Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

Device(s)
    Samsung GS3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    How about testing with an H20 SIM and $10 for a 90-day per-minute plan? I think H2O SIMs are a penny, at Amazon.
    You know, I thought about using Tracfone to do the same thing earlier today. I think that it or H2O makes the most since for testing vs getting two SIMs from Pure Talk.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Samsung GS3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I ended up using an AT&T Tracfone SIM to test coverage of Puretalk and was very happy. So we started the port into Puretalk yesterday and they said it would take 1-72 hours to complete. We are about at hour 24 and the port still hasn't gone through. Does anyone else here have any experience with porting into Puretalk and the amount of time it took?

Edit: It was my fault. I had given Puretalk the wrong account number from his previous provider. As soon as I corrected it, the port in was instant.
    Last edited by frowertr; 04-13-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Boom/VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frowertr View Post
    You know, I thought about using Tracfone to do the same thing earlier today. I think that it or H2O makes the most since for testing vs getting two SIMs from Pure Talk.

Thanks!
    I'm trying the H2O SIM approach and am checking ATT coverage where I live and work. Does H2O use the same towers/coverage as ATT prepaid/PT?

I'd like to switch over from VZW prepaid due to their recent problems with horrible data speeds. I'm consistently running well under 5 MB/s since they removed the 5 MB/s speed cap from their MVNOs. Tests with the H2O SIM are showing 10 MB/s plus.
    Cell phone user since 1992 (Moto bag phone)!

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Coverage-wise, H2O should be the same as PureTalk. H2O LTE speeds, like Cricket, are supposed to be limited to 8 mbps/sec, max. Speeds with PureTalk are not limited, so might be even higher.

Feedback Score
    Hi, I'm interested in signing up with PureTalk. I'm not planning to port a phone number. Is there a way to find out what area code I'll be given? Last time I signed up with an MVNO, they didn't have my local area code (734) available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hattie19 View Post
    Hi, I'm interested in signing up with PureTalk. I'm not planning to port a phone number. Is there a way to find out what area code I'll be given? Last time I signed up with an MVNO, they didn't have my local area code (734) available.
    I don't know if they have a nbr in that area code but their customer service is in Atlanta and very good. They actually respond to what you say rather than trying to fit it to a scripted response. The worst answer you could get is that they don't have one or that they don't know. Things that customer service doesn't know that answer to they can and do transfer you to tech support.

You might also want to check the next part of the number they suggest for one that is truly local for people that call you from local landlines.
    There are local toll calls that landline customers can have to pay when calling certain nbrs that don't seem that far away within the same area code but a different town. I have used this site in the past http://localcallingguide.com to find out it I would have a toll charge when calling from my landline rather than my cell phone.

Feedback Score
    Does Puretalk support mms and group messaging on iphones. Most ATT&T mvno's don't support these features, including H2O, Airvoice, and Red Pocket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crecory View Post
    Does Puretalk support mms and group messaging on iphones. Most ATT&T mvno's don't support these features, including H2O, Airvoice, and Red Pocket.
    Asked and answered in THIS thread.

Yes.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Any word on if/when Pure TalkUSA will support VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling?

Feedback Score
    I am strongly considering moving myself and 2 kids to PureTalk and have a couple of questions
    -I am not quite understanding how much the family discount will get us. Is the $20 plan included in this discount? For example, if I get 2 $20 plans and either a $25 or $30 plan, how much is the discount?
    -Is the tax/fee estimator pretty accurate? It feels hard to sign up for a service not knowing how much it will cost.
    -Is it easy to change amongst PureTalk's plans each month? I am not sure how much data I will need.
    -Any knowledge of any difficulties with AT&T prepaid phones or Puretalk?

ETA: Isee there is a $2 processing charge without autopay. I am guessing this is the $2 convenience fee referred to here. I have generally disliked autopay as I want to be able to leave a service easily if I dont like it...but I am not going to pay an extra $2/month. Do most people just to autopay to avoid this?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Robynsus; 06-08-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robynsus View Post
    I am strongly considering moving myself and 2 kids to PureTalk and have a couple of questions
    -I am not quite understanding how much the family discount will get us. Is the $20 plan included in this discount? For example, if I get 2 $20 plans and either a $25 or $30 plan, how much is the discount?
    -Is the tax/fee estimator pretty accurate? It feels hard to sign up for a service not knowing how much it will cost.
    -Is it easy to change amongst PureTalk's plans each month? I am not sure how much data I will need.
    -Any knowledge of any difficulties with AT&T prepaid phones or Puretalk?

ETA: Isee there is a $2 processing charge without autopay. I am guessing this is the $2 convenience fee referred to here. I have generally disliked autopay as I want to be able to leave a service easily if I dont like it...but I am not going to pay an extra $2/month. Do most people just to autopay to avoid this?

Thank you!
    1. All plans are included in the multi line discount. Two lines gets you a 10% discount, three lines 15% discount, etc.. You can add plans to the cart to see the discounts in real-time.
    2. Tax estimate was pretty much correct for me.
    3. Changing is easy. You just log in, select the number you want, and change your plan for that number. Takes less than a minute.
    4. Pure TalkUSA is one of the best MVNOs around. Good customer support and service. You won’t have problems so long as you have good AT&T native coverage in your area.
    5. Ours is setup to autopay on a credit card. It’s dead simple to do it this way. You can always dispute charges if there were an issue with them in the future (you won’t have one with Pure Talk).

Feedback Score
    I have used them since probably 2013 or close to that. Problems have been very, very rare and what few I have had they really worked with me and resolved. I am currently using a phone that was sold by Cricket which I immediately got unlocked via an Ebay seller recommended by a poster here on HOFO and then took the phone to PureTalk. (Cricket is the only MVNO I know of that uses AT&T but locks their phones to their service.)

Feedback Score
    Thanks! I am going to sign up.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane B. View Post
    I have used them since probably 2013 or close to that. Problems have been very, very rare and what few I have had they really worked with me and resolved. I am currently using a phone that was sold by Cricket which I immediately got unlocked via an Ebay seller recommended by a poster here on HOFO and then took the phone to PureTalk. (Cricket is the only MVNO I know of that uses AT&T but locks their phones to their service.)
    I think Consumer Cellular locks their phones (though you can request an unlock after meeting some conditions).

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    We are pleased to announce that we have rolled out a new customer portal along with changes to our check out process for new customers.

It is now much easier to understand/view taxes & fees and ongoing costs at check out.

Furthermore, we have enhanced our customer portal - allowing customers to better manage their account. The coolest feature is under the referral section. Each customer now has an unique link that they can share directly with friends, family, and Social Media to refer new customers to Pure TalkUSA. This feature works similarly to how Uber, Lyft, and other online companies refer new customers. Each party will receive a $20 credit when the referred customer completes their second active month of service. There are no limits to how many customers you can refer!

*We are still working diligently with our carrier to bring features like wi-fi calling to our customers.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast