Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: How to obtain the Koodo, out of province, QC promo plans

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwalsh24 View Post
    Hmm allright thanks, why cant I just go to koodo's site, purchase the cheapest plan to open the account? That's essentially the same as going to a kiosk and doing it there is it not?
    You can do that. No problems.

Feedback Score
    Interesting! Didn’t know you could activate online...when did that start?

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    Opening an account can be done at the store or online. As long as your credit check pass, you're good. Only difference is the waiting time. Doing it in store would obviously be faster. You can change your number to QC as soon as you get home and wait a couple of days to do the plan change then port your number. Doing it online sometime takes a week to get processed. Then you'll have to pay shipping for your sim card.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    That's what i thought as when i was with them years ago I did it all online and waited as i didn't care about the time limit.

Seeing how i have to go to wallymart in the next day or two ill get them to open an account for me and see if they can give me a Quebec number if i give them some b.s. line about temporarily moving there to help a family member out but want an account setup so i can call as soon as i cross into the province lol

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So I was a total idiot and sent Koodo a question about adding a Google Pixel XL to my plan, and now they have switched me off of the Manitoba plan.

Do you think it would be safe to buy a new sim, put it on my account. Port my BC number out and then re-port it in in another couple of days? Do you think my account will be flagged for verification in the future? Or should I just port out to a pre paid plan with another carrier and port back in to a QC plan?

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    So I was a total idiot and sent Koodo a question about adding a Google Pixel XL to my plan, and now they have switched me off of the Manitoba plan.

Do you think it would be safe to buy a new sim, put it on my account. Port my BC number out and then re-port it in in another couple of days? Do you think my account will be flagged for verification in the future? Or should I just port out to a pre paid plan with another carrier and port back in to a QC plan?
    I would start from scratch. New SIM and new account. I think you're account is now flagged.

Btw. What plan did they put you on? There are no comparable plans in BC to the Manitoba plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post
    I would start from scratch. New SIM and new account. I think you're account is now flagged.

Btw. What plan did they put you on? There are no comparable plans in BC to the Manitoba plan.
    They put me on the $90 plan. I was given a free gig of data and they took it away. Oh well, it was my fault.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    geez. go to freedom and tough it out until you get a new sim and apply for a brand new account.

I put my account into jeopardy this week asking what's going on with the referral processing. I changed my address to Quebec. I'm not porting my bc number until things get sorted out.

Feedback Score

I can't remember where I heard this but...

They put me on the $90 plan. I was given a free gig of data and they took it away. Oh well, it was my fault.
    I read somewhere that if this happens to you, you should contact Koodo and tell them that you do not accept the new plan and that you will close your account if they can't offer a better deal.

Then at least you get the best retention deal until you work out a new account.

Device(s)
    LG G5
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just opened my koodo account at 4:45pm, went home and changed my phone number at around 5:20pm, was able to change my plan by 6pm. Now to wait till the 17th to port my number over!

This is so easy its just insane...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by damnihatethat View Post
    I read somewhere that if this happens to you, you should contact Koodo and tell them that you do not accept the new plan and that you will close your account if they can't offer a better deal.

Then at least you get the best retention deal until you work out a new account.
    File a CCTS complaint if they did not give 30 days notice for the change. You might end up lucky and get the plan back without any risk of losing it again, and then tell whoever changed it in the first place to shove it. If you do not get the plan back, at the very least, you will give their Wireless Code breach numbers a boost and cost some money.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    The off-topic discussion on credit scores has been moved here. Please keep this thread on topic.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

10% QC sales tax?

It never occurred to me that I would be dinged 10% sales tax for the plan.

If I change my billing address to another province would the 10% tax follow me or is it based on the address?

Feedback Score
    A few pages back, someone mentioned that a sales rep told them to wait a few weeks before changing the province since doing so before that could internally flag your account. Is this something I should be worried about? I've created an account, got a local number and have a SIM on the cheapest plan available. Is there really a point in waiting?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5714 View Post
    File a CCTS complaint if they did not give 30 days notice for the change. You might end up lucky and get the plan back without any risk of losing it again, and then tell whoever changed it in the first place to shove it. If you do not get the plan back, at the very least, you will give their Wireless Code breach numbers a boost and cost some money.
    Unfortunately they have given me 30 days notice. I'll talk to them on Monday about a retention plan.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, I'm on the Manitoba plan and signed up for a new phone online via tab. The new phone only takes nano sim tho, and my old sim is micro. However if I try to use the new nano sim, I have to call koodo to get it activated right, since the feature doesn't appear to work on the self serve? Am I better off getting my micro sim cut to nano sim to make sure I dont get my account flagged and lose the account?

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast