Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Company plan, not enough data, how to

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    243
    Feedback Score
    0

    Company plan, not enough data, how to

    So I have a friend who has a plan of 2 gb with the company she works for. She burns thru the 2 gb constantly and was curious if there was a way to pay separately for additional gb without having to go thru the company account

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    15,924
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    There are ways to reduce the amount of data you use. When my wife got her new Nexus 5X I was shocked at how much more data she used vs her old Galaxy III, doing exactly the same stuff. I installed Opera and Opera Max and turned on all the data-saving features of both and the phone's OS and brought the data usage back in line.

    Does she watch videos? Does she have BingeOn enabled?
    Donald Newcomb

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,686
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ishldknwbttr View Post
    So I have a friend who has a plan of 2 gb with the company she works for. She burns thru the 2 gb constantly and was curious if there was a way to pay separately for additional gb without having to go thru the company account

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Ask the company for a bigger data plan? Is data being used for work or personal reasons? If its for work, the company should upgrade.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Baja California / Sinaloa
    Posts
    22,391
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ishldknwbttr View Post
    So I have a friend who has a plan of 2 gb with the company she works for. She burns thru the 2 gb constantly and was curious if there was a way to pay separately for additional gb without having to go thru the company account
    No, since the company manages the lines they are responsible upgrading the line to a larger plan.
    The only way to get a larger plan is to ask them to upgrade and tell them they can take off cost off the larger plan out of the paycheck.
    Is she receiving warnings from HR/IT etc..for going over the 2GB allotment?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    243
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Ask the company for a bigger data plan? Is data being used for work or personal reasons? If its for work, the company should upgrade.
    Company gave it to her for both work and personal. I told her to check if they could upgrade her, but she also didn't want to go thru the hoops if there was a pre-workaround

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    243
    Feedback Score
    0
    And no warnings, she just wants to be able to use more than the 2 gigs. She used to have a 5 gig personal acct with cricket before her company gave her this deal, so she's inquiring around. IT/HR don't care, she's throttled after 2 gigs and it's just one of the perks from the company

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    362
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ishldknwbttr View Post
    And no warnings, she just wants to be able to use more than the 2 gigs. She used to have a 5 gig personal acct with cricket before her company gave her this deal, so she's inquiring around. IT/HR don't care, she's throttled after 2 gigs and it's just one of the perks from the company

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Why not then just pick up a cheap prepaid plan, like the 5gb cricket plan, again? If she doesn't want to deal with going through the company it'll probably be easier to just pick up a cheap prepaid line and use that also. Since the tmobile line is company provided I assume she's not paying for it so it's not like shed be paying for 2 services or anything. Either that or ask the company for a larger data plan.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,282
    Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mobile broadband is the answer; augment your connectivity with a WiFi hotspot.. The $20/month + tax/fees ZTE Mobley connected car plan is still available.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Baja California / Sinaloa
    Posts
    22,391
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ishldknwbttr View Post
    And no warnings, she just wants to be able to use more than the 2 gigs. She used to have a 5 gig personal acct with cricket before her company gave her this deal, so she's inquiring around. IT/HR don't care, she's throttled after 2 gigs and it's just one of the perks from the company.
    Does her company allow hot spot / tethering?
    My company allows hot spot / tethering on the company accounts from both AT&T and Verizon Wireless.
    I'm sure AT&T or Verizon Wireless offers business plans which include throttling, but eventually we will have the ability to throttle down data usage on our own so I doubt we will change plans. I would ask the company for a larger plan since it's a work/personal line and if she travels offsite a lot then I bet her usage can be high, especially if her company allows hot spot / tethering.

    I don't think your friend has a company pool of data since she's throttled once the 2GB is used up.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    243
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    Does her company allow hot spot / tethering?
    My company allows hot spot / tethering on the company accounts from both AT&T and Verizon Wireless.
    I'm sure AT&T or Verizon Wireless offers business plans which include throttling, but eventually we will have the ability to throttle down data usage on our own so I doubt we will change plans. I would ask the company for a larger plan since it's a work/personal line and if she travels offsite a lot then I bet her usage can be high, especially if her company allows hot spot / tethering.

    I don't think your friend has a company pool of data since she's throttled once the 2GB is used up.
    She just inquired with her company and it's a no-go. I suggested at&t's mobley $20 switch sim to hotspot and it sounded appealing to her, cross fingers

    Sent from my Pixel XL using HoFo mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 04:53 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 07:40 AM
  3. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 04:19 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 01:38 AM
  5. unlimited data...how to order?
    By rarora in forum AT&T
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-18-2003, 04:27 PM

Bookmarks