Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 287

Thread: Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Covington Georgia
    Posts
    57
    Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hello melissav1! Pure TalkUSA does support the Hotspot feature! This feature is only guaranteed to work with iPhone's 6S and above. We cannot guarantee that Hotspot will work with Android devices. This is due to there being many different software options available with Android devices, instead of just one with the iPhone 6S and above. Yes, MMS will work with the iPhone 8!

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Covington Georgia
    Posts
    57
    Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hello melissav1! Pure TalkUSA does support the Hotspot feature! This feature is only guaranteed to work with iPhone's 6S and above. We cannot guarantee that Hotspot will work with Android devices. This is due to there being many different software options available with Android devices, instead of just one with the iPhone 6S and above. Yes, MMS will work with the iPhone 8!

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    9
    Feedback Score
    0
    Could any current PureTalk users verify any success using using hotspot on Pixel devices. Unlike other Android devices, Pixels are the basic Android system devices without any extra skins like Samsung or LG.

    I don't want to sign up without knowing if the feature will work. I get the impression that maybe PureTalk caters more to iPhones?

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Covington Georgia
    Posts
    57
    Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by melissav1 View Post
    Could any current PureTalk users verify any success using using hotspot on Pixel devices. Unlike other Android devices, Pixels are the basic Android system devices without any extra skins like Samsung or LG.

    I don't want to sign up without knowing if the feature will work. I get the impression that maybe PureTalk caters more to iPhones?
    Its not that we cater to iPhone more, we are just trying to be as straight forward as possible. Android that contains carrier firmware can cause issues out of our control. I will send you a DM now.

  5. #275
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    33
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PureTalkUSA View Post
    Exciting news to share - Pure TalkUSA was included in the latest iOS release. Customers should download/install the latest update AND ACCEPT an update to their carrier settings. This update will give wi-fi Calling, VoLTE, VVM, and other Apple functionality (MMS/etc) to devices 6S through iPhone 11 Pro.

    We will share furthers updates regarding Android device wi-fi calling and VoLTE in a later post.
    I have not been on HF in a while and just saw this. Its works fabulously!! thank you thank you. I am so glad I stuck with Puretalk. I love how your company runs the business. No games, straightforward business model without gimmicks and US based customer support. Simple and fair. Your company has earned my respect and trust. So glad I don't have to move back to that other AT&T MVNO. I'm just on cloud 9!!! thank you again and congrats to the entire team. I know its been a frustrating road for Puretalk as well. I appreciate all your hard work to get to this point.

  6. #276
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    11
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL
    Carrier(s)
    Pure TalkUSA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by melissav1 View Post
    Could any current PureTalk users verify any success using using hotspot on Pixel devices. Unlike other Android devices, Pixels are the basic Android system devices without any extra skins like Samsung or LG.

    I don't want to sign up without knowing if the feature will work. I get the impression that maybe PureTalk caters more to iPhones?
    Hi....
    I'm using a Pixel 3a XL on Android 10 with the March 2020 update (purchased through Google Fi during a November 2019 sale)....and I can confirm that the hotspot issue DOES work with my phone and PureTalk USA, although I've not tested the speed I'm getting.

    That said, I had to leave a message for the admin here to facilitate (turn on) that feature. PureTalk quickly sent me a private message....and shortly thereafter giving them some of my account information, my hotspot was quickly enabled (thanks again to the PureTalk admin).

    If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them from the viewpoint of a PureTalk USA customer.
    Best wishes!

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    12
    Carrier(s)
    Pure Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have been a Pure Talk customer for a few years.
    I have been having trouble with texting on my iPhone 8 for at least a month now, and Pure Talk can’t seem to fix the issues.
    If I group text with all iPhones, no problems.
    If I group text with a mix of Androids and iPhones I don’t receive all the texts, I don’t receive pictures, and I have to try and resend text messages all the time.
    I have called customer service 4 times now. Tech support has not been able to figure it out.
    Any ideas?

  8. #278
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    11
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL
    Carrier(s)
    Pure TalkUSA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gdb99 View Post
    I have been a Pure Talk customer for a few years.
    I have been having trouble with texting on my iPhone 8 for at least a month now, and Pure Talk can’t seem to fix the issues.
    If I group text with all iPhones, no problems.
    If I group text with a mix of Androids and iPhones I don’t receive all the texts, I don’t receive pictures, and I have to try and resend text messages all the time.
    I have called customer service 4 times now. Tech support has not been able to figure it out.
    Any ideas?
    Hi @gdb99....

    I presume that PureTalk has walked you through setting the correct APN settings. If not, they are here:
    https://www.puretalkusa.com/phone_programming

    Your problem sounds familiar to something that I've read in another thread. I'm on Android 10, but I think your problem might have to do with iMessages. Something different in how the iPhone can send texts via SMS / MMS, but also can send through iMessages....and de-regestering?).

    Unfortunately since I don't own an iPhone, I have no way to test-verify-validate my suggestion.....so my offer is just a simple suggestion. Hopefully (fingers crossed for luck) it will solve your problem, or at least guide you toward something to check into.

    Best wishes....stay safe!

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Panama City Beach, FL
    Posts
    90
    Device(s)
    Samsung GS3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    My wife is reporting the same problems with her iPhone 8. The last couple of weeks her texts aren’t always going through and she is getting the message as “not delivered”.

    We have been with PuretalkUSA for years and have never had an issue until the last couple of weeks.

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    12
    Carrier(s)
    Pure Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by frowertr View Post
    My wife is reporting the same problems with her iPhone 8. The last couple of weeks her texts aren’t always going through and she is getting the message as “not delivered”.

    We have been with PuretalkUSA for years and have never had an issue until the last couple of weeks.
    I’m having the same issue. It’s when I send a group text to Apple and Android phones. You have to power down the phone, power back up, and resend. Aggravating.
    I would call and have them start an AT+T service ticket. Customer service told me today it’s been a known issue, and they should fix my phone by Monday.
    Hoping.
    Good luck.

  11. #281
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    12
    Carrier(s)
    Pure Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kegger99 View Post
    Hi @gdb99....

    I presume that PureTalk has walked you through setting the correct APN settings. If not, they are here:
    https://www.puretalkusa.com/phone_programming

    Your problem sounds familiar to something that I've read in another thread. I'm on Android 10, but I think your problem might have to do with iMessages. Something different in how the iPhone can send texts via SMS / MMS, but also can send through iMessages....and de-regestering?).

    Unfortunately since I don't own an iPhone, I have no way to test-verify-validate my suggestion.....so my offer is just a simple suggestion. Hopefully (fingers crossed for luck) it will solve your problem, or at least guide you toward something to check into.

    Best wishes....stay safe!

    Thanks for the recommendation.
    It didn’t work.
    I ended up calling customer service for the fourth time this month. They had to start an AT+T ticket to fix it. Whatever that means.

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    12
    Carrier(s)
    Pure Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by frowertr View Post
    My wife is reporting the same problems with her iPhone 8. The last couple of weeks her texts aren’t always going through and she is getting the message as “not delivered”.

    We have been with PuretalkUSA for years and have never had an issue until the last couple of weeks.
    I just called PureTalk customer service again.
    Now they tell me that it's a server problem with AT+T. Should be fixed tonight, 4/27/20.
    We shall see.

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,410
    Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have a couple questions. Are these Pure Talk phones just regular AT&T phones? Are they by chance unlocked phones?
    Thanks.

  14. #284
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,481
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gdb99 View Post
    I just called PureTalk customer service again.
    Now they tell me that it's a server problem with AT+T. Should be fixed tonight, 4/27/20.
    We shall see.
    Did it get fixed 4/27/20?

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Covington Georgia
    Posts
    57
    Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    0

    Pure Talk Devices

    Hello! All the devices on our website are indeed fully unlocked. In order to purchase a device, you must also purchase a service plan. If you decide at any time to leave Pure Talk, you may keep your device, as it will be fully unlocked.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Official Sig Testing Thread v1.0
    By JimmyA78 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 05:49 AM
  2. Official Cute Girls Thread!
    By teedot in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 07-16-2003, 01:55 AM
  3. Official Motorola Mods Thread
    By M0RPHEUS in forum Motorola Modding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 11:54 PM
  4. Official T720 lounge Thread
    By 323iT in forum Motorola
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-29-2002, 03:01 PM
  5. the official world cup thread....
    By oneeyejack in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2002, 06:48 PM

Bookmarks