Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

Feedback Score
    Got a question about pure talk is that. If I make an account does it display my account number on the site or do I have to call in for it?

Device(s)
    Samsung GS3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Got a question about pure talk is that. If I make an account does it display my account number on the site or do I have to call in for it?
    New number? I assume it would be displayed on the site. I called in to customer service do all three of my port in lines as I wanted to talk to someone and have it done right. But if you choose to do it online, the site asks you if you are doing a port-in or want a new number assigned when you are going through the activation process. I would think it would show your number immediately if you choose to go that route.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frowertr View Post
    New number? I assume it would be displayed on the site. I called in to customer service do all three of my port in lines as I wanted to talk to someone and have it done right. But if you choose to do it online, the site asks you if you are doing a port-in or want a new number assigned when you are going through the activation process. I would think it would show your number immediately if you choose to go that route.
    I was referring to the account number for the account not a phone number. If this was viewable on the online portal I mean

Device(s)
    Samsung GS3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    I was referring to the account number for the account not a phone number. If this was viewable on the online portal I mean
    Ah my bad. Yeah it shows it when you log in.

Feedback Score
    Things are not going so smoothly for my family switching to Pure Talk. 6-weeks ago i decided to order 2 SIM cards for my teenager and I to switch my service to Pure Voice while keeping our numbers. There was a discount for the first months' plans costs (remember this detail. After the SIMs arrived I ported my son's number from Airvoice and activated his SIM ($20 plan) on 6/11. I still had a month to go on my existing provider so I didn't activate it yet.

Now 7/10 my plan was ending so I ported over my number to Pure Talk and activated my SIM ($30). Looking at the "view account" I see that my billing period ends today and Pure Talk tells me that in order to continue I need to make another payment, for the full cost of BOTH phones' plans. In other words, when I activated my son's SIM they activated BOTH> so my 30-days were ticking away and I didn't even know it was activated.

The folks I've talked to on the phone in Atlanta are friendly, but not so quick to "get" the issue and propose a solution without LONG pauses and hold times while they ask someone (offline). Each time I call it takes so long just to get through all of the preliminary explanation - which on its own isn't such an issue, but the lack of any progress after each call is frustrating. The CS person and their Supervisor are not empowered to make a account billing corrections without it being approved by another level of manager - who is in meetings or out of the office frequently. So PT attracts 2 new accounts and then PT isn't prepared to resolve issues. The CS should be able to solve it. The Supervisor should for sure. But middle management designing it so the customer has to wait for the Supervisor's Manager for every resolution, just shows poor trust in their people and disarray.

When I finally got someone at the end of Day 2 to approve of doing the discount for my first month, I don't even get an apology or an additional "feel good" credit on my account for my trouble. I guess I should be happy that I'll get the deal as promised - but first they say I have to pay the full amount and then a credit should show up next month. Given what I've seen so far it's not very encouraging of my confidence. Pure Talk Rep, the process is not clear and your customers get the runaround instead of quick clean resolution.
    Last edited by 2Bingo; 07-11-2018 at 04:41 PM. Reason: clarity

Feedback Score
    I found my account number by searching in my email for the original "SIM Kit" order confirmation email from Pure Talk USA.
    Bingo
    Also, I noticed that Pure Talk has increased the fee for processing a 1-time payment from $2 to $5 per occurrence. They REALLY want you to save your credit card number for auto pay and this is how they encourage you.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the report 2Bingo. Too bad it was such a hassle to get the issue resolved!

Device(s)
    Samsung GS3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    @2Bingo

How did you get a credit for your 1st month of service? Was this a promotion? Referral?

Normally, you buy the SIM and prepay for 1 month of service at the time you order your SIM online. The clock doesn't start ticking until you activate the SIM. So it is very strange that they begun removing time from your second unactivated SIM.

I'm not sure how their billing works when you have multiple lines activated at different times. Looking at my billing on their website, my plan seems to renew on the 13th of every month. I don't know if that is for all other subscribers as well. So I assume one would get "prorated" on the 2nd month of service since they require you to pay 100% of the 1st full month at the time of order no matter where you fall in their billing cycle. I notice I also have a "remaining credit" at the top of the billing page which I assume is part of a prorate.

At any rate, I'm glad you got that cleared up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frowertr View Post
    @2Bingo

How did you get a credit for your 1st month of service? Was this a promotion? Referral?
    Normally, you buy the SIM and prepay for 1 month of service at the time you order your SIM online.
    Frowertr: I actually don't remember the deal I used (it was back in April when I purchased the SIM) but you're right: I bought 2 SIMs and paid a discount - not free.

Service with Pure Talk has been fine since the billing issue and I appreciate the larger data amounts vs. Air Voice.

I have a question for Pure Talk Rep: I have my $30 plan and my son's $20 plan billed together so that gives me a 10% discount off of my total bill (so $50 plus taxes and fees = approx $54 so a $5.40 discount). If I want to add my daughter's $20 plan it would be an additional the discount goes to $15% off the total.
    My question is if she has an existing account at Pure Talk, can I move it under my account to get the 15%?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    I think this is the deal I used. It's from page 2 of the thread we are in and is courtesy of the Pure Talk Rep on this forum (do you have a name?)

Finally we have a special PROMO code for HOFOs - 75% off your first month of service. Code will be active on 10/1 = HOFO75
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...7#post16907767

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Plus, HTC One, LG Nexus 5, Motorola Atrix
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, H2O, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    They are currently running their 1 month free special again. Offer ends at the end of August. They are advertising it on Facebook.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12