Thread: A question on Manitoba coverage

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

A question on Manitoba coverage

I live in Manitoba. I've been a Bell mobility subscriber prior to the MTS purchase. I recently took a road trip to the USA. Prior to the purchase, Bell/Telus had no coverage between the US border and just outside Morris. (It's actually one of the towns past Morris, but who remembers the name?)

Anyhow, according to Bell's coverage map they have coverage on this area. But much to my surprise on my trip this week the signal dropped and my phone then flipped to the EXT network.

I called Bell. Because I am using g a non-Bell device (I'm using a OnePlus 3T -a3000 north American version) they tell me there is nothing they can do to support me. They assure me the network is there. My phone just doesn't know it. It thinks it needs to hook up to the EXT network (likely the former MTS towers )

What do I do to make my phone connect to the newly acquired Bell towers? Do I just need a new sim card? Or is there something g would it going on? Any other Bell customers challenged with out of City network connection?

How do I get my

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I got the answer.

The folks at Bell were no help when I called.

However.. I went to my local bellmts storefront. The dude in shop mentioned the conversion of MTS towers to Bell happens on August 15.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Thats useful, thank!

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    When I was in that neck of the woods, I was on Telus and roamed on the EXT network. I thought the EXT was rogers?

TBH that whole province really confused me with what network I was running off. With EXT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: Blackberry Bold 2: 9700 Bell Mobility..

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm still getting Rogers' EXT in Southern Manitoba in areas that aren't Telus-based. I thought by now it would be integrated onto MTS' network, nope!
    Man gets hit by Brick Phone! Ouch!

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans_Moleman View Post
    I'm still getting Rogers' EXT in Southern Manitoba in areas that aren't Telus-based. I thought by now it would be integrated onto MTS' network, nope!
    Is TELUS supposed to be gaining native access to the network?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

A question on Manitoba coverage

From my understanding, yes. Once Bell assumes complete control of the network, it would be just like all other areas of the country with the Bellus MOCN. Having said that, i don't think it was built as MOCN infrastructure by Rogers/MTS so I'm assuming some configuration changes would be required, and that could take time. Others in these forums (i.e. Sheytoon) might have more info to share. What I've mentioned is based on very limited info I've received from friends in the industry.

What I'm not sure of is, what happens to Rogers customers? Will they now see "EXT" throughout the province? That would be very interesting since they theoretically built the network and pumped a lot of money into it...to have that native coverage stripped away would be strange and concerning for their customers.

Feedback Score
    Sorry guys, can't talk about the network sharing plans in Manitoba until it's public.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Carrier(s)
    MTS
    Feedback Score
    I'm just wondering if old MTS customers will start getting access to the Telus towers that are going up all over the place since it seems like Telus customers are getting access to MTS towers.