Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: basic phone with all the verizon frequency bands for calling

Feedback Score

basic phone with all the verizon frequency bands for calling

is there a basic phone with all the frequenncy bands for calling and mainly calling

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahg View Post
    is there a basic phone with all the frequenncy bands for calling and mainly calling
    I understand what you want. Unfortunately, even for just calling, you need something that supports all of your carrier's LTE bands. VoLTE is the future and legacy networks will be shut off completely in the next few years.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    I understand what you want. Unfortunately, even for just calling, you need something that supports all of your carrier's LTE bands. VoLTE is the future and legacy networks will be shut off completely in the next few years.[/URL]
    ^^What he said. If you are going to hang on until the bitter end, then VZW offers 9 "basic phones". here is the link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/

There are several million people in the USA who will only use "basic phones" because they have a moral and religious aversion to the internet. Maybe some carrier will offer a phone with LTE talk only for them.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if LG Exalt has all the LTE bands, but it is volte

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Can the Exalt be activated on the legacy Nationwide 700 plan without the need for a data plan or additional charge?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    When I had vz postpaid they wouldn't let me use that phone unless I switched to the newer more expensive plan. Someone else may have better luck at it though but for me they wouldn't budge

Feedback Score
    This may not be info the OP wants--but maybe it will help.
    I want a small, compact phone to use only for talking in the US and rarely take a pix or 2. There are many folks who can't carry a larger phone than a flip phone.

I am looking to buy a new basic--read small and compact--VZW cell phone to replace my ancient LG VX8300. I am hard of hearing and in noisy environments I need to clearly hear--so my choices are:
    My first choice was the Kyocera Cadence--but it is only LTE. Great for the future--but now when I am in 1X only areas I need to be able to call and talk.
    My next choice is the Kyocera DuraXV Plus which is 1X & 3G---I think 3G is good for the next 5 years or so--maybe longer.
    The next choice would be the LG Revere 3--but it is only 1X so probably no good in a year or so.
    The VZW sales person said--When VZW upgrades the network and older phone become unusable--VZW will provide a replacement--yea right and I've got a bridge to sell!
    I'd like to hear opinions of the DuraXV if anyone has any, and I hope this will help someone,

Feedback Score
    Verizon doesn't do voice over 3G, so when they turn off 1x, they will turn off 3G as well. So none of the flip phones Verizon sells besides the Cadence and the Exalt LTE will work after their 2G sunset.

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    If you've got a basic phone, and refuse to live in the modern world, at least do yourself a favor and don't throw your money down the toilet on a postpaid plan- get Simple Mobile, Cricket, or Total Wireless and a cheap flip phone and call it a day. They all have Unlimited Talk and Text for $25/mo, or Tracfone offers prepaid if you're not using the phone a lot. If you're on a family plan with other smartphones and shared data, just take a hand-me-down smartphone or buy the LG Exalt, or better yet, the cheapest smartphone you can find, which will end up being cheaper than the Exalt, and turn the data off if you really don't want it.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    On the heels of this discussion, can I take a Tracfone with a SIM and LTE and then activate it on Verizon? For example, pull a SIM from an active phone, say a Samsung, and then insert it in the Tracfone and have it work?

Thank you.
    Sal

Feedback Score
    Even though Verizon has been attempting to kill the basic phone for years it still ain’t dead. Verizon website now offers about 4 different basic phones with LTE and I’m sure there will be a few more coming out soon. Lots of folks don’t want smartphones simply because there way to easy to break and way to expensive.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    Even though Verizon has been attempting to kill the basic phone for years it still ain’t dead. Verizon website now offers about 4 different basic phones with LTE and I’m sure there will be a few more coming out soon. Lots of folks don’t want smartphones simply because there way to easy to break and way to expensive.
    Do any of these 4 use a sim?

Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    Even though Verizon has been attempting to kill the basic phone for years it still ain’t dead. Verizon website now offers about 4 different basic phones with LTE and I’m sure there will be a few more coming out soon. Lots of folks don’t want smartphones because they are old curmudgeons who refuse to adopt to the times and want to live in some previous, bygone era.
    FTFY. 10char
    Last edited by GSMinCT; 12-27-2017 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Emphsis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Do any of these 4 use a sim?
    Yes. All Verizon LTE phones use SIM cards. Most of them even support GSM roaming. (But not the Sonim XP5.) So now Verizon is the best place to get an unlocked GSM phone!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I would like to use a flip phone for everyday use with my Galaxy S8 in my briefcase using only the WiFi. I had the S8 activated and then had my flip phone activated and use the S8 with just the WiFI. The nice thing is that my S8 can send and receive tests as if it were from my flip phone. I did not expect that at all. When I travel international, I just activate my S8.
    I would like to have a flip phone with a SIM so I do not have to call Verizon business all the time to change the phone. They do not always change it for me as I am not an authorized account change person (company phone). If I change the SIM card back and forth, then it should be easier.

Trying to ge the best of both worlds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast