Thread: Verizon MVNO with VoLTE ?

Feedback Score

Verizon MVNO with VoLTE ?

Which Verizon network MVNOs have VoLTE capability ? I saw that Boom! Mobile Red has it. Which others ? - Thanks

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    Which Verizon network MVNOs have VoLTE capability ? I saw that Boom! Mobile Red has it. Which others ? - Thanks
    So far, no other regular MVNOs do, as far as I know.

Xfinity seems to have it, but you have to subscribe to Comcast to get it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    So, anyone yet used Boom VoLTE voice successfully in an "Extended" area ? There has gotta be someone out there that has tried this

somewhere in the good 'ole USA !

Feedback Score
    With Total Wireless, using their iPhone 6 (Best Buy), I have VoLTE. Maybe not a rule, but that's what I experienced on one of my 4 phones on the plan (the rest are BYOD).

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    With Total Wireless, using their iPhone 6 (Best Buy), I have VoLTE. Maybe not a rule, but that's what I experienced on one of my 4 phones on the plan (the rest are BYOD).
    Thanks, but have you traveled in a Verizon "extended coverage" with area with Verizon native LTE & get voice service working? I"m just wondering if VoLTE on boom, or any other Verizon mvno will get voice working in these Extended / Roaming area's ? I'm not too hopefull , but perhaps it is a possibility.

Feedback Score
    Boom VoLTE voice working in their extended area: that was a question I was also eagerly seeking to know the answer to. I eventually got a phone that wasn't listed to work with VoLTE because I was fairly certain that as much as I was in roaming areas, it most likely wasn't going to work. Still I'm curious to know if anyone has succeeded in getting this to work.

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Total Wireless works in extended area BUT the trick seems to be you need to activate for the first time on one of their iPhones. My sim is in a vzw iPhone now and works great but was activated in a TW 5se

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beet View Post
    Total Wireless works in extended area BUT the trick seems to be you need to activate for the first time on one of their iPhones. My sim is in a vzw iPhone now and works great but was activated in a TW 5se
    No way to activate VoLTE online? You have no control over it being on or off?

Feedback Score
    IMO it's a glitch that even the TW reps can't explain it. My oppinion is that the iPhones that are on TW packaged deal are former VZW phones (new old stock) and at activation time, VZW provisions the flag for VoLTE because the system "thinks" is still one of theirs, based on MEI/IEMI. That provisioning is tied to the SIM.
    However, I speculate that VZW might do periodical checks of paired SIM - IEMI and deactivate the feature if a miss-matched is found.

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    IMO it's a glitch that even the TW reps can't explain it. My oppinion is that the iPhones that are on TW packaged deal are former VZW phones (new old stock) and at activation time, VZW provisions the flag for VoLTE because the system "thinks" is still one of theirs, based on MEI/IEMI. That provisioning is tied to the SIM.
    However, I speculate that VZW might do periodical checks of paired SIM - IEMI and deactivate the feature if a miss-matched is found.
    I don't think it's an old stock thing, I think they just know it's compatible. I think the 32gb SE was only released in March of this year.

I think it's just a backend problem on Trac's servers to update all the current ones to volte. It's not a "feature" per say but evolution, just like how everyone said we would never see 4G on trac, or XYZ feature they always seem to come they just take a lot of extra time.

We know the VoLTE page has been there forever, if you try to activate on a non-activated sim it will take you there but it does not do anything. It will come with time, it has to. 3G is going away, it has to happen. It's in everyone's best interest.

I did get a Moto g5 plus today, moved my sim and have VoLTE no problems. I am pretty sure if you go back in the posts I have the original post of VoLTE working with the iPhone work around. Much like the original Straight Talk Nokia trick which everyone said would get taken down, or that BYOP would never happen... it will come, we just need to wait. Just a back end process they need to work out.

MVNO's are not really the ******* step child just lots of logistics and interfaces that need updated to support new features, "training" reps and so on. VoLTE sounds like a feature but it's just evolution of the technology.

I can disable VoLTE on the phone which my house has not so great LTE but epic awesome 3G, I need to turn it off from time to time to make calls. Now wifi calling... I want that bad