Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Prepaid iPhone SE & iPhone 6 get price cut at Bestbuy

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I picked up one from the local Best Buy this afternoon. Popped in a Freedompop LTE SIM and everything seems to be working just fine. It seems like the iOS FP app works better than the android app (hope I'm not jumping to a conclusion there too soon).
    Anyway, as long as the data works, it's good enough.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    If you do the unlimited plan ($60), then don't you have to factor in that cost? Once unlocked, you can drop to the $30/month plan, but that takes 2 months to use up.

Unless I messed up and they refund the money if I cancel after the unlock?

I've bought 2 SE's for people this year (when $199 for 32GB). One on Cricket, unlocked it, then kept service until last week on a spare phone (since I gave it to sister on T-Mobile). The other, for step mother, I bought for GoPhone. Then she changed from ATT postpaid to GoPhone. So no need to unlock to give to her. And the $30/month plan is cheap enough for her usage that it isn't worth it right now of looking at other carriers.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    There's also the aspect of Cricket only allowing 9 numbers per account, so if you port in/out too much, you'd have to migrate to a new account. I wholeheartedly agree that while Cricket's iPhones were a pretty good deal a few months ago, the higher prices, upgrade fee, and lack of models available make the alternatives seem better.

In my case, for a family member who will not be able to use anything but Cricket or AT&T, the AT&T-locked devices from Best Buy are an amazing value.
    Exactly right! Well said!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    Data works fine too?
    Yeah. Works fine. I haven’t checked speeds though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    If you do the unlimited plan ($60), then don't you have to factor in that cost? Once unlocked, you can drop to the $30/month plan, but that takes 2 months to use up.

Unless I messed up and they refund the money if I cancel after the unlock?

I've bought 2 SE's for people this year (when $199 for 32GB). One on Cricket, unlocked it, then kept service until last week on a spare phone (since I gave it to sister on T-Mobile). The other, for step mother, I bought for GoPhone. Then she changed from ATT postpaid to GoPhone. So no need to unlock to give to her. And the $30/month plan is cheap enough for her usage that it isn't worth it right now of looking at other carriers.
    No you didn't mess up. And no, Cricket doesn't refund payments.

Of course one has to initially pay something to Cricket for service to ostensibly "upgrade" to an Unlimited plan to get the unlock. It's neither an automatic or free process.

So, at a minimum, it's going to cost $30 plus whatever the prorated portion of whichever Unlimited plan one choses to get a phone unlocked from Cricket.
    Last edited by bakedapple; 08-19-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    Yeah. Works fine. I haven’t checked speeds though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Good to know. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 4 XL, iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    Also a note to everyone who is buying these:

AT&T has updated their unlock system to NOT allow these iPhone to be unlocked unless you have AT&T Prepaid service for 6 months. I personally have tried with 3 iPhone SE's but Bestbuy's system now activates them when they are scanned so they wont be able to be unlocked unless you have AT&T Prepaid service for 6 months.

BUT, These iPhone's WILL work out of the box on AT&T Postpaid, AT&T Prepaid, Cricket, H20, Tracfone(AT&T), Straight Talk(AT&T) and will not need to be unlocked to work on those company's. *Note: H20 requires iPhone's to be jail broken to get MMS.
    Also wanted to update that Freedompop's AT&T LTE sim also works in this phone as well(Freedompop App Required). Also it DOES need to be Directly on AT&T Prepaid for 6 months to be unlocked, MVNO's/Cricket don't count for the 6 month requirement.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Double Play with 140+ channels and 200 Meg Per Second Internet.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: Verizon Prepaid as my Primary, Sprint as my secondary.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    I received the "UNLOCK REJECTED" email from iphoneimei.net today (for an iPhone SE).

They want an additional $67 to upgrade to the "Premium Service". Not happening.

I replied to the email instructing them to refund my $28. The SE's going back to Best Buy either today or tomorrow (either way, I'm within the 14 day return period).

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I replied to the email instructing them to refund my $28. The SE's going back to Best Buy either today or tomorrow (either way, I'm within the 14 day return period).
    The Best Buy near me has a 35.00 restocking fee on phones. I hope that's not the case for yours.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    I received the "UNLOCK REJECTED" email from iphoneimei.net today (for an iPhone SE).

They want an additional $67 to upgrade to the "Premium Service". Not happening.

Which carrier are you trying to unlock for?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    The Best Buy near me has a 35.00 restocking fee on phones. I hope that's not the case for yours.

That's only for contract or unlocked phones; this SE is prepaid and locked to AT&T.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    Which carrier are you trying to unlock for?
    Tried for AT&T.

Feedback Score
    No you didn't mess up. And no, Cricket doesn't refund payments.

Of course one has to initially pay something to Cricket for service to ostensibly "upgrade" to an Unlimited plan to get the unlock. It's neither an automatic or free process.

So, at a minimum, it's going to cost $30 plus whatever the prorated portion of whichever Unlimited plan one choses to get a phone unlocked from Cricket.
    Find a friend who has Cricket and don't buy the iPhone from Cricket to avoid the $25 upgrade fee. Then the use could insert the Tracfone SIM.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Dang I bought my SE for 189 at Bestbuy. Wish I would have waited. But it was still cheaper than Cricket.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post

Returned the SE to BB yesterday, no restocking fee.

The CSR did ask me: "Is that a contract phone?". I told her: "No, it's a locked, prepaid phone.".

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast