Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Meet the LG V30

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    The v30 looks nice but a little too expensive for my taste. There's an 800 camera I want to buy instead

If it was 399 may be more of a possiblity but 800+ for a phone is hard to justify for me at least

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am sure you can get the v30 for 399 to 499 in close to an year, phones Are not cheap yes that's an lot of money but it comes down to if you want and can afford it then go for it, I have the v10 and v20 and the S7, along with the ZTE zmax which is budget phone and I use it an lot

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on T-mobile network
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    The Samsung with 600 is rumored to be a little cheaper. Definitely no rush for me though since band 4 works well for me

Those LG phones are tempting though

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    The only thing bad so far looks to be the weak and non-removable battery.
    The battery is not so bad. I'm a fairly heavy user and the battery gets me through the day without having to connect to a charger.

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'll just mention in passing that if you are worried about battery life, setting your backgrounds and lock screens to be a solid pure black will turn off all the pixels and allow the P-OLED on the V30 to consume far, far less energy.

I know it sounds unlikely, but it really does work to extend battery life significantly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
    The battery is not so bad. I'm a fairly heavy user and the battery gets me through the day without having to connect to a charger.
    I rank batteries that only last a day to be extremely poor, and those that last a few days to be "good". I am measuring against how batteries used to last a week on phones. It's gotten worse only due to intentional bad design (and I am blaming you, Apple, for all these ideas, bad and good, that others copy!), and nothing else. I'm not going go lower my expectations to accept pathetic weak batteries as any sort of "good" simply because the industry has chosen to cripple batteries over the past 12 years or so in order to make phones super-thin.

Imagine that V30 with the equivalent of 3 extra batteries, while the tradeoff is being heavier and 4 or 5 mm thicker. You'd have 3 to 5 day battery life.... and I'd give those a letter grade of C or B-. As opposed to the failing grades the others all now get (rare exceptions being that new Moto E4, which I would give a D- on battery life because it lasts a little longer than a day).

Feedback Score
    And yes, that is a GREAT tip. The way it is going, I'm getting a pair of V30s on Black Friday...unless I can get the same deal on two Samsung Galaxy S8 Actives.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manofstill2012 View Post
    I am sure you can get the v30 for 399 to 499 in close to an year, phones Are not cheap yes that's an lot of money but it comes down to if you want and can afford it then go for it, I have the v10 and v20 and the S7, along with the ZTE zmax which is budget phone and I use it an lot

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on T-mobile network
    Not to pry, but how do you use 4 phones simultaneously...

Is it a routine thing? Or are you counting phones that your family members also have.

A #DroidLife question...

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    And yes, that is a GREAT tip. The way it is going, I'm getting a pair of V30s on Black Friday...unless I can get the same deal on two Samsung Galaxy S8 Actives.
    Curious what you ended up doing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
    Curious what you ended up doing.
    Nothing... The "add a line" requirement was a very strong disincentive to partake of any of these deals.

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The only tricky thing I have seen T-Mobile do so far is the automatic inclusion of a SIM kit, together with a mandatory call to customer service to get an otherwise perfectly good device up and running.

25.00 net cost.

The call will go your way when you tell them you are just moving your old SIM, but you will still have a brand new SIM that cost you just a little too much.

:-)

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Having to add a line for these deals kept me away from them also

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    (rare exceptions being that new Moto E4, which I would give a D- on battery life because it lasts a little longer than a day).
    Try the Moto E4 Plus. It's awesome, probably ranking a C or even a B on your scale.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2