Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Does Trac Fone website no longer offer 1-year service days extension for $49?

Feedback Score

Does Trac Fone website no longer offer 1-year service days extension for $49?

When I added minutes or data using Trac Fone's website before, it usually offered me to buy 1 year of service days extension for $49 during check-out.

I was just adding another gig of data to my account and it never made such offers. Is it because my account already has more than a year of service days remaining? Or did they stopper offering it completely?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    When I added minutes or data using Trac Fone's website before, it usually offered me to buy 1 year of service days extension for $49 during check-out.

I was just adding another gig of data to my account and it never made such offers. Is it because my account already has more than a year of service days remaining? Or did they stopper offering it completely?

Thanks!
    It seems that TF no longer offers the 1 yr $50 addon if you only purchase another addon like Data only or Text only. You have to purchase some sort of airtime. Some have reported selecting an airtime card, adding the 1 yr extension, and then removing the airtime at checkout. I have not tried it so I can't confirm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    It seems that TF no longer offers the 1 yr $50 addon if you only purchase another addon like Data only or Text only. You have to purchase some sort of airtime. Some have reported selecting an airtime card, adding the 1 yr extension, and then removing the airtime at checkout. I have not tried it so I can't confirm.
    ok, that makes sense. I was only buying data at the time.

Feedback Score
    A couple of weeks ago, I used the method that cv91913 mentioned. The system fussed a little bit, but I got the 365 day selection to go through. My account updated immediately. Just to be on the safe side, I used a temporary credit card number with the exact amount of money. So if I had to repeat anything, there couldn't be a double charge. I think I did have some trouble, if I recall correctly.

Feedback Score
    I just tested the following, on the TF website, and it worked fine:

Go to "My Devices" (in my case it is a BYOP Moto X)
    Select Buy Service Plan
    Select Pay As You Go Plans
    Add the $9.99 plan
    Ignore/decline the "save more with auto-refill pop-up that comes next
    -- select one time purchase on that popup
    On the following check-out screen add the 365 day extra service days option
    Then, click the garbage can icon in the green circle to delete the $9.99 plan
    -- You will be left with only the 365 day extra service days option
    Check out.

Worked for me; no complaints from the system whatsoever. System immediately added my extra year.

Feedback Score
    Did it charge you the $49.99 for the additional year? That is brilliant! Here I've been adding a year, then buying the additional year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skua View Post
    Did it charge you the $49.99 for the additional year? That is brilliant! Here I've been adding a year, then buying the additional year.
    You lost me there... so you bought 2 years?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skua View Post
    I'm lost too. My intent was to purchase only the single 1-year upsell add-on with no minutes/texts/data. That's what happened, and I was charged the $49.9X (as I expected/intended).

Feedback Score
    Worked for me too. Same routine: Add 30 day card and extend for one year, remove 30 day card and then pay 49.99 plus tax...grrrrrr... Note that I had to use Google Chrome with Windows 10 to complete transaction. Windows Internet Explorer 11 would not display button to finish purchase... go figure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryoham12 View Post
    Note that I had to use Google Chrome with Windows 10 to complete transaction. Windows Internet Explorer 11 would not display button to finish purchase... go figure.
    Additional datapoint: I, too, use Chrome on Win10. That's what I always use...

Feedback Score

No more?

In the past, I was able to add the one year, but it doesn't work for me now. After I add service days to my alcatel, at the checkout I see the 365 extra service days and other offers under the heading "more for your phone", some marked "remove", and one marked "add", but when I try to click on them, it cancels the service days selected and takes me to the previous screen. Same problem in Firefox, WindowsEdge, Chrome and silk (on my tablet). Like so:
    Name:  more.jpg
Views: 2386
Size:  36.8 KB
    I called the 800 number, and they didn't know what I was talking about, and claimed I was not eligible for this offer.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Yup, saw that yesterday. Website is broken.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad I bought the 1yr extension with the $10/1GB add-on card just last weekend, before they broke it.

Feedback Score
    I complained about this problem multiple times on the tracfone "feedback", leaving my landline number, and yesterday I got a couple of calls that the caller ID labelled "Straight Talk", & because I never answer that phone unless I recognize the caller, I thought that couldn't be tracfone and ignored them.

Today I decided to go ahead and pay $100 for 365 days plus 800 minutes (a change in personal circumstances means I've started using the phone a lot more than I used to).

A few minutes later when I saw another "Straight Talk" call, I answered only to find out it was a tracfone agent, & I explained to the nice woman what the problem was. She offered to get me the original deal, but I'd already decided on the other.

Then a few minutes later, another "Straight Talk" agent who knew nothing about the previous agent also called.

So they are responsive.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by atabase View Post
    I complained about this problem multiple times on the tracfone "feedback", leaving my landline number, and yesterday I got a couple of calls that the caller ID labelled "Straight Talk", & because I never answer that phone unless I recognize the caller, I thought that couldn't be tracfone and ignored them.

Today I decided to go ahead and pay $100 for 365 days plus 800 minutes (a change in personal circumstances means I've started using the phone a lot more than I used to).

A few minutes later when I saw another "Straight Talk" call, I answered only to find out it was a tracfone agent, & I explained to the nice woman what the problem was. She offered to get me the original deal, but I'd already decided on the other.

Then a few minutes later, another "Straight Talk" agent who knew nothing about the previous agent also called.

So they are responsive.
    So did C/S explain why the Website is FUBAR and when it will be addressed?
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast