Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 for $75 Unlimited Plan

Feedback Score

2 for $75 Unlimited Plan

I see Metro has a new unlimited plan and they brought back the 2GB plan. Prices have gone up by $5 for the bottom their and top tier plans. They had a pretty crappy quarter, but I'm not sure these plans are that much more attractive.

It feels like they're building in a larger subsidy to keep offering free phones. I'd like to seem the offer some proper features like Canada roaming or even DIGITS.

Feedback Score
    Can the second line on that 2 line for $75 deal be a tablet? If so, I will leave cricket.

Can I also get the $100 for a phone for porting on top of that 2 lines for $75 deal???
    Ian B

Device(s)
    Pixel 2XL, iPhone X, iPad Pro, Samsung S9, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is there any data roaming allowed in the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    the $75 deal is $50 first line + $25 second line or $37.50 per line and has no tethering.

the unlimited with hotspot is 60 + 25 = 85 or 42.50 per line.

i need hotspot so would not consider a plan without it.

Feedback Score
    The $85 version is making me switch to MetroPCS from Cricket. I would like to have the tethering and at the same time I can get a second line for my son that has unlimited everything. If Cricket offered tethering on it's unlimited plan I probably wouldn't think about switching at this time, but it's such a useful feature.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakezula84 View Post
    The $85 version is making me switch to MetroPCS from Cricket. I would like to have the tethering and at the same time I can get a second line for my son that has unlimited everything. If Cricket offered tethering on it's unlimited plan I probably wouldn't think about switching at this time, but it's such a useful feature.

Don't forget you also get $100 towards a phone for porting.

Ian B

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibladuell View Post
    Don't forget you also get $100 towards a phone for porting.

Ian B
    Can I use that phone on a different line? I already have an unlocked phone I like but if I can get $100 off a phone for my son (who would be a new number) that would be awesome.

Feedback Score
    MetroPCS is true high speed.. Cricket is 8 Mbps maximum, can't even compare that

Sent from my Z981 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaco1 View Post
    MetroPCS is true high speed.. Cricket is 8 Mbps maximum, can't even compare that

Sent from my Z981 using HoFo mobile app
    What if true high speed in someone's area is less than 8mbps? I can see how some people would prefer consistency over how high can you go. I can also so how some people would prefer metro' s higher speeds if they are in an area where they can take advantage of them. Both services offer their positives and negatives and overall id say they are very comparable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakezula84 View Post
    Can I use that phone on a different line? I already have an unlocked phone I like but if I can get $100 off a phone for my son (who would be a new number) that would be awesome.

Yes you can use on second line.

Ian B

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post
    Is there any data roaming allowed in the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No data roaming, only voice roaming.

Feedback Score
    Can the second line on that 2 line for $75 deal be a tablet? If so, I will leave cricket.

Can I also get the $100 for a phone for porting on top of that 2 lines for $75 deal???
    Ian B
    If you can a rep to add the IMEI to the account, then yes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1102 View Post
    What if true high speed in someone's area is less than 8mbps? I can see how some people would prefer consistency over how high can you go. I can also so how some people would prefer metro' s higher speeds if they are in an area where they can take advantage of them. Both services offer their positives and negatives and overall id say they are very comparable.
    Coverage advantage goes to cricket in areas. Like mine, att coverage is miles ahead of tmobile

Feedback Score
    They removed the data maximizer feature on all new plans and all new plans are 480p video resolution. If you want hd video content it is now an add on for 10 dollars more on every plan, including the 60 dollar plan. Only difference between the 60 and 50 plan is hotspot.

Feedback Score
    Yes you can use on second line.

Ian B
    They said I couldn't. I even told them that if I could I would get the second line (which I've decided to add later). They said I would have to use the free phone for a month, but they also we're not pushing it on me. I actually brought it up. The rep was totally fine selling and activating a sim. I even asked what his commish would be and he said about a dollar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast