Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    No. Keeping my iPhone 6S.
    My wife feels the same way about her 6S... while I am not necessarily a fan of iStuff, she is.
    "Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis"

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    i have the iphone 8+ i am happy with it. i didn't notice to much of a difference to justify forking up almost 300 smackers for the 10 when i got 2 8+'s for zero down with no upfront sales tax

Feedback Score
    My colleague is addicted to Apple products and he bought iphone X as soon as he could... He enjoys fast wireless charging, face ID, animojis... But the learning curve is still a real pain for him. You can't call iphone the easiest smartphone anymore!

Phone
    iphone X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
    My colleague is addicted to Apple products and he bought iphone X as soon as he could... He enjoys fast wireless charging, face ID, animojis... But the learning curve is still a real pain for him. You can't call iphone the easiest smartphone anymore!
    I'm boggled by this. If your any bit tech savvy the learning curve is easy. It is just a bit different but the same ios your use too. You have new gestures pretty much with all new ios downloads. I had watched youtube video's prior to waiting for my iphone x to arrive. The day I picked it up, I knew how to use it. Maybe this would benefit them. Now what is beyond difficult for me and I feel I am quite tech savvy is trying to work an android after only owning iphones. My sister hands me her phone while driving and says "send a text for me" I pick it up and cannot even figure out how to get to messages. She has to show me every time.

Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My wife retired her iPhone 4S in favor of a X this week.

Phone
    iphone X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    My wife retired her iPhone 4S in favor of a X this week.
    How fun! But knowing that the 4s had an earlier ios without being able to update, plus the fact that the X has different gestures on using it she will have challenges ahead. How is she managing? Tell her to go to Youtube, and watch iphone X video's. Also check out what the newest ios youtube videos too. I kinda envy your wife because I love new challenges and learning new things. When I was waiting what seemed like an eternity for my iphone X to arrive, I watched and watched the videos. When it actually came because of watching them the gestures came very easy for me. Now when I pick up my ipad, I want to swipe up instead of hitting the home button.

Congratulations of having a beautiful fun phone! I love mine.

Phone
    AT&T iPhone 6 Plus, Verizon Mifi 6620L
    Carrier
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    FYI you can now order iPhone X Sim-Free A1865 now on Apple Store app
    Replying a little late, but Apple lost my business over this.
    I had my finger on the buy button of a 256GB X just after it was released (and a finger on my other hand on the “sell on eBay” button for my 7 Plus) but I ended up delaying because I really wanted the SIM-free model.

They continued to not offer the SIM-free model for sale, and eventually, I just got used to keeping my 7 Plus and decided I could do without the $1K cost. I’m still quite happily using my 7 Plus.

If Apple had released the SIM-free model at launch, they’d have pried that grand out of me.

Why on earth Apple just doesn’t sell *all* iPhones as SIM-free models is beyond me.

Phone
    iPhone X, Essential PH-1, Nexus 6P, Lumia 640
    Carrier
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskanjackal View Post
    Replying a little late, but Apple lost my business over this.
    I had my finger on the buy button of a 256GB X just after it was released (and a finger on my other hand on the “sell on eBay” button for my 7 Plus) but I ended up delaying because I really wanted the SIM-free model.

They continued to not offer the SIM-free model for sale, and eventually, I just got used to keeping my 7 Plus and decided I could do without the $1K cost. I’m still quite happily using my 7 Plus.

If Apple had released the SIM-free model at launch, they’d have pried that grand out of me.

Why on earth Apple just doesn’t sell *all* iPhones as SIM-free models is beyond me.
    My understanding is that it has something to do with their agreements with the carriers. Apple, particularly in the early years, demanded a lot of concessions from the carriers. I believe, to help carriers recoup some of their investment in the iPhone, that Apple agreed not to sell an unlocked model for a period of time, now seemingly about a month, so that carriers had "exclusive" rights if people want to buy it at release.

Phone
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    My understanding is that it has something to do with their agreements with the carriers. Apple, particularly in the early years, demanded a lot of concessions from the carriers. I believe, to help carriers recoup some of their investment in the iPhone, that Apple agreed not to sell an unlocked model for a period of time, now seemingly about a month, so that carriers had "exclusive" rights if people want to buy it at release.
    It seems the the 8 and 8+ were available SIM free pretty much from the release date. But of course the anticipated phone this year was the X. And not like previous years, when it would be something like the Jet Black phone. This time, I tell myself, I won't buy the new phone
    Overly complicated cell phone service. Unlimited with iPhone X. Low cost plan on other national network with iPhone 7+. And a real cheap pay per use plan for "home number" with Moto E4. Combination of best chance for coverage when traveling, and a home replacement number to give out when I don't want to give out my primary cell phone.

Phone
    AT&T iPhone 6 Plus, Verizon Mifi 6620L
    Carrier
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    The iPhone broke the carriers’ death grip on phone sales. And now that 2-year contracts are a thing of the past, the carriers effectively have no reason to have any influence on device sales—all plans are effectively now BYOD plans. Apple can and should be able to do and sell whatever it wants. SIM-locked and carrier-specific phones have no place in 2018.

Phone
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Except that carriers still spend money promoting the phones. I see phone ads all the time (Sprint, Verizon, ATT, etc) advertising the iPhone, but at least partially paid for by the carrier. And BOGO free offers.

I hope that Apple can resolve their supply chain again so they can sell phones that are Universal in the US again, even if sold locked. Though there is a thread in the Verizon forum about the Intel (TMobile/ATT iPhone) model and use on Verizon LTE.

Selling locked just adds hassles. It took me 60 days before I could unlock mine, though I actually don't need it unlocked until September. And it is a problem for someone who wants to change companies before the normal unlock option is available. If I was part of a "family" plan with, say, 4 iPhones under device payment plans, and I wanted to change companies, I would have to come up with the money to pay them all off FIRST. Then unlock them, then move. Otherwise, my only realistic option would be to buy new phones for the new company (either trading in the old ones or unlocking after the move). For many people, especially with multiple expensive phones, that is NOT an easy thing to do. So likely trading phones into the new carrier, signing up for new phone plans, and taking the hit of the trade in values.

Feedback Score

Anybody buying the iPhone X?

Any deals to shed a couple hundred off? The deals I’m seeing all require long term commitments....I’m also afraid people will look at me with a side-eye thinking, dam, that fool spent 1k on a phone

Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterN View Post
    How fun! But knowing that the 4s had an earlier ios without being able to update, plus the fact that the X has different gestures on using it she will have challenges ahead. How is she managing? Tell her to go to Youtube, and watch iphone X video's. Also check out what the newest ios youtube videos too. I kinda envy your wife because I love new challenges and learning new things. When I was waiting what seemed like an eternity for my iphone X to arrive, I watched and watched the videos. When it actually came because of watching them the gestures came very easy for me. Now when I pick up my ipad, I want to swipe up instead of hitting the home button.

Congratulations of having a beautiful fun phone! I love mine.
    She's adapted to swiping up for the home screen and down for control center. And she loves the face ID—not having to swipe and then enter her code every time she picks up the phone after a few minutes idle.

Phone
    iphone X
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    She's adapted to swiping up for the home screen and down for control center. And she loves the face ID—not having to swipe and then enter her code every time she picks up the phone after a few minutes idle.
    Did she get a case? I put mine in an otterbox commuter from day one. I am not taking chances that this will break even if i do have Applecare.

Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterN View Post
    Did she get a case? I put mine in an otterbox commuter from day one. I am not taking chances that this will break even if i do have Applecare.
    She's got it in one of these for now, but she wants one that provides better grip.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast