Thread: Official Pure TalkUSA Thread

Carrier(s)
    Pure Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Did it get fixed 4/27/20?
    Sorry, havenít been on in awhile.

Yes, they did fix the issue.

But, itís doing it again. Can not receive group texts with Android phones.

Very frustrating, and I will probably dropping PureTalk. I work for the local electric utility, and with COVID, we are getting dispatched from home, and our boss group texts. I need to get them all, especially since we have a storm coming today. Not a good day for this to happen!!

Carrier(s)
    Pure Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PureTalkUSA View Post
    Hi there! We have released a progressive fix, meaning there could still be a few people affected, but the majority should have received this resolution. The people that are still having issues should show that it is fixed very soon.
    Just an FYI, Iím not getting group texts again when they include Android phones. Started this morning, I think.

I canít have this happen. Went over a month with this before.

Great company, been with you for a couple years, but this is something I canít afford to happen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gdb99 View Post
    Just an FYI, Iím not getting group texts again when they include Android phones. Started this morning, I think.

I canít have this happen. Went over a month with this before.

Great company, been with you for a couple years, but this is something I canít afford to happen.
    Try to contact them through there facebook page. They tend to be pretty responsive there.

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanA View Post
    I'm thinking about switching from Straight Talk given the trouble I'm seeing on the horizon with the AT&T 3G shut-off, requiring me to transition to a new VoLTE-enabled SIM, which might in turn kill my ability to continue to use Conditional Call-Forwarding (apparently new AT&T ST SIMs block this feature, and old SIMs have simply been "grandfathered" in).

My requirements for a new MVNO would be:

1. AT&T network
    2. Supports VoLTE
    3. (optional) Supports VoWiFi
    4. Supports CCF

Does PureTalk check all of these boxes (specifically, the last one)?

Greetings, we operate off of AT&T's GSM network. We do support VoLTE, CCF and WiFi calling. Please be aware that WiFi calling is only guaranteed to work on iPhone's 6S and above.

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gdb99 View Post
    Sorry, havenít been on in awhile.

Yes, they did fix the issue.

But, itís doing it again. Can not receive group texts with Android phones.

Very frustrating, and I will probably dropping PureTalk. I work for the local electric utility, and with COVID, we are getting dispatched from home, and our boss group texts. I need to get them all, especially since we have a storm coming today. Not a good day for this to happen!!

Greetings, gdb99! We regret to hear that you are experiencing issues with receiving group messages. We would like to have an agent reach out to you for further assistance. We will be sending you a private message in regard to this matter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartStuart View Post
    Hi
    My wife and I camp in remote areas from time to time. I was considering the purchase of a cell phone signal enhancing device like Weboost, however, when I spoke with a PuretalkUSA representative, I was informed that Puretalk USA does not support signal boosters. Can you confirm that please.
    A second question, if you donít mind. Can I use a mobile hot spot device such as a MOFI 4500 with your cell Phone plan SIM card? In other words, pay for a normal phone SIM card but only use it in the MOFI (Or any other hot spot device)for data only? Thank you
    StuartStuart,

I've never had any issues repeating signal from my roof antenna to inside the house from any carrier. Including Puretalk.
    However, since Puretalk started offering Wifi Calling I find that I don't need the repeater all the much except when friends visit and don't have wifi calling.

Feedback Score
    Question

If someone buys the phone at the reduced price on the 45 or 55 dollar plan how long do they have to stay on it before cutting back to a lower data plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Largest GSM Network
    Feedback Score
    Hi there, kevdogg32901! The conditional sales agreement states that you will need to stay on the $45 or $55 dollar plan for the duration of 24 months to take advantage of this promotion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PureTalkUSA View Post
    Hi there, kevdogg32901! The conditional sales agreement states that you will need to stay on the $45 or $55 dollar plan for the duration of 24 months to take advantage of this promotion.
    Not worth the discount to be locked into a 2 year contract. Appreciate the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Coverage Question

Hi. I have had PT for about a month and I have been quite happy. There is one strange issue I am hoping someone can provide some guidance.

My wife has a Moto G7 Power that was on ATT prepaid previously. We have an area that she gets no bars with PT that worked with ATT Prepaid. Has anyone seen this before? Makes me wonder if there is a misconfigured tower or something? The area is in Austin Texas near an HEB grocery store. Seems to go out for 5 minutes while driving. Coordinates are 30.4768816,-97.8056856

Thanks for any help in advance.

Teddy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyc23 View Post
    Hi. I have had PT for about a month and I have been quite happy. There is one strange issue I am hoping someone can provide some guidance.

My wife has a Moto G7 Power that was on ATT prepaid previously. We have an area that she gets no bars with PT that worked with ATT Prepaid. Has anyone seen this before? Makes me wonder if there is a misconfigured tower or something? The area is in Austin Texas near an HEB grocery store. Seems to go out for 5 minutes while driving. Coordinates are 30.4768816,-97.8056856

Thanks for any help in advance.

Teddy
    Are you saying that you have Pure TalkUSA and it works fine for you, but your wife gets no bars with Pure TalkUSA using a Moto G7 Power? If so, what phone are YOU using?

Can us tell anything by putting your coordinates in at https://www.att.com/maps/wireless-co...ml?tab=prepaid? That map doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because the legend doesn't have any key for the light blue part of that map, but maybe you can figure it out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyc23 View Post
    Hi. I have had PT for about a month and I have been quite happy. There is one strange issue I am hoping someone can provide some guidance. My wife has a Moto G7 Power that was on ATT prepaid previously. We have an area that she gets no bars with PT that worked with ATT Prepaid. Has anyone seen this before? Makes me wonder if there is a misconfigured tower or something? The area is in Austin Texas near an HEB grocery store. Seems to go out for 5 minutes while driving. Coordinates are 30.4768816,-97.8056856 Thanks for any help in advance. Teddy
    does the phone just show no service or just no bars ?? is VoLTE enabled in the settings.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Boz1. I actually also have a Moto G7 Power I use that is also on PT. Although I have not been to the area to test it myself. My wife has had the same phone (G7 Power) on ATT Prepaid and PT. On ATT Prepaid there was no issue in the area. On PT she seems to be connected but has no bars. I did try the map and it just showed 5G in the area.

Thanks October262 the phone shows no bars. I verified VoLTE is enabled and working.

Ill see if I can get over there myself in the next few days to try it with my phone.

Thanks

Teddy

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22