Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score

Rogers Number Swap

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if this is possible:

1- have a line with Rogers, and want to keep the line
    2- also want to port the number on that line to a new provider, and get a new number assigned to my Rogers line on my existing plan; in essence, I don't want to cancel the plan

Any way of doing this? Sign up for prepaid, swap, and then port? Any ideas? Thanks

Feedback Score
    ^Not Possible with Rogers. Unless you can find someone who is very very knowledgeable and is willing to do it. Now if you were with the so called 'Future is Friendly' company Telus, then it's very possible.

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    ^Not Possible with Rogers. Unless you can find someone who is very very knowledgeable and is willing to do it. Now if you were with the so called 'Future is Friendly' company Telus, then it's very possible.
    I read online that if I get a pay as you go, swap the number with my normal line, and then port the number once it's a pay as you go account, it may work? Any ideas on this?

Feedback Score
    ^It will not work on Rogers & Fido. But Good Luck. At one time about 3 to 4 years ago it was somewhat possible after getting a 'certain department' involved. However even then there was no way to contact that department on your own.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Bell and Rogers stopped this quietly because of lazyness and internal confusion.

Essentially, they gave everyone the finger who needs to move a number without cancelling their plan. Basically you're forced to pay any ETF and lose an loyalty or grandfathered features on your account.

Just another way to slip through the cracks and end up with a plan that is less desirable, in a manner which the CRTC will never address because it affects a small number of informed customers.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cloneman View Post
    Bell and Rogers stopped this quietly because of lazyness and internal confusion.

Essentially, they gave everyone the finger who needs to move a number without cancelling their plan. Basically you're forced to pay any ETF and lose an loyalty or grandfathered features on your account.

Just another way to slip through the cracks and end up with a plan that is less desirable, in a manner which the CRTC will never address because it affects a small number of informed customers.
    I don't think they were lazy nor confused. It was a very intentional decision, made in order to screw screw over their own customers by locking up their numbers in spite of the spirit of number porting regulations.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am not sure of any carrier at this point that this feature is possible on...even on Telus.

Anytime you move a # from the carrier (regardless to same brand pay go). The plan auto cancels immediately.

Unless you get a certain department involved that can reinstate the # immediately to the new line so you can move it to another carrier. It is not possible.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Telus: $67/20GB Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    I am not sure of any carrier at this point that this feature is possible on...even on Telus.

Anytime you move a # from the carrier (regardless to same brand pay go). The plan auto cancels immediately.

Unless you get a certain department involved that can reinstate the # immediately to the new line so you can move it to another carrier. It is not possible.
    100% Telus can do it, though they do charge $25 for it now.
    https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-...nts/td-p/67708
    rogers/fido can do it, they just decided not to allow it because they can. And it screws customers so it goes along with their general philosophy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It can still be done on Rogers. It was done by another fellow here. But he had to get serious with social media et al. It'll be a chore but if you keep pushing you might have the same luck the other guy did.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It can still be done on Rogers. It was done by another fellow here. But he had to get serious with social media et al. It'll be a chore but if you keep pushing you might have the same luck the other guy did.
    WorldIRC? That was a few years ago and I think he was the last person. They locked down hard after him.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post

It's possible on telus. I've done it twice this year no charge

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    WorldIRC? That was a few years ago and I think he was the last person. They locked down hard after him.
    Quite a while since doing that. At least 5 years?

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    I don't think they were lazy nor confused. It was a very intentional decision, made in order to screw screw over their own customers by locking up their numbers in spite of the spirit of number porting regulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by cloneman View Post
    It was banned to prevent fraud guys
    Rogers actually did this to PROTECT you

Many store reps would activate a second line without a clients consent instead of doing upgrade
    Then call in, cancel old line, and perform the number swap to new line

Clients lost old plans, extra discounts, and even tenure by doing this
    It was fraud to get extra activations plain and simple

(and yes some clients would do it themselves to get activation promos but they were a minority)
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    Quite a while since doing that. At least 5 years?
    2013 was still possible for sure
    But either way yes its been years

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    So this seems like way too much of a hassle. Thanks for the input, folks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast