Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tssva View Post
    Has anyone been able to resolve MMS sending not working with PureTalk and a BYOP iPhone? My girlfriend switched an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 12.4.1, latest of posting this, to PureTalk today and sending a MMS will not work. We have confirmed that the latest version of the PureTalk carrier settings have been downloaded by the phone and data works. Unfortunately unlike on my Android phone editing the APN is not an option. We have gone through every suggested possible solution from blog posts around the internet to no avail. Seems this is a common issue with ATT MVNOs and PureTalk isn't an exception.
    Pure TalkUSA has stated repeatedly that MMS on iPhone works on their service. What have you found out from Pure TalkUSA support?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Pure TalkUSA has stated repeatedly that MMS on iPhone works on their service. What have you found out from Pure TalkUSA support?
    Actually it depends on the iPhone. It doesn't work on newer iPhones like my XR. Its a known issue. It worked on my iPhone 7.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snova View Post
    Actually it depends on the iPhone. It doesn't work on newer iPhones like my XR. Its a known issue. It worked on my iPhone 7.
    Thank you for the clarification.

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Thank you for the clarification.
    We have a number of positive changes in the works. A real Apple solution being one - looking like late Q4/early Q1 2020.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL
    Carrier(s)
    Pure TalkUSA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tssva View Post
    Has anyone been able to resolve MMS sending not working with PureTalk and a BYOP iPhone? My girlfriend switched an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 12.4.1, latest of posting this, to PureTalk today and sending a MMS will not work. We have confirmed that the latest version of the PureTalk carrier settings have been downloaded by the phone and data works. Unfortunately unlike on my Android phone editing the APN is not an option. We have gone through every suggested possible solution from blog posts around the internet to no avail. Seems this is a common issue with ATT MVNOs and PureTalk isn't an exception.
    Hi tssva...

I don't have an iPhone, but I had read where others have had this problem on other MVNO forums. I'm not sure if these links will be useful...but thought I'd share them with you. The 2 in particular are iMessages (blue & green bubbles) and WiFi calling (PureTalk doesn't support this feature yet).

support.apple.com/en-us/HT204065

payetteforward.com/my-iphone-wont-send-pictures-heres-real-fix/

ikream.com/2019/09/how-to-fix-an-apple-iphone-xr-that-wont-send-mms-or-picture-messages-troubleshooting-guide-29963

You will have to copy & paste the links (sorry my Howard Forum account doesn't have permission to attach URLs).

I think once you've resolved these issues, your girlfriend will enjoy PureTalk.
    Best Wishes!

Device(s)
    iOS anything
    Carrier(s)
    PureTalkUSA
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone at puretalk give us a date or estimated time frame for the addition of VoLTE, HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling? Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamacagain View Post
    Can anyone at puretalk give us a date or estimated time frame for the addition of VoLTE, HD Voice and Wi-Fi calling? Thanks.
    Unfortunately, we cannot give a specific time, but it looks like we will rollout a number of updates in early 2020. Once we get firm dates from the carrier we will post in this thread.

Feedback Score
    Is anyone have texting issues on android phones? My son has a Samsung, and no one has gotten his texts for a few days. I have a google pixel 2, and randomly people are occasionally not get my texts.

Feedback Score
    @PureTalkUSA,

I'm an iPhone XR user. As I understand it, unlike my previous phone the APN setting as part of a signed X.509 certificate. However, that certificate expires fairly often. Is it possible to receive an automated text message when the telrite-cca.smarttrust.com certificate is about to expire so we don't need to call into support to get a reference to a new one via message? The telrite-cca.smarttrust.com cert is signed by a global sign CA. Just got a new one and its only good till August of next year.

Seems like a win win for both Puretalk support and the customer. Less time and money put into this annoying disruption of service.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS3
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It’s pretty disappointing that the newer iPhones (e.g. X, 11, etc...) don’t have working MMS or group messaging. This is a MAJOR problem that needs addressing before the first quarter of next year.

Feedback Score

Smile Newbie on the site & forum

Greetings, fellow members, I'm new to the forum, hoping to join up on Puretalk very soon, does anyone know if I can take care of the changeover from my current service to P/T doing EVERYTHING online, .. port my number, .. set up pay monthly ( NOT AUTO PAY ) or is it better to try doing it by calling customer service, are there any issues I should be wary of ..?? Any assistance is truly appreciated, looking forward to good times here ....... Boobala ..

Feedback Score
    I think it was in 2013 that I went to Pure Talk so I am not that familiar with making that kind of change now. I can tell you that I have been happy with their customer service the few times I have needed to use it. I looks to me like that might be a good way for you to go as one answer can lead to another question and you would have a good chance of taking care of everything in one session.

Welcome and good luck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane B. View Post
    I think it was in 2013 that I went to Pure Talk so I am not that familiar with making that kind of change now. I can tell you that I have been happy with their customer service the few times I have needed to use it. I looks to me like that might be a good way for you to go as one answer can lead to another question and you would have a good chance of taking care of everything in one session.

Welcome and good luck
    Thank you Jane ...... Boobala

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL
    Carrier(s)
    Pure TalkUSA
    Feedback Score
    Hi Boobala....
    Welcome to the forum!

I've been a Howard Forum member since mid-2019, but only recently (a few months ago) posted my first question to the PT moderator. I can say the PT customer support contacted me VERY quickly and resolved my question perfectly. I was very impressed (and pleased) with the response.

I ported my number several years ago from WFM (Walmart Family Mobile), although I had my father's number on PT for several years prior. The porting I did for his number (from a local AT&T MVNO) and the porting I did for my number (from WFM) was done ALL online. No hiccups or glitches....smooth and perfect.

If you're bringing your own phone, you will need to purchase a PT SIM card (I think they are $3?) and then activate your account when you receive your SIM. The porting process should go as typical, although be ready with your former account info should you need any passwords or other info to release the porting request for PT.

Also be sure you're phone is compatible with the PT service, and that your phone is "carrier unlocked". PT has a FAQ regarding this...and has other helpful info available for pre-sales questions.

If you're needing a new phone, PT has a good selection of phone at various price ranges. My father uses their flip-phone from several years ago....I think it was on a holiday sale for $25-ish. It's fine (according to him), but PT also has smart phones too. Personally, I was using a Nexus 5x for several years and recently changed to a Pixel 3a XL on a recent holiday sale. I simply removed the SIM from my Nexus 5x and put it into my Pixel 3a XL (although I did have to contact customer support to update the IMEI number)....again no problems at all.

One last note. You mentioned "pay monthly (NOT AUTO PAY)" in your initial message. I'm not sure what your definition is, but I'm charged monthly to my credit card (although notified several days prior to the billing). One could interpret this as "auto pay" since the process is automatic instead of the user initiating the payment (as you would if you were paying a utility bill).

Personally, I haven't had any cellular service that generates a bill (where I'd have to manually initiate payment) for several years. I think this is the difference between "pre-paid" and "post-paid" accounts....so ask the PT moderator for clarification on their terms. I'm not sure if this fits your definition, but wanted to bring it to your attention as you sign up for PT.

I think you will be pleased with PT.
    Best wishes to you...and let us know how your porting / transition goes.

Feedback Score
    Hello everyone. We switched to PT at the beginning of October 2019. We switched from ATT. No problems with cell service but our issue has been getting our hot spot to work. We have an iPhone 8 plus and an LG K20. Both phones hot spot worked when we had ATT. But every time we call PT it seems all we get is the run around. We get the same reply every time. They say there's no guarantee the LG will work and they are waiting on an answer from ATT on the iPhone. This has been going on 4 months now. Every time we call we spend almost an hour talking to support. It's really getting old!

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast