaxy S5 (SM-G900T). Whenever I try to power up (aka startup or boot) it hangs. I have searched for answers and quite often I see the term "startup screen" or something similar. I don't know what that is specifically. For me, the first image shown after pressing the power button says "Samsung Galaxy S5" and "Powered by Android". The second screen just says "Samsung" with some fireworks. My phone hangs every time after the jingle plays. I think there are two other people in Samsung Galaxy S5 Won’t Get Past Logo Screen Issue & Other Related Problems (see the comments at the bottom) with the same problem but I can't be sure it really is the same problem. When it hangs I am unable to do anything more with it; I must remove the battery to turn it off.

My phone was doing strange things occasionally but generally it worked. I had a SD card in it. I removed the SD card then put it back in. That is when the startup hanging problem began and now it hangs every time. I removed the memory card soon after trying to boot it and have kept it out since then.

I have been able to get into the recovery mode (using the power, home and volume up keys simultaneously), the terminal-style (Linux?) mode but I don't know what to do with it. I am unable to get into safe mode; I assume it hangs before it gets to the relevant point.

Feedback Score
    1) first try clearing the cache if that's an option in the recovery menu, then reboot the phone.
    Clearing the cache/rebooting won't cause any loss of your data.

2) If clearing the cache doesn't work, you might want to try a factory reset, which will wipe all your data on the phone. You will have to set up the phone as if it was out of the box after a factory reset.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Motorola i1000plus
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    My nephew used to work repairing cell phones. He is not sure of what the problem is but at least he knows how to do a factory reset. I will at least wait for other options first.

Feedback Score
    Clear the cache

Device(s)
    Motorola i1000plus
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gagecle View Post
    Clear the cache
    I have said I have searched for answers. So you can assume I cleared the cache. Nothing that can be easily found by searching would work.