Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone showing their customers no love!

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score

Tracfone showing their customers no love!

Simple Mobile, Wal-mart Family, Total Wireless, Page Plus among other TF INC. subsidiaries are realizing significant increases in allotments that equate to a cost savings or at least an increase in value, yet TF service customers are getting the short end of the stick. Sorry, but roll over is no longer a good excuse to use to justify TF higher costs.

In just one recent example TW is now giving Family plan members 15 GB to share between two lines, UT/UT/15GB for $60. So...... if you just accounted for data that is $4 a GB and UT/UT thrown in for good measure.

If TF Inc. can make those plans work for those subs then they certainly could lower the costs of what TF service customers pay or significantly increase the allotments.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    Simple Mobile, Wal-mart Family, Total Wireless, Page Plus among other TF INC. subsidiaries are realizing significant increases in allotments that equate to a cost savings or at least an increase in value, yet TF service customers are getting the short end of the stick. Sorry, but roll over is no longer a good excuse to use to justify TF higher costs.

In just one recent example TW is now giving Family plan members 15 GB to share between two lines, UT/UT/15GB for $60. So...... if you just accounted for data that is $4 a GB and UT/UT thrown in for good measure.

If TF Inc. can make those plans work for those subs then they certainly could lower the costs of what TF service customers pay or significantly increase the allotments.

Yeah, change at Tracfone has been at a glacial pace since I started with them in 2002. Single Minutes -> Double Minutes for Life -> Triple Minutes for Life -> horrible low-spec smartphones -> BYOP.

It's pretty good now with BYOP and it wasn't too long ago that they dropped the price of data and texts. It could get better faster, but it serves my low-use needs without busting the budget for now.

The money I save with TF allowed me to become a AT&T unlimited Connected Car subscriber for $20 a month.

Carrier(s)
    BellSouth Mobility, AirTouch, Cingular, Verizon, StraightTalk, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score

In just one recent example TW is now giving Family plan members 15 GB to share between two lines, UT/UT/15GB for $60. So...... if you just accounted for data that is $4 a GB and UT/UT thrown in for good
    If you like those plans better than TF's, why not just switch to one of them?

Feedback Score
    Walmart just did away with the 1-line $35/6gb plan refills. BUMMER. Next available is the $60 for 2 lines.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chasham View Post
    If you like those plans better than TF's, why not just switch to one of them?
    Everyone's needs are different, so why pull out that tired old beat into the ground platitude to deflect from the actual issue? It is not rocket science that if TF can afford to significantly increase data for services that also include Unlimited Talk & Text across many of their Subs, then they should be able to lower our costs or increase allotments in some equitable manner. They (TF Inc.) have been bleeding customers lately and could certainly show some love to the TF service customer!

I might just switch one line, $25 UT/UT + 5GB @ $10 (not 1GB for $10, but 5GB) w/data roll over on VZW is enticing.

Carrier(s)
    BellSouth Mobility, AirTouch, Cingular, Verizon, StraightTalk, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Everyone's needs are different, so why pull out that tired old beat into the ground platitude to deflect from the actual issue? It is not rocket science that if TF can afford to significantly increase data for services that also include Unlimited Talk & Text across many of their Subs, then they should be able to lower our costs or increase allotments in some equitable manner. They (TF Inc.) have been bleeding customers lately and could certainly show some love to the TF service customer!
    If you're looking for love, call your momma or go see your girlfriend.

TF isn't a social agency/welfare office. It's a private sector company whose purpose is to make money for its owner, Carlos Slim. He decides what to offer, how much to charge and how to treat customers. If he makes the right decisions, he prospers. If he makes the wrong ones, he fails and the company goes out of businesses. And if you didn't know, CS is one of the world's richest men.

So like I said, if you don't like TF's offerings, quit whining and just take your business elsewhere...
    Last edited by ChasHam; 08-24-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Feedback Score
    They know the numbers. Some companies choose to sell less & make more money by keeping or raising prices. It works sometimes.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Feedback Score
    If you don't like the service, don't use it...

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    They know the numbers. Some companies choose to sell less & make more money by keeping or raising prices. It works sometimes.
    Likely they are seeing better growth numbers if they offer more data for the same or a lower price with the other subs. Or lower churn. Yes, they know the numbers for Tracfone users. Also, the data for those plans with the higher data allotments AFAIK is use it or lose it. Rollover data is never really lost so in essence it's worth more in some sense. Bottom line they just don't have the need right now to give us more data at the same price or the same data at a lower the price.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chasham View Post
    If you're looking for love, call your momma or go see your girlfriend.

TF isn't a social agency/welfare office. It's a private sector company whose purpose is to make money for its owner, Carlos Slim. He decides what to offer, how much to charge and how to treat customers. If he makes the right decisions, he prospers. If he makes the wrong ones, he fails and the company goes out of businesses. And if you didn't know, CS is one of the world's richest men.

So like I said, if you don't like TF's offerings, quit whining and just take your business elsewhere...
    No one asking for welfare, my contention is simply that if TF Inc. can absorb the costs to significantly increase data allotments among many of its Subsidiaries then it stands to reason that they could extend some of that to TF service customers, not sure why some one would argue against that?
    Maybe I just need to understand better, if TF lowered costs and/or increased allotments that would be adverse to your best interests... correct?
    So I take it if you were paying less and/or getting more with TF service, you'd just take your business elsewhere.....?

Did it cross your mind that if TF did show some love to their TF service customers it might help reverse the customer losses they are experiencing? Hemorrhaging customers is not the best way to stay in business.

I always find it interesting when keyboard economists argue in favor of or show such concern for that of a multi million dollar company owned by a Multi Billionaire and against their own best interests, unless of course those interests are investment returns that significantly out way their mobile service costs.

Feedback Score
    I for one don't make much money for TF or at least I don't think. I have a smart phone but just don't use data much. 4 GB is like 6 months for or maybe more. Last year I probably spent around $15 a month for TF. I really can't beat that deal. I'm on Verizon at full 4 G connection no different then any Verizon customer so that all works fine. My actual problem is calling minutes, that's what I run out of and there is no cheap straight I need 1000 minutes. Always some other crap involved that I don't need.

For me my compliant would be I need more minutes for cheaper.

Feedback Score
    We are asking you to leave so TF will panic and lower prices for the rest of us.

If nobody leaves, then TF will keep prices the same.

Just acting in our self interest as always.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CreepHHi View Post
    For me my compliant would be I need more minutes for cheaper.
    I do as well.

The point is that these data increases are on top of plans that include Unlimited Talk and Text and the Tracfone service offerings pale in comparison. So if TF can afford to increase data allotments for these other subs, where data is the costlier of the three units, I do not see why TF service customers can not see a bump in minutes at the expense of data.
    In my opinion we are getting the shaft when it come to per unit pricing as far as talk.

Feedback Score
    That's it. Make Tracfone like the other brands offered by Slim.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    ....Bottom line they just don't have the need right now to give us more data at the same price or the same data at a lower the price.
    Exactly this. Their top brand is TF. They are keeping it more expensive and less of a value.

I have NO doubt it's not about vanity, stupidity or stubbornness.

It is about MONEY.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast