Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tssva View Post
    Has anyone been able to resolve MMS sending not working with PureTalk and a BYOP iPhone? My girlfriend switched an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 12.4.1, latest of posting this, to PureTalk today and sending a MMS will not work. We have confirmed that the latest version of the PureTalk carrier settings have been downloaded by the phone and data works. Unfortunately unlike on my Android phone editing the APN is not an option. We have gone through every suggested possible solution from blog posts around the internet to no avail. Seems this is a common issue with ATT MVNOs and PureTalk isn't an exception.
    Pure TalkUSA has stated repeatedly that MMS on iPhone works on their service. What have you found out from Pure TalkUSA support?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Pure TalkUSA has stated repeatedly that MMS on iPhone works on their service. What have you found out from Pure TalkUSA support?
    Actually it depends on the iPhone. It doesn't work on newer iPhones like my XR. Its a known issue. It worked on my iPhone 7.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snova View Post
    Actually it depends on the iPhone. It doesn't work on newer iPhones like my XR. Its a known issue. It worked on my iPhone 7.
    Thank you for the clarification.

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Thank you for the clarification.
    We have a number of positive changes in the works. A real Apple solution being one - looking like late Q4/early Q1 2020.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x
    Carrier(s)
    Pure TalkUSA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tssva View Post
    Has anyone been able to resolve MMS sending not working with PureTalk and a BYOP iPhone? My girlfriend switched an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 12.4.1, latest of posting this, to PureTalk today and sending a MMS will not work. We have confirmed that the latest version of the PureTalk carrier settings have been downloaded by the phone and data works. Unfortunately unlike on my Android phone editing the APN is not an option. We have gone through every suggested possible solution from blog posts around the internet to no avail. Seems this is a common issue with ATT MVNOs and PureTalk isn't an exception.
    Hi tssva...

I don't have an iPhone, but I had read where others have had this problem on other MVNO forums. I'm not sure if these links will be useful...but thought I'd share them with you. The 2 in particular are iMessages (blue & green bubbles) and WiFi calling (PureTalk doesn't support this feature yet).

support.apple.com/en-us/HT204065

payetteforward.com/my-iphone-wont-send-pictures-heres-real-fix/

ikream.com/2019/09/how-to-fix-an-apple-iphone-xr-that-wont-send-mms-or-picture-messages-troubleshooting-guide-29963

You will have to copy & paste the links (sorry my Howard Forum account doesn't have permission to attach URLs).

I think once you've resolved these issues, your girlfriend will enjoy PureTalk.
    Best Wishes!

Device(s)
    iOS anything
    Carrier(s)
    PureTalkUSA
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone at puretalk give us a date or estimated time frame for the addition of VoLTE, HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling? Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamacagain View Post
    Can anyone at puretalk give us a date or estimated time frame for the addition of VoLTE, HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling? Thanks.
    Unfortunately, we cannot give a specific time, but it looks like we will rollout a number of updates in early 2020. Once we get firm dates from the carrier we will post in this thread.

Feedback Score
    Is anyone have texting issues on android phones? My son has a Samsung, and no one has gotten his texts for a few days. I have a google pixel 2, and randomly people are occasionally not get my texts.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17