Thread: Company plan, not enough data, how to

Feedback Score

Company plan, not enough data, how to

So I have a friend who has a plan of 2 gb with the company she works for. She burns thru the 2 gb constantly and was curious if there was a way to pay separately for additional gb without having to go thru the company account

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    There are ways to reduce the amount of data you use. When my wife got her new Nexus 5X I was shocked at how much more data she used vs her old Galaxy III, doing exactly the same stuff. I installed Opera and Opera Max and turned on all the data-saving features of both and the phone's OS and brought the data usage back in line.

Does she watch videos? Does she have BingeOn enabled?
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ishldknwbttr View Post
    So I have a friend who has a plan of 2 gb with the company she works for. She burns thru the 2 gb constantly and was curious if there was a way to pay separately for additional gb without having to go thru the company account

Ask the company for a bigger data plan? Is data being used for work or personal reasons? If its for work, the company should upgrade.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    No, since the company manages the lines they are responsible upgrading the line to a larger plan.
    The only way to get a larger plan is to ask them to upgrade and tell them they can take off cost off the larger plan out of the paycheck.
    Is she receiving warnings from HR/IT etc..for going over the 2GB allotment?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Ask the company for a bigger data plan? Is data being used for work or personal reasons? If its for work, the company should upgrade.
    Company gave it to her for both work and personal. I told her to check if they could upgrade her, but she also didn't want to go thru the hoops if there was a pre-workaround

Feedback Score
    And no warnings, she just wants to be able to use more than the 2 gigs. She used to have a 5 gig personal acct with cricket before her company gave her this deal, so she's inquiring around. IT/HR don't care, she's throttled after 2 gigs and it's just one of the perks from the company

Feedback Score
    And no warnings, she just wants to be able to use more than the 2 gigs. She used to have a 5 gig personal acct with cricket before her company gave her this deal, so she's inquiring around. IT/HR don't care, she's throttled after 2 gigs and it's just one of the perks from the company

Why not then just pick up a cheap prepaid plan, like the 5gb cricket plan, again? If she doesn't want to deal with going through the company it'll probably be easier to just pick up a cheap prepaid line and use that also. Since the tmobile line is company provided I assume she's not paying for it so it's not like shed be paying for 2 services or anything. Either that or ask the company for a larger data plan.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Mobile broadband is the answer; augment your connectivity with a WiFi hotspot.. The $20/month + tax/fees ZTE Mobley connected car plan is still available.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    And no warnings, she just wants to be able to use more than the 2 gigs. She used to have a 5 gig personal acct with cricket before her company gave her this deal, so she's inquiring around. IT/HR don't care, she's throttled after 2 gigs and it's just one of the perks from the company.
    Does her company allow hot spot / tethering?
    My company allows hot spot / tethering on the company accounts from both AT&T and Verizon Wireless.
    I'm sure AT&T or Verizon Wireless offers business plans which include throttling, but eventually we will have the ability to throttle down data usage on our own so I doubt we will change plans. I would ask the company for a larger plan since it's a work/personal line and if she travels offsite a lot then I bet her usage can be high, especially if her company allows hot spot / tethering.

I don't think your friend has a company pool of data since she's throttled once the 2GB is used up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    Does her company allow hot spot / tethering?
    My company allows hot spot / tethering on the company accounts from both AT&T and Verizon Wireless.
    I'm sure AT&T or Verizon Wireless offers business plans which include throttling, but eventually we will have the ability to throttle down data usage on our own so I doubt we will change plans. I would ask the company for a larger plan since it's a work/personal line and if she travels offsite a lot then I bet her usage can be high, especially if her company allows hot spot / tethering.

I don't think your friend has a company pool of data since she's throttled once the 2GB is used up.
    She just inquired with her company and it's a no-go. I suggested at&t's mobley $20 switch sim to hotspot and it sounded appealing to her, cross fingers

Sent from my Pixel XL using HoFo mobile app