Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Prepaid iPhone SE & iPhone 6 get price cut at Bestbuy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    If you need an iPhone unlocked have someone on Cricket buy the iPhone and upgrade to unlimited $60 plan. They will immediately unlock it and then you can downgrade back to your lower plan. You can then take the iPhone anywhere on GSM.
    The SE and 6 can be used with a CDMA MVNO once unlocked.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    The claim was made for iPhones and $12 unlocks from eBay.
    I never said iPhone. I said I unlock my phones through a online provider. Never claimed eBay either. I do have a request in to unlock my iPhone SE right now. I will let y’all know if I get it unlocked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane197 View Post
    I never said iPhone. I said I unlock my phones through a online provider. Never claimed eBay either. I do have a request in to unlock my iPhone SE right now. I will let y’all know if I get it unlocked.
    This thread is about prepaid iPhones. Your statement about unlocking for $12 was confusing since it has nothing to do with iPhones. Individuals were offering iPhone unlocks until AT&T closed the loophole about 6 months ago. Good luck on your iPhone request.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    No, just unlock it via an "unlocking service". No go. Back to BB the phone went.
    I guess I'm confused why the iPhone needs to be unlocked? Are you trying to sell it unlocked or something so it can be used with Verizon as well?

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    I guess I'm confused why the iPhone needs to be unlocked? Are you trying to sell it unlocked or something so it can be used with Verizon as well?
    I usually unlock all of my phones. I did not know that you couldn’t pay to unlock a ATT prepaid phone. I’ve never tried before. I just got a response in my email that my unlock company couldn’t find a code. Guess ATT keeps everything on lock down.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane197 View Post
    I usually unlock all of my phones. I did not know that you couldn’t pay to unlock a ATT prepaid phone. I’ve never tried before. I just got a response in my email that my unlock company couldn’t find a code. Guess ATT keeps everything on lock down.
    iPhones are not unlocked with a code. The provider sends Apple a message to unlock the iPhone. Then the providers send the instructions to unlock. That's why multiple people were surprised when you mentioned $12 unlocks in a thread about iPhones.

Some Android phones can be unlocked with a code which are sold. The iPhone locking/unlocking is not unique to AT&T. Verizon post paid because of a spectrum purchase are unlocked when purchased.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    I like my phones unlocked; gives me options for service providers. And of course, higher resale values.

Feedback Score
    I like my phones unlocked; gives me options for service providers.
    And, if you travel abroad. With a GSM phone just pop in a local sim to get a local number and cheap service in most of the world.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    It gives flexibility. If in 2 months you want to change to a different carrier, you can just take your phone with you. And not go through the hassle of selling/trading in phone and getting new phone.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 4 XL, iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have tried a few eBay sellers myself and same thing comes back for them, 6 months of service to be unlocked.

Hate to break it to you but these iPhone's are locked down for 6 months, also most but not all eBay unlocks for AT&T are just using the same Unlock page that regular consumers can access.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Double Play with 140+ channels and 200 Meg Per Second Internet.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: Verizon Prepaid as my Primary, Sprint as my secondary.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Four View Post
    And, if you travel abroad. With a GSM phone just pop in a local sim to get a local number and cheap service in most of the world.
    That's exactly what I do. That's why "unlocked" is a necessity for me.

Feedback Score
    But on that note the sale Best Buy is doing any idea when it ends?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    But on that note the sale Best Buy is doing any idea when it ends?
    I don’t. I bought mine over a week ago. I would think till probably the end of the month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    I don’t. I bought mine over a week ago. I would think till probably the end of the month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'll bet this SE goes down to $99 by Black Friday.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    No idea when it ends, but the $199 price point has been around since at least April or May, so I suspect AT&T Prepaid SEs are going to be in that spot for awhile. The $149 price seems to be online only, so it may come and go.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast