Thread: FreedomPop deleted my number

Feedback Score

FreedomPop deleted my number

I have several FP lines that I use strictly as emergency phones/backup or, in the case of the 3UK Global SIM's, for international travel. So I might make just a few calls every month. Today, instead of the usual notification from the FP app that they successfully registered my device, I got a message saying I had no phone number associated with the account, and in order to proceed I was forced to get a new number. I've had this line for nearly a year; I can't fathom why they decided to delete the number but keep the account active. I'm pretty sure I've used it within the last month. Does anyone know why this happened? Since I do not ever give out my FP numbers (I have a work phone which is my daily driver as well as a GVoice number) it didn't cause me any problems but it sure is weird.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    A few months back Fpop started deactivated accounts that no calls had been made in 60 days. The user lost the phone number but could reactivate the account. I had this happen to a sim I had and I just deleted it altogether.

Feedback Score
    Lost my number the other day. No other numbers in my area available.

Feedback Score
    I lost one number too. Chose another one and that one was deleted within a day again!

Device(s)
    LG G3, MOTO G
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i also lost a number on a fpop sim i rarely used

Feedback Score
    Does the data service continue? I use my account with my Google Voice number, so I don't care about losing the freediompop number. I just need my account to stay active and for data to work.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone actually use FP for voice? I find their voice service (which is VOIP over Sprint data,no?) just terrible most of the time.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxman1 View Post
    Does the data service continue? I use my account with my Google Voice number, so I don't care about losing the freediompop number. I just need my account to stay active and for data to work.
    I received a reply from a FP rep in a Twitter DM that said as long as some data was used every month, the account itself wouldn't be deactivated. So far that's been true in my experience. However, everything seems subject to change at any moment with FP, so...

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Does anyone actually use FP for voice? I find their voice service (which is VOIP over Sprint data,no?) just terrible most of the time.
    I use a FP AT&T LTE SIM for data for voice via Hangouts. It works amazingly well for me, however, based on other reports, it may not work as well for everyone.

Feedback Score
    It's pretty alarming when you discover FreedomPop has deleted the number they assigned you/you ported in. Like others said, the account remains active. And up until recently, you could still gift data to your other account(s)/SIM(s).

Now that I can only get extra, free data on my main LTE SIM from Freedom Friends, I have no use for any of those other accounts other than to continue being a Friend to my LTE SIM. I ended up activating data rollover for $1.99/mo so that I'm at least getting to keep a chunk of the free data month-to-month.