Thread: Garaho

Feedback Score

Garaho

So I've been eyeing on some android keitais for a while.. but before I make the jump, I was wondering how they work. I use a good chunk of social media (facebook, tumblr, snapchat, twitter, etc.) I know they aren't touchscreen but have the touch crouser instead. how well do those apps work on these phones using the touch crouser. Is there any possible way to install the play store instead of the other apps stores they reccomend?

Kyocera gratina 4g, kyocera digno, and sharp 601 sh/01j are just a couple I've been eying on. I've also been looking at some korean flip phones but some of them are hard to get other than the galaxy folder.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Edge, DoCoMo SH-01J, Softbank 007SH
    Carrier(s)
    U Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is probably late into the game but I'd say if you're looking into getting a phone that uses touch based apps, a phone equipped with touch cruiser isn't the way to go. These phones using forked versions of Android aren't able to install google play services which basically means the App Store, Google Maps and many other things Google related either won't function as intended, or won't function at all.

That being said, I've got a Docomo SH-01J that works pretty well to how I want it to work. I installed APKPure so I can download and install apps without the use of a computer. I've also managed to get running a few games like Egg Inc, Final Fantasy 3 and 4. Facebook, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp work reasonably well too alongside the Pre-installed Line App which I also use to keep in touch with Japanese friends and co-workers.

In short,
    If you're aiming for games, don't pick these up.
    If social is all you're going for, these phones will work well so long as you get used to touch cruiser and manual keypad inputs.