Thread: Moto G5 Plus $179.99 on Amazon, retail version, wow.

Feedback Score

Moto G5 Plus $179.99 on Amazon, retail version, wow.

I bought a Moto G5 plus and I'm impressed. I was using a Moto E first version from Tracfone, bought on Group On. It was a good deal at the time the phone was free with the air card etc. Problem was it never updates the OS and the real problem was not enough storage for all the Android apps. You can't move those to a SD card and the endless updates were killing my performance and just became a pain in the ***. Android was maxing out my internal memory on the Moto E.

The Moto G5 Plus is the most I have ever spent on a phone and I'm glad I did.

Check out the reviews on you tube as far as testing out it's durability. Moto says this is water resistant but tests show it to be better then that at water. I wouldn't go swimming with it but you can drop it in a toilet, grab it and I think you should be fine. Rain storm, fine. The glass is very hardy as well. Don't think you need a case for this guy.

As far as looks, this phone looks high end. Feels high end. My son has an Iphone 6 (hand me down from sister in law) and he is all about Iphones. He said that is a nice looking phone about my new Moto. I always tell him Android is better of course he thinks IPhones are the best. Well with this phone I stopped him dead. That's unimportant to the thrifty shopper though. For the want to be trendy you can hang with this Moto at a reasonable price.

As far as function the Moto G5 Plus is full on at least as good as an IPhone 6. We have run some tests over the last few days and the Moto beats the IPhone 6. Speed, easy of use, camera etc. Won't beat my wife's IPHone 7 (work provided) but it is far closer in performance then the the price difference. In fact you have to be really picky to notice the difference.

Don't know why the Moto G5 Plus is 179.99 on amazon right now, the amazon version of this phone which should be $50 cheaper is actually $229??? Everyone else in town is at $229 or higher for the 32 G version. The 64 G version is much higher BTW. Has an SD slot so ...

Just giving anyone who reads this a heads up. Amazon 2 G Ram, 32 G internal memory and not the Amazon version which actually cost more. Don't know what's going on but it's worth the price. Moto may have sent a ship load of phones to Amazon and said sell them now? Don't know, don't care, I'm sure this phone will last me for a long time and is actually up to date today. Well worth the money coming from a cheap phone guy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CreepHHi View Post

The Moto G5 Plus is the most I have ever spent on a phone and I'm glad I did.
    I'm pretty impressed with the device. Just picked up the G5+ 2Gb/32Gb version , Spigen case and a screen protector for around $200. It works perfectly with T-mobile. Sound quality is just fair, but wifi calling and VoLTE are both supported. No junkware is loaded, it is stock android 7.0. We are using it as a video device to stream to chromecast and as a sonos controller, hotspot, and extra phone and it works admirably for all.

It's a bit slower than my iPhone 6s+, and the screen isn't very bright. Apart from that, a very nice unit and a screaming bargain. I've had no memory issues with 3-4 open apps. The unit worked immediately after inserting the micro-SIM with no manual configuration needed.

Feedback Score
    That's the version I got 2GB/32GB. You know there is feature that adjusts the screen brightness according to conditions, I turned that off and my screen is plenty bright enough for me.

Only thing I don't like is it doesn't have a alert light. My Moto E had a little LED on the front that lit up when I had a notification. I miss that.

I like the straight up Android and no other apps loaded.

The most I've done so far with the phone is run maps while listening to Pandora and using it as a hot spot. Was working great. That's most I'll every do with this phone.

Feedback Score
    Note: The G5+ is available at Costco.com for the same price

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Also, for those looking to score the 4GB/64GB version of the Moto G5 Plus, it too was on sale for $50 off ($249 from $299) on Amazon for a single day. It was the day that the new Moto X was announced. So, it might happen again if they want to move stock.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got two of the 4GB/64GB models for USD $239 each from Amazon later in August. They are great! Other than the large size, this model is a perfect upgrade from my original Moto G.